• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 2,697 Views, 746 Comments

Good Morning Equestria - Quoterific



Equestria's newest chat show to all creatures

  • ...
9
 746
 2,697

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 22- You Bucked Up

"You join us here at Sweet Apple Acres with Applejack to tell us what goes on at the farm and how they produce all that delicious cider every season," Pinkie welcomed everyone, licking her lips at the idea of free mugs of cider. One rainbow pegasus is going to feel a twinge of jealousy today.

"Howdy y'all!" Applejack introduced herself to the listeners, "And well to Sweet Apple Acres. Each tree is grown with as much TLC, and it speaks for itself in the fruit of our labour!" Applejack lead the group deep into the orchard. Autumn giggled at the pun

"Our farm wouldn't be standing if it weren't for Granny Smith's discovery of zap apples new the Everfree Forest. The jam is second to none. And if it weren't for Granny Smith, there wouldn't be a Ponyville like today."

"This is amazing!" Silverstream looked around and looked at one of the apples, "They are so shiny, you can see your faces on them."

"How do you collect all of them?" Autumn looked around, "It would take forever!"

"Bumper crop season is the most busiest day of harvest," Applejack said before chuckling wryly, "Big Mac, my big brother, was injured and I promised to do all of them by myself. It didn't go as well as planned and I-"

"Poisoned all of Ponyville with your baked-bads, let a stampede of rabbits invade Ponyville and made Rainbow Dash crash into Twilight's old library whilst she was trying a new stunt," Pinkie interrupted without pausing for a single breath. Applejack just glared at her pink friend.

"You didn't have to tell them everything," She whispered to her friend in embarrassment.

"I think we get the picture," Gabby comforted, "So how do you get them all down? I helped you once with wing power, but what if you don't have wings. Do you use ladders?"

"Nope," Applejack answered plainly, "We use a good ol' buck."

"A buck?"

"You know?" Pinkie Pie said, oblivious to what she was going to say, "When a mare and a stallion love each other very much, they-" Applejack quickly put her hoof in her mouth. Marble silently thanked her, which Applejack returned with a tip of her hat.

"What I meant," She glared at Pinkie, "Was a simple back kick with on the trunk. Like this." She slowly released her hoof from Pinkie's mouth, in case anymore words would come out. When nothing came, she trotted over to an apple tree and took position. with one swift movement, she hit the trunk which shook violently, causing the tree to release its fruit. The others looked at her with amazement.

"It's nothing really," Applejack explained, "It just takes some practice and strong legs. I've gotten mine over the years."

"Can we try? Can we try?" Silverstream flew until she was face-to-face with AJ, giving her best begging eyes. Applejack looked unsure.

"Don't worry," Pinkie reassured, "What's the worst that could happen?"

"Where shall I start?" Applejack muttered, "You just had to say it." Applejack decided to see what would happen now that the dreaded sentence was uttered for the universe to decide. Gabby was up first.

"Now Gabby," Applejack warned, "Legs and wings are different. You don't want to sprain yourself if you get the angle wrong."

"Got it," Gabby replied confidently.

"Whenever you're ready," Applejack urged Gabby on. Gabby reared up and struck the tree with as much for as she could muster. However, having paws instead of hard hooves, the tree shook modestly, with only a few leaves falling off.

"Better luck next time," Applejack patted Gabby's shoulder comfortably. Silverstream was next.

"Give it all you've got," Applejack gave Silverstream a confident nod, which the hippogriff returned with equal confidence. She struck the with as much force as she could muster. Only a single apple fell and landed with a plop in the grass. Silverstream just picked it up and took a bite.

"You were almost there," Applejack chuckled, "Pinkie? Want a go?"

"I'm good," Pinkie sheepishly smiled, "I tried bucking when I got your cutie mark. It hurts when you mess it up." She shivered as she remembered the pain.

"Suite Yourself," Applejack shrugged, "Autumn, want a go?"

"Of course!" Autumn excitedly answered and headed towards the tree. She got into position and struck the tree with her back hooves. Several landed on the ground. Applejack gave a whistle of amazement.

"Wow, Autumn," Applejack mused, "Keep that up and I'll consider hiring you for the next harvest." Autumn just jabbed a friendly hoof at her side before she turned to the grey earth pony.

"There's nothing to it, Sugarcube," Applejack comforted Marble, "You can do it!"

"Yeah!" Pinkie stood next to her sister, "It's just a hop, skip and a buck!"

"That sounded like Rarity when she tried bucking to impress Trender Hoof," Applejack chuckled as she turned to Marble, "You can do it."

Marble gulped as she headed towards the tree, beads of sweat dripping down. the others gave encouraging smiles. Marble walked into position, took a deep breath, closed her eyes and bucked as hard as she could. What happened next was something no creature could have predicted. The tree snapped in two, sending the top half flying off into the horizon, where it landed somewhere with a massive thud, a cloud of dust and birds fleeing away from the disaster zone. The others looked at her with amazement, but none more stupefied than the farm pony.

"How?" Applejack uttered, which Marble blushed.

"Well duh," Pinkie said, "She works on a rock farm. Think of all those heavy boulders a pony has to carry all day and the carts you have to pull. Maud beat Rainbow Dash with a rock toss you know? It was amazing, if Maud hadn't said she doesn't like winning much." The others looked at her for clarification, but Pinkie gave them her usual smile as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Right..." Applejack trailed off.

"Why don't we all celebrate with some Apple Family Cider?" Pinkie said as she pronked down the path. The others looked at each other, before shrugging and following her. Marble just trailed behind. The last to leave was Applejack, who eyed the broken stump with horror.

"I knew something would happen. Granny's gonna give me an earful when she finds out. As they say, It's always the quiet ones that surprise you the most."

PreviousChapters Next