• Published 12th Apr 2021
  • 2,695 Views, 746 Comments

Good Morning Equestria - Quoterific



Equestria's newest chat show to all creatures

  • ...
9
 746
 2,695

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 112- Guess The Rock

“Welcome back for another exciting Game of the Week,” Pinkie excitedly announced to their listeners, “And you all must be wondering, ‘What is this week’s game of the week?’, but don’t worry your minds, for I will tell you what we are doing today!”

“So why don’t you tell us what’s this week’s Game of the Week?” Gabby tried to move things on.

“The Game of the Week is a simple one today,” Pinkie announced, “But please welcome back my sister, other than Marble in the studio,” Pinkie patted Marble on the head, who was looking at her with a slightly annoyed face, “My other sister Maud Pie!”

“It’s good to be back in the studio with you all,” Maud said in her usual monotone voice, “Hello again, Gabby, Autumn and Silverstream.” The other creatures waved a hoof, claw and talon at her with slightly strained smiles. They will never know what goes on behind her blank look.

“So let’s move onto the game,” Pinkie moved swiftly on, “Next to us are six rocks, but not all is as it seems. I have asked three of our changeling friends to disguise themselves as rocks, and all Maud has to do is identify the real rocks from the changelings in disguise.”

“Wait?!” Silverstream called out, “You actually managed to get Thorax, Pharynx and Ocellus to be on the show as well!”

“Yep, they are all in this pile of rocks,” Pinkie smiled as she pointed at a row of different shaped rocks. Maud looked at them intently.

“I think I’m ready, Pinkie,” Maud said after eyeing them individually, “My Maud sense is tingling.”

“Maud Sense?” Gabby asked in confusion.

“Runs in the family,” Pinkie said as if it was the most common thing in all of Equestria. Autumn rolled her eyes, but then snapped to Marble.

“Do you have a sense too then?” The kirin asked Pinkie’s other sister, who nodded.

“What is it then?” Autumn asked. Marble looked at the others and then whispered something in Autumn’s ear. Autumn’s face turned red instantly and nodded.

“Right…” Was her only response.

“Anyway, back to the game,” Pinkie moved on, “Maud, go to rock number one and tell us whether it’s the real deal or a changeling in disguise.” Maud did as her sister said and trotted over to the first rock, prodding it with a hoof and sniffing it.

“This one’s real,” Maud confirmed, which Pinkie removed a name tag.

“And it’s a nice slab of basalt,” Pinkie applauded her sister, “Onto rock number two, Maud. You’re on a roll.” The others tried to hide their discomfort at Pinkie’s pun. Maud was unfazed as she moved onto the next one. She even went as far as to lick it.

“This one is a changeling,” Maud said with monotone confidence. Almost instantly, the rock was surrounded by a burst of magic to reveal.

“Bleurgh! I can’t believe a pony licked me,” Pharynx shook his head in disgust, “I also can’t believe I signed up to a silly pony game like this. If you find Thorax next, tell him I don’t want to be part of his soft games. You ponies are rubbing your cuteness off onto him.” With that, he trotted off to the side, rubbing his nose where Maud had licked him.

“And the second rock was a changeling!” Pinkie announced, the others clapping for Maud this time, “And now we move onto rock number three.” Maud simply walked over, prodded it and took another whiff of it.

“This is definitely a rock,” Maud said as she removed the cover to reveal that it was granite. The other creatures and Pharynx clapped their appendages together as Pinkie directed Maud to the forth rock. Maud took much longer to scrutinize the rock in front of her, prodding it an extra time to be sure. However, she took a step back and nodded.

“This is an actual rock again,” Maud confirmed, which Maud identified it to be a cave rock.

“Which means that the final two must be the changelings,” Autumn concluded, “Maud can you confirm that for us and the listeners?” Maud nodded and inspected rock number five and six.

“They are both changelings,” Maud confirmed. Rock number five transformed back to reveal-

“Hello Ocellus and welcome to the show!” Silverstream waved to her friend at the School of Friendship.

“Hi Silverstream,” Ocellus waved back, “This reminds me of the time I disguised myself as a rock to hide from Thorax when the Tree of Harmony was destroyed.”

“Speaking of Thorax,” Pinkie said excitedly, “That means that rock number six is…”

The final rock burst into magic as Thorax was revealed.

“And this reminded me when I disguised myself as a rock to hide from Spike,” Thorax chuckled, ruffling his transparent wings after staying in one form for so long.

“I’m going to get you for this, you know that right brother,” Pharynx shook a hoof at his direction.

“I thought it was rather fun,” Thorax smiled sheepishly.

“Well, thank you to our special guest, Maud, and our special-special guests, Thorax, Pharynx and Ocellus for agreeing to participate as well,” Pinkie smiled at the guests, “We are going to take a short break, but from all of us in the studio, it’s goodbye for now!”

PreviousChapters Next