• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters
A Pottying Revolution (Pistachio)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Pistachio] [Oak Nut] [Butter Nut]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12

Oak Nut and Butter Nut had enjoyed a quiet, stress free life since they had married and settled down on their farm: Sweet Acorn Orchard. But, naturally, living on a farm could get a little bit too quiet. So it wasn’t long before the pair of acorn farmers decided they were ready to have a foal. After a few years of trying, their efforts finally paid off when Butter Nut gave birth to a healthy earth pony colt, whom they named Pistachio.

Pistachio seemed to be a mostly normal foal for the first two or so years of his existence. Oak Nut and Butter Nut had plenty of time to devote to him, tending to his every need and making sure he grew up properly.

But things started to take an unexpected and difficult turn once it came time for Oak Nut and Butter Nut to teach their son how grown-ups like them answered nature’s call.

“Come on, son,” Oak Nut chuckled as he picked his toddler son up by the back of his tail. “There’s something your mother and I need to show you. You’re starting to get to that age where you no longer need to wear diapers.”

Pistachio blinked his eyes. “I won’t wear diapers?” He pondered.

Butter Nut smiled. “Exactly. It’s time for you to learn how to use something that everypony uses.”

Oak Nut nodded as he brought his son into the bathroom, gently setting him on the tiled floor. “Son,” He said proudly. “You’re now officially old enough to start using the toilet, or the potty as most foals call it.”

Pistachio looked around, unsure of what exactly this ‘toilet’ his parents had spoken of was or what it looked like. He’d been in the bathroom many times before, but he’d never given much thought to any of the objects within it, aside from the bathtub.

The colt’s parents giggled as Oak took the liberty of drawing his son’s attention towards the intended object. “Over here, son.”

Pistachio’s eyes eventually fell upon a strange, white, bowl shaped object that was anchored into the ground. Attached to it was some kind of tank, with a shiny, silver handle on the left side. Was this the ‘toilet’ his mom and dad were speaking of?

Butter proceeded to pull down Pistachio’s diaper, then gently lifted him into the air. Then she set him back down, placing him onto a round shaped seat as his hind legs dangled off to either side. “You’re very lucky, Pistachio. When your father and I got married, the best we could manage was an outhouse. Toilets were too expensive.”

Oak chuckled a bit. “True that, hon. But eventually, we decided that at least one toilet was worth the expense. We got one installed about a year before you were born, son.”

“So, how do I use it?” Pistachio asked as he squirmed and wiggled about. He wasn't used to the cold sensation of the toilet seat against his bare bottomed flanks.

Butter smiled and explained. “It’s really quite simple. You just sit on it like you’re sitting now. Then you just… go, you know?”

Pistachio blinked in confusion. “Like in my diaper?”

“Well, sort of,” Oak corrected. “But in the toilet instead. And if you ever need any help, you can just come and get your mother or I. We’ll help you,” Then he encouraged. “Now go on, son. Show us you can go potty like a big colt.”

The parents waited, and waited, and waited some more as their son just sat on the porcelain throne. Seconds passed, then minutes. But nothing seemed to happen. Eventually, Pistachio looked up at his mother and father and asked them. “Can I get off now? I don’t think I have to go.”

Oak wasn’t so sure. “I don’t know, you haven’t been sitting on it for all that long, son.”

But Butter insisted. “It’s okay, Oak. If he doesn’t have to go, he doesn’t have to go. We can always try again later. What matters most is that he gets the idea of what he’s supposed to do and how he’s supposed to do it.” She then lifted her son off the toilet seat, pulled his diaper back up and set him back down again.

“Remember, son,” Oak Nut cautioned Pistachio as they (along with Butter Nut) left the bathroom. “If you feel like you have to go, come right back here to the bathroom and get on the potty. And if you need help, just call for either me or your mother.”

Pistachio nodded, appearing to understand. “Uh-huh, get Mommy or Daddy.” And then he waddled away, quite unconcerned.

A little later, however, the little colt came up to his parents with a rather sheepish look on his face. “Mommy, Daddy, I go potty.”

“Oh, you mean, like in the toilet?” Oak Nut asked in a hopeful tone of voice.

But the little colt shook his head from side to side. “No.” He didn’t need to say anything further, between the obvious bulge in the back of his diaper and a noticeable smell, it was obvious what he meant by going “potty”.

Both parents sighed, they had been hoping specifically to discourage Pistachio from doing this anymore.


Months passed with Pistachio making seemingly no effort at all to get to the toilet to go potty. Time after time, he kept going in his diapers, much to the displeasure and despair of both his parents. They couldn’t figure out what it was that they were doing wrong, why their son didn’t seem interested in learning how to use the potty.

One day, after changing yet another dirty diaper of Pisatchio’s, Oak Nut had a conversation with his dearly loved Butter Nut. “I just don’t understand it, Butter,” He lamented aloud. “Why doesn’t Pistachio care about keeping his diapers clean? Doesn’t he know he’s too big to still be using them all the time?”

Butter Nut could only sigh and hang her head. “Your guess is as good as mine, Oak Nut. There must be something he’s not understanding, something he refuses to tell us about. We just have to keep trying, though. Sooner or later, he’ll learn.”

Oak frowned and put a hoof to his forehead. “At this rate, I don’t think he’ll ever get out of diapers. He’s gonna be the only foal who grows up still wearing and using diapers,” With a groan he suggested. “Maybe we should just give up. If he hasn’t learned now, he’s never going to learn. We’ll just have to teach him how to change his diapers himself.”

But Butter immediately shot the idea down! “Absolutely not, Oak! We’ve got to stand firm on this! Pistachio has to learn how to use the toilet! If we give up on this, he’ll grow up knowing he can control us. He’ll never do anything he doesn’t want to do, and we’ll be powerless to stop him,” She put a hoof to her chin, deep in thought. “We just need to reconsider our approach, somehow. Find a way to encourage him to take that first step toward independence.”

Suddenly, by chance, Oak’s eyes happened to fall upon a magazine lying on the table he and his wife were seated at. And something on the magazine’s cover drew his attention. He picked it up, flipped the magazine open and then suddenly his eyes went wide! “That’s it!” He shouted quite suddenly!

“What’s it?” Butter inquired of her husband.

Oak excitedly exclaimed! “I know how we can get Pistachio to start pottying like a pro!” He plopped the magazine down on the table, then pointed a hoof to an image spanning across two pages: It depicted several earth pony, pegasi and unicorn colts and fillies, all of them about Pistachio’s age. Unlike Pistachio, though, they weren’t wearing diapers. At least, not the plain white ones. The undergarments clad around the foals were much more colorful, and full of various prints that depicted cartoon ponies. Even the tapes were in different colors, and the sides seemed to be… different.

Butter scanned the pages, looking at the unusual undergarments with confusion. “I don’t understand, Oak. Is this some kind of fashion statement? I don’t see how fashion is supposed to help us.”

But the stallion simply replied. “Just look at the happy faces of all the foals wearing those new undergarments. Apparently, they’re these special ‘training pants’ called pull-ups. If we got some of these, I’ll bet they’d be a great incentive for our little Pistachio. It’ll give him that extra encouragement he needs to make it to the bathroom on time.”

“You really think they’ll work, Oak?” The earth pony mare questioned with a concerned look on her face. “These… pull-ups look like they’ll be kind of pricey.”

“So was the toilet, but it was an expense worth paying,” Oak firmly insisted. “And I’m sure these will be the same. It can’t hurt to try, right? What have we got to lose?”


So it was that the acorn farming parents sent away for a box of the new ‘pull-ups’. They waited anxiously for days until at last the box arrived, filled to the brim with the colorful undergarments in every color of the rainbow and then some. And each of them featured unique prints that neither Oak nor Butter had ever seen before.

Checking over the box, the two earth ponies soon learned that the ‘pull-ups’ were designed in such a way as to make them more easier to slip on and off, both to help little ones when they needed to make it to the bathroom and to make inspections and changes easier for parents. But it was the cartoon ponies printed on each one that were the most important aspect of them. They were designed specifically to fade when wet or messy, the idea being that the little ones wearing them would want to keep the patterns from disappearing, thus motivating them to get to the bathroom on time.

“Do you really think they’ll work, Oak?” Butter hesitantly asked.

“There’s only one way to be sure,” Oak replied, and then he called for his son. “Pistachio, can you come here for a minute?”

Pistachio slowly came over, still clad in a thick, pristine (but plain looking) white diaper. “What is it?” He asked his parents.

This was it, the moment of truth. “Son, your mother and I have been thinking,” Oak explained to the best of his ability. “You need a little bit more incentive to go potty like you should. You’re just not trying hard enough.”

Pistachio whimpered and tried not to look guilty. “But I am trying! I try all the time, I just can’t make it!”

“Well, perhaps these will help you with that,” Oak explained further as he presented a colorful undergarment the same color as his son’s coat. “These ‘pull-ups’ are going to make it easier for you to take them off, which in turn should make getting to the bathroom and to the potty on time less of a hassle,” He then picked his son up. “So, if I put you in one, do you promise you’ll make more of an effort not to make messes in anything but the potty?”

Pistachio’s eyes became fixated on the colorful undergarment, and he nodded quite happily in agreement. “Uh-huh, I'll try!”

And so, Oak quickly removed Pistachio’s old diaper and tossed it aside without fanfare. Then, he slipped the little colt’s rump into the new pull-up, and slowly fastened the tabs before setting him back down. “So, what do you think, son? Think you can make it to the potty on time now?”

The little earth pony had to take a moment to adjust to the undergarment now clad around his bottom. It didn’t feel like it hugged his rear as tightly, which in turn meant it wasn’t pushing his back legs apart as much compared to the diapers he’d been wearing. Yet even with shimmies and shakes, the padding wouldn’t come loose like he thought it would. It shifted and moved about with him, rather than against him like his diapers had always done. And, best of all, they had such beautiful colors and such elegant designs. They were so much better than diapers.

Butter whispered to Oak. “I think he likes them, Oak. But do you think they’ll actually help him?”

Oak whispered back. “We’re about to find out,” Then he approached his son again. “Okay, Pistachio, let’s see if you’ll go potty in the toilet like you’re supposed to. Come on.” He scooped his son up and carried him away, Butter following close behind.


Soon, Pistachio was in the bathroom and was sitting on the porcelain throne as his new pull-up was pulled down to his knees.

Oak Nut and Butter Nut watched patiently and hopefully. At last, their efforts were finally rewarded when they saw their son’s tail hike up as he shut his eyes and started to push.

“That’s it, son! You can do it!” Oak encouraged!

“Come on, Pistachio!” Butter chimed in! “Just let it all out!”

Pistachio pushed, and grunted as he felt something move within him. Then, there was a series of splash, and a familiar smell reached his nose. “I… I did it!” He cheered and raised his front hooves high into the air, proud of his accomplishment!

Oak and Butter clapped their hooves in approval, delighted to see that at last their son had done what they had been trying to get him to do for some time now. “See how easy that was?” Oak declared as he slowly trotted forward. “Think you can do that more often from now on, son?”

Pistachio nodded. “Uh-huh! Wanna keep pull-ups clean! They’re pretty!”

Butter, meanwhile, was pulling a paper like substance off a nearby roll. Then she hoofed it to her son. “Now, Pistachio, this is toilet paper. When you’re done going potty, you use this to clean your flanks. Just wipe back and forth.”

“Here, why don’t I help you? That way you’ll understand how it should be done,” Oak explained as he took the toilet paper, instructing his son to the best of his ability. “And, when you’re all done, you just put it in the toilet."

“And do you know what comes next?” The colt’s mother asked.

“What?” Pistachio pondered.

Oak gestured to a nearby silver handle on the upper left side of the tank. “Do you see this handle?” He told his son who nodded. “Well, push it down and see what happens.”

Pistachio did so, reaching out his hooves and just barely grabbing the handle. With all his might, he pressed it down.

Suddenly, the colt’s ears picked up a thunderous roar coming from underneath him. He looked down, and saw the water in the toilet spinning around and around in a circular motion, almost like some kind of magical whirlpool as it sucked up everything inside. Then, it swirls down a hole at the bottom of the bowl, and everything disappeared. Once it did, the toilet gurgled a few times and the waters slowly began to refill the bowl, but now, it was crystal clear.

Oak explained to his son. “That was a flush, which is how the toilet empties itself,” Then he cautioned. “Just make sure you only flush after you’ve used the toilet, and only if you’ve gone number one or number two in it. Never put anything else in the toilet, and never flush anything else down it except toilet paper. Do you understand?”

The little colt nodded. “Uh-huh.” He assumed his father must have a good reason for telling him such information.

Butter then bent down and lifted her son off the toilet seat, carrying him over to the sink. “And now that you’ve gone potty, you must wash your hooves. Remember to do this every time you go potty, son.”


From that day forward, Pistachio’s potty training progressed at a remarkably fast pace. Gone were the days when he filled his diapers, replaced by gold stars and smiling suns on his potty chart near his bed. The pull-ups worked even better than his parents had expected, they seemed to be the perfect incentive for encouraging the little colt to make it to the bathroom on time. Of course, he still frequently needed his parents’ help getting onto and off of the toilet seat, but that was the only thing that gave him any trouble.

Oak Nut and Butter Nut, for their parts, were just relieved that everything had finally worked out. They no longer had any reason to worry about their son growing up without ditching diapers.

Years later, when their son no longer needed to wear even pull-ups, Oak Nut and Butter Nut began to realize that perhaps those colorful, revolutionary undergarments were what had first inspired a love of fashion in their only son.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 6 )

Yo what is this story?

I just randomly saw this on lastest updates.

11574477 11574460 Well, it was supposed to be a collab with various authors contributing. But ultimately, I ended up basically contributing it to mostly myself.

Login or register to comment