• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
A Different Kind of Dance (Sapphire Shores)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Sapphire Shores] [OC]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12

Sapphire Shores always insisted that, from a young age, she just knew she was going to be a dance and music star. She even claimed that her love of the performing arts was what had gotten her cutie mark, and had started her on that fateful path to becoming the first ever pony of pop. In fact, the Queen of Pop according to some (or at least, that had been the case until a certain countess pony had come along, only for said ‘countess’ to subsequently be toppled by a pony called Songbird Serenade).

What nopony really knew, let alone suspected (and what Sapphire was quite certain she would take to her grave) was that her dancing talents and love of performance had started much earlier than when she was a blank flank filly of school age. It in fact stemmed back to when she had been just a little pony, back when she was just Sapphire.

Sapphire’s parents were themselves musicians of relatively modest talent. They recorded songs and released albums on occasion, enough to make a decent living for themselves and their only child in the city of Canterlot. They’d even managed to set up their own little recording studio within their house, and almost from the time their daughter was old enough to speak they’d occasionally let her join in on some of their sessions.

Of course, often times the sessions would start or end the same way: Sapphire coming to her parents with a need to be changed. And either her mother or her father would take a break from the recording to carry out the task.

And so it went on for quite some time, until at last both Mr. and Mrs. Shores agreed that their daughter needed to be taught how to take care of her need to relieve herself without the aid of diapers. In other words, the parents decided that they would have to potty train their little Sapphire.

Naturally, that brought up the issue of how best to get Sapphire to cooperate. How best to convince her that using a bathroom instead of her diapers was a good thing, and something that all ponies her age learned how to do.

The answer and the solution came in the most unexpected of ways, but in a way that both parents felt was natural and wise. And it all started with a little “dance” that Sapphire would sometimes do whenever she had to go potty, more often number one than number two. But it was a “dance” all the same.

One day, Mr. Shores, by chance, happened to be alone with his only child when he noticed a familiar troubled expression upon her face. As if on cue, little Sapphire started twitching and hopping up and down on her legs. Mr. Shores just smiled as he looked down at his daughter. “Sapphire,” He asked in plain, gentle and soft-spoken terms. “Do you have to go potty?”

“Y-yeah.” Sapphire nodded back as she kept prancing in place.

Mr. Shores bent down and extended a hoof to his daughter. “Well then, come with me and I’ll teach you something. What you’re going through right now is a little something called The Potty Dance. It’s a very special kind of dance, and there’s a whole bunch of steps to it besides what you’re just doing now. Steps that must be completed if you don’t want to suffer an accident.”


Soon, father and daughter were trotting into the bathroom, Mr. Shores shutting the bathroom door behind him so as to give the two privacy.

“Okay then, sweetie,” Mr. Shores spoke up, amazed that his daughter could hold it for so long (He figured he would probably need to have another talk with her at some point about the dangers of holding it for too long). “You ready to learn how to do The Potty Dance in full? If you can get it down, you’ll be pottying like a pro.”

Sapphire was deep in concentration, her face starting to turn red as a result. But she still managed to force out. “I… r-ready.”

Mr. Shores nodded. “Alright. Let’s get that diaper out of the way first. It obstructs your movements and prohibits you from mastering the dance as intended,” Using his hooves, he pulled his daughter’s diaper down and delicately placed it on the bathroom floor for later. “Good. Now, just watch and repeat what I do. It’s really quite simple.” He proceeded to demonstrate a series of “steps” that brought him closer and closer to what appeared to be a trench of some kind. Although, maybe trench wasn’t the right word considering it had some kind of box shaped object surrounding it, and a strange colored tile nearby.

Still, Sapphire watched, and trying her best to copy her father, she waddled towards the trench like area. When she was close, she felt herself be taken by the hoof while her father “corrected” her movements to line her up with the trench proper (as Sapphire could now see that water appeared to be flowing underneath it for some reason).

“Now, just lift your tail, stand still, and let it all flow,” Mr. Shores instructed. “Then there’s just a few more steps left before you’ll have learned the full dance.”

Sapphire had a pretty good idea of what her dad meant by letting it “flow”, especially considering what she’d been putting all her effort into doing up to this point. As if on cue, her tail hiked upwards. Standing in position, she could feel something coming out of her, almost like a hose or a running faucet. And soon it was over.

“See? Easy, isn’t it?” Mr. Shores chuckled as he then stepped onto the colored tile. “And now I just step on this, and it all goes away. Nothing left for you to do but to clean up.”

“How I do that?” Sapphire wondered as she remained standing in place.

Mr. Shores pointed a hoof. “Do you see that little nozzle object over there?” When his daughter looked, saw said object and nodded, Mr. Shores explained. “Well, you just trot over there and pick it up. That’s what you use to clean yourself up. Don’t worry, I’ll be over there in a minute to help you use it. And after you do that, The Potty Dance is complete. It’s just a matter of repeating it every time you have to go.”

PreviousChapters Next