• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,507 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,507

PreviousChapters Next
The Quest for the Golden Throne (Dr. Caballeron)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Alternative Universe] [Adventure] [Comedy]
Characters: [Dr. Caballeron] [Daring Do]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: Based on an incomplete and deleted prompt from Soccer Storm 97.

Caballeron didn’t really know where he was and neither did he particular care. All he knew was that he had been taken to a strange, unfamiliar place far from his home with seemingly no way back. And shortly after his arrival in this new place, one of the inhabitants had seen fit to lock him up in a dungeon with no hope for escape. Well that wasn’t going to sit well with Caballeron, no sir. He was no ordinary pony, he was Dr. Caballeron the greatest adventurer known to pony kind.

Naturally, such an adventurer decided that the only course of action he could take was to escape the confines of his prison and try to find any way to get back to his home. The journey would be long and treacherous, but he was certain he was up for it. No temple, jungle or dungeon yet had been able to thwart him and this would be no exception.

By a stroke of luck, Caballeron found that the pony responsible for having abducted and imprisoned him had neglected to lock the bars of his cell into place. With a little bit of straining he managed to force them apart, and with the dungeon gate having been left wide open it was an easy task for him to escape.

But escaping the dungeon just brought the unprepared Caballeron to a thick jungle full of overgrown trees and strange animals and plants the likes of which he had never seen before. No matter where he looked he couldn’t get a sense of direction. He didn’t even know if it was day or night since the trees blocked out all natural light because they were so tall. Caballeron shuddered with fright despite his best instincts. He knew he had to be brave, but oh was it hard to do that when nothing was at all familiar to him.

Still, Dr. Caballeron knew he had to press onward. There was no point in turning back now. And who knew? If he was lucky he might just find a treasure that he could keep all for himself. He’d already amassed quite a collection back home from other journeys, he had yet to find a jungle or temple where there wasn’t ultimately some kind of treasure waiting for him when all was said and done.

So the earth pony trekked onward with no particular destination in mind. He hoped to either escape from this disorienting jungle or find a treasure hidden within it (preferably in a temple) that he could claim before his captor inevitably tried to find him. She was sure to notice him missing eventually, and it was so unfair that she took advantage of her unnatural height compared to him.


Caballeron ventured further and further into the jungle, unable to tell if he was really making progress or just going around in a giant circle. Everything looked the same to him.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye Caballeron saw a looming shadow from a tall figure block out what light there was. And before he had a chance to react, he felt himself being snatched up by the back of his tail and brought face to face with the same pony responsible for having entrapped him in that dungeon in the first place.

The “tall” mare was a pegasus with a golden brown coat and thick, red glasses. She also had on a very silly looking hat. “What are you doing here?” She inquired of her captive as though she didn’t already know.

Caballeron stuck his tongue out in protest. “Trying to get away from you! You know I don’t belong here!” He boldly proclaimed! “Go away and let me adventure in peace! You can’t stop me from obtaining your treasure.”

“‘Treasure?’” The mare blinked as she thought out loud. “Oh, you silly little pony. You forget where you are. You’re not in some jungle, you’re in my house. Your parents left you here with me.”

“I don’t believe you!” Caballeron hissed as he kicked about in protest, doing little actual harm to the mare who held him so effortlessly above the ground.

The pegasus mare just sighed. “I’m not getting paid enough for this. I don’t know how it is that you were able to escape from your crib, but you’re going right back to it and you’re going to take your nap like you’re supposed to. It’s what all good little foals do. It’s either that, or I stick you in time out.”

Caballeron only growled. “You can’t do this to me! Dr. Caballeron answers to no one!”

“Oh, is that so?” The mare replied as an idea seemed to come to her. “Then I guess you’ll never know about the awesome treasure I found the other day.”

That seemed to get the earth pony’s attention. “You found a treasure?!”

The mare nodded her head. “I sure did. But I hid it in a place where you’ll never be able to find it. But if you’re feeling brave enough and you’re willing to listen to me, I might just be willing to take you to the temple where I stashed it.”

“Temple? What temple?” Caballeron asked with his curiosity piqued.

In a dramatic tone of voice the mare declared. “The temple of the golden throne, of course. Not just anyone can enter it. For a pony like me it’s no trouble, but I don’t know if you’ll be up to the task. You are kind of small, even for your age.”

But the earth pony only puffed out his chest and proclaimed. “Dr. Caballeron is not small! There isn’t a temple yet that I couldn’t conquer!” And he then demanded. “Take me to this temple. You’ll regret ever telling me about the treasure it contained.”

“We’ll just see about that.” The pegasus mare replied as she carried Caballeron away.


The mare brought Caballeron to the door of the temple, making it open without any sort of elaborate ritual or anything of the sort. And in contrast to a lot of other temples, this one was brightly lit. At least it was once the mare touched some sort of switch that bathed the entire temple interior in a nearly blinding glow.

The earth pony soon spotted what appeared to be the golden throne. It didn’t actually look golden, but then again looks could be deceiving. It was oddly bowl shaped for some reason with a large opening near the bottom, some sort of lid on top and a long, gleaming handle of silver.

“Bet you wanna know where the treasure is,” The mare told Caballeron as they approached the “throne” together. “Well, if you want it you have to prove you’re worthy first.”

“How do I do that?” Caballeron eagerly asked. Any treasure that had to be earned had to be quite valuable.

The pegasus mare responded by making some adjustments to her charge’s “wardrobe”, leaving him bare bottomed before carefully placing him atop the throne’s seat. “Just sit down and relax. I’ll let you know when the temple has decided if you’re worthy or not.”

Caballeron then looked across to the silver handle. “What does that thing do? What is it for?” He asked.

“That activates a trap,” The mare explained. “A trap that can make anything in it disappear. And if you’re not careful, that could be you. So if you don’t want that to happen, don’t touch it unless I tell you to, got it?!”

The earth pony gulped and obeyed even though he was curious. This mare knew this temple and its throne better than he did, so if she said there were traps he saw little reason to doubt her.

Moments seemed to pass by as Caballeron sat on the throne and waited, and waited, and waited some more. He was just about ready to give up and assume he had been judged not worthy, when he suddenly felt himself being showered with praise from the mare for some odd reason.

Soon afterward, he was hoisted up and the “trap” was activated as a great roar reached his ears. Looking down, he saw the throne’s “trap” in all its glory: Some kind of spinning, dizzying whirlpool that had materialized from seemingly nowhere. And in the blink of an eye it all retreated down a hole at the bottom, only for the water to then settle down as it returned as if nothing had ever happened.

“You’re definitely worthy of the temple’s treasure,” The pegasus mare told Caballeron afterward, producing some kind of strange undergarment he had never seen before. “Conquering the throne means you get the garments of big ponyhood. Wear them with pride. But be careful, take them for granted and you’ll lose them.” She then helped him into the undergarment.

“Does this mean I don’t have to take a nap now?” Caballeron hopefully asked.

The mare shook her head. “I’m afraid not. You’re still taking a nap, big pony or not.”

Caballeron snorted and groaned. “Darn.”

PreviousChapters Next