• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Flush Your Fears Away (Fire Streak)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Fire Streak] [Soarin] [Rainbow Dash] [OC]
Written By: Soccer Storm 97
Note: Takes place between “Bolt Boot Camp” and “Captain of the Potty”.

In Equestria, there are many little colts and fillies who are afraid of at least one thing. For most of them, it would usually be monsters, heights, the dark or even loud noises. Most fears can easily be dealt with as time passes However, there are some that aren’t quite as easy to face. In fact, there was one pony that had been through this fact.

Soarin’s potty training started after his first meeting with Spitfire whom he had known almost from the day he was born. Like his best friend, he wanted to be a Wonderbolt when he grew up. But after graduating to pull-ups he ended up having to face his fear of the porcelain throne.

The first occasion started when the pegasus colt was introduced to the toilet by his parents. The loud flush frightened him so much that he was too scared to go anywhere near it. As a result, he was sent to the Junior Wonderbolts boot camp.

At first it took the colt awhile to get used to the flushing sound but with some encouragement from Spitfire, he managed to start using the toilet. He even found the flush quite interesting after seeing it in action. Not only did it help him get through the program, it also made him take his training more seriously.

Unfortunately, things started going downhill again after Soarin had finished using the toilet back home for the first time. However, with the help of a pegasus named Rainbow Dash, not only did Soarin manage to conquer his fear of the porcelain throne for good, he managed to use it and make it look easy. He was even amazed to discover that the cyan coated filly wanted to be a Wonderbolt just like him. And much to the delight of both their parents, the two foals quickly became friends.

One evening, Rainbow Dash was having a sleepover with Soarin at his house when they heard a knock on the front door which was answered by the colt’s parents.

Standing on the front porch was a light orange pegasus with a bright red mane and tail. Next to him was a cream coated colt with his mane and tail being a light orange with a cream color in between.

“Hello, Hot Streak,” Soarin’s father greatted the stallion. “It’s good to know that your son could attend Soarin’s sleepover. It warms my heart to see my son making so many friends his age. For a while, I was worried Spitfire would be the only foal he’d ever know.”

Soarin’s mother nodded. “And how’s little Fire doing with his potty training?” She asked.

“He’s doing great but there is one problem, unfortunately. A really big one at that.” Hot Streak confessed.

“Oh!” Soarin’s father gasped. “Is he afraid of the big pony potty?”

Hot Streak reluctantly nodded. “I’ve been trying to get him to use it, but he won’t go near it. He thinks that there’s a monster inside of it,” He then explained. “I’ve tried to tell him that there’s no such thing as a potty monster but he won’t believe me. I’ve tried everything, nothing seems to work.”

“Well, me and my husband have been down this path before,” Soarin’s mother replied. “It happened twice with Soarin, and the second time we weren’t sure he’d ever want to use the toilet again. But thanks to his new friend he’s not scared of it anymore. He uses it all the time now, he’s gotten so good at it he can practically do it all by himself.”

This gave the light orange coated stallion an idea. “Maybe what I need is somepony around Fire Streak’s age that can prove to him that the big pony potty isn’t that scary. And I think your son and his new friend might just be the ones to do it.”

“What a great idea!” Soarin’s father agreed. “We’ll do it when we’re getting them ready for bed. Ever we started Soarin’s training we’ve been having mandatory potty time before bed every night, and before breakfast every morning. It’s really helped him get into a routine.”

“Good!” Hot Streak declared before turning to his son. “Now, Fire,” He told him. “You be a good colt and tell Soarin’s mommy and daddy when you need to go potty, okay? They’ll be here to help you.”

“Okay, Daddy. Gonna try.” Fire Streak nodded and waved goodbye to his father before being taken to Soarin’s room.


After hearing about what his fellow colt needed help with from his parents, Soarin explained his situation to his cyan coated friend.

Rainbow Dash was quite stunned at first, but quickly understood. “You really think you can do it?” She asked Soarin.

“It won’t be easy, but I have to try at least,” The colt answered. “And with you on my side, we might just be able to help him.”

“Right!” Rainbow Dash nodded, promptly settling on a plan of action. “First, let’s ask him why he’s so afraid of the big pony potty and refuses to go near it.” And with that, both foals made their way over to Soarin’s parents, who were helping the cream coated pegasus set up his sleeping bag.

“Hey you two!” Fire Streak called when Soarin and Rainbow Dash came up to him. He then pointed to his Wonderbolts themed sleeping bag. “What do you think of my new sleeping bag?” He questioned.

“It’s really awesome!” Rainbow Dash replied. “It looks way cooler than the one I brought with me! I don’t know why my parents insist on embarrassing me with it, I keep telling them I’m not a little foal anymore but they just won’t listen to me.”

“I like your sleeping bag too, Fire Streak,” Soarin agreed. “And did you know that Dashie and I wanna be Wonderbolts when we grow up?”

“Hey, me too! The Wonderbolts are so amazing, and being with them sure beats working in the weather factory,” Fire Streak declared, then he thought of something. “Hey, Soarin, your mommy and daddy say that you used to be afraid of the big pony potty like I am. So I was wondering, what caused you to be so scared of it?”

“Well, my very first attempt at using didn’t quite go as planned,” Soarin explained. “I was able to use it without any trouble, but when I flushed it, I almost fell in! It was so scary!”

“Yeah, I was afraid that it could happen to me,” The cream coated colt admitted. “And if I did, where would I go? I don’t wanna find out!”

Rainbow Dash just smiled. “I met Soarin after catching some older ponies who were being rude to him because of his fear. When he told me what happened, I told him to be more careful and to try thinking that the big pony potty is more scared of him than he is of it!”

“That’s right!” Soarin declared. “And now I’m gonna prove it to you, Fire Streak!”

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash agreed. “After all, I don’t think you can’t be a Wonderbolt if you’re not fully potty trained. You never see them wearing diapers.”

“Really?” Fire Streak wondered, and his fellow foals nodded their heads. “I never even thought about that. But I suppose you’re right. The Wonderbolts are grown-ups, and grown-ups never wear diapers,” Reluctantly, he decided. “I guess I have to at least try. Kind of wish I could just use my normal potty, but Mommy and Daddy say I need to start trying to use the big pony potty instead.”

“Trust us,” Rainbow declared. “Using the big pony potty can be lots of fun if you do it right. And if you do what we do, you’ll probably be out of diapers at the same time we are.”


When bedtime came a short time later, the three pegasus foals were brought into the bathroom by Soarin’s parents and subsequently led to the almighty porcelain throne.

Fire Streak gulped once he found himself in front of the toilet. He had seen it so many times back home, but seeing somepony around his age actually use it made him a lot more nervous. All it would take was one mistake to end up Celestia knows where.

As her son took off his pull-up, Soarin’s mother told the cream coated colt. “Soarin is gonna show you how to use the big pony potty, Fire Streak. Just watch and you'll see that it isn't scary at all. To him, it's easy as pie.”

“Pie? Did somepony say pie?” Soarin gasped, making his parents chuckle. “Where is it?! Where is it?!”

“Soarin!” Rainbow Dash groaned.

“Sorry, Dashie,” Soarin apologized and blushed hard, feeling quite embarrassed. “I can’t help it! I LOVE pie” He then buzzed his wings and managed to climb up onto the toilet, before turning around so his rump was hovering over the bowl.

Once his fellow colt had sat down on the toilet seat, Fire Streak noticed Soarin’s hind legs. They were dangling over the edge of the bowl. It kinda looked like he was sitting on a chair, except his rear hooves were not touching the floor. It was incredible to Fire Streak that his fellow colt could keep his balance.

After about a minute or two, Soarin felt his tail hike upwards as he opened his floodgates. Within seconds, he heard a series of splashes from inside the toilet. “See?” He told the cream coated pegasus. “The big pony potty is not that scary. As long as you’re really careful, you won’t fall in.”

“But what about the loud noise that it always makes?” Fire Streak questioned. “How can it do that?”

“Watch and learn.” Soarin declared. Once his rump was cleaned by his mother, he buzzed his wings again and climbed up onto the tank. He then went over to the gold cloud shaped handle on the left side and placed a hoof on it. With his parents and his two fellow foals watching, he pressed it down.

Fire Streak winced as the thunderous roar reached his ears. Prior to now, he believed that the noise was the sound of a monster coming to get him. But nothing was happening. “There is no monster living in the big pony potty after all,” He thought to himself. “And if Soarin’s able to use it easely, then I guess I should at least try using it myself. That should make Daddy happy.”

After the noise had faded away and the toilet had refilled itself completely, Soarin’s father helped his son with washing his hooves while his wife spoke to the cream coated pegasus. “So, what do you think now, Fire Streak? You wanna give it a try?”

Knowing that there was no turning back now, Fire Streak nervously nodded his head. He wasn’t afraid of a monster, but he was still worried about what the loud roar really signified. “Well, I do kinda need to go,” He admitted and allowed Soarin’s father to take his pull-up off. Then he was carefully placed onto the porcelain throne. “Wow!” He commented as his hooves touched the toilet seat. “This seat feels so soft and fluffy. It’s nothing like the one at my house”

Soarin’s mother chuckled. “That’s because this is a special seat made from clouds. It also makes it less slippery, so you’re not as likely to fall off or fall in.”

After his rump was prossened over the bowl, the creamed coated pegasus sat down. He didn’t know why, but he somehow felt quite comfortable and he started to relax. After a few minutes, he felt his tail hike upward as his floodgates opened. Soon he heard a series of plops accompanied by the sound of splashing water. He knew what that meant, especially once the smell reached his nose. “I... I did it!” He triumphantly cheered!

“You sure did,” Soarin’s father declared. “Now just hold still so I can clean you up. Then you can flush the big pony potty.”

“Flush?” Fire Streak blinked.

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash replied. “Just pull the handle and watch. It’s really cool! It’s almost like seeing a magic trick!”

The creamed coated pegasus nodded his head, and then slowly but carefully made his way over to the gold cloud shaped handle. Once he was underneath it, he buzzed his wings and managed to grab it with both his front hooves. He then pulled as hard as he could, but the handle wouldn’t move.

“Here, let me help you.” Soarin called out as he flew over to help his fellow colt. Working together, the two little pegasus foals were able to pull down the handle.

Right on cue, the toilet roared loudly and Fire Streak looked down and gasped! The water in the bowl was spinning around at a high rate of speed, creating a vortex of some kind. Within seconds, it sucked everything down through the hole at the very bottom. Then the water continued swirling around until it disappeared down the drain. Then, as if by magic, it came back, except it was now crystal clear.

The creamed coated pegasus was quite shocked at what he had just seen. “Did I just see a cool magic trick?” He wondered to himself while being carried over to the sink. “If I did, then maybe the big pony potty isn’t that scary after all.”

“You know something, Fire Streak,” Soarin’s mother said as she helped the little colt wash his hooves. “If your daddy was here right now, I bet that he would be so proud of you.”

“Yeah!” Rainbow Dash agreed. “Just keep using the big pony potty and your fear will be gone in no time!”

“But if I did fall in, will I go away?” Fire Streak asked.

Soarin’s father simply shocked his head. “The big pony potty will only flush once you pull the handle,” He explained. “So the only way that will happen is if you slipped off it after pulling it before falling in. Our son learned that the hard way. It’s a good thing he remembered to fly out.”

“Daddy!” Soarin groaned as he blushed hard again with embarrassment, causing Rainbow Dash to laugh slightly as if his parents had revealed one of his darkest secrets.

Fire Streak snickered too. “No wonder you were so scared of it, Soarin. But it’s okay, your secret’s safe with me.”

“It’d better be,” Soarin ominously warned. “Or you’ll find out for yourself where you go if you get flushed.”

PreviousChapters Next