• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Not So Clear Skies (Clear Sky)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Sad] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Clear Sky] [Wind Sprint] [OC]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12

At first Clear Sky hadn’t really bothered to “correct” her special somepony when he saw fit to train their only daughter, Wind Sprint, in the ways of how pegasi answered nature’s call. After all, he was a pegasus too. One of the finest athletes not just in Cloudsdale but in all of Equestria. So what if some ponies maybe frowned upon the use of clouds as a make-shift “pit stop”? As long as it meant Wind Sprint got out of diapers, Clear Sky didn’t mind. She had her methods, and her special somepony had his.

It wasn’t like Wind Sprint didn’t know about other methods of pottying, even if she didn’t use them. When one hung around earth ponies and unicorns long enough, you learned things about them whether you wanted to or not. Clear Sky and her husband were always adamant about making sure Wind Sprint did her “business” before going over to other ponies’ places. It was the proper thing to do, after all. And Wind Sprint never made a fuss. It made getting her out of diapers far less of a hassle than it might have been had she been trained the traditional way.

However, after Clear’s special somepony suddenly and unexpectedly passed away and Clear was left to raise Wind on her own, certain things coild be put off no longer. It might have been excusable to have Wind Sprint do what she did whenever she had to “go” when she was still living in Cloudsdale and was being trained the way her father had been trained. But Clear’s decision to move to the ground (and start putting herself back out there to find a possible step-father for her child) meant that such a method was now “problematic” for lack of a better term.

Like it or not, Clear Sky knew she had to teach her daughter how to use a toilet. She now wished more than anything that she had at least started an effort to do it when she had her husband. Even he probably would’ve agreed that no foal could get away with not being toilet trained forever.

She knew it wouldn’t be easy, Clear remembered her own training had been far from perfect (but then, she doubted anypony’s training truly was). But still, try she would. Hopefully, her daughter wouldn’t put up too much of a fuss or a fight while being taught how to use a toilet like a proper pony.


“Do I really have to start using the bathroom like you do?” Wind Sprint asked her mom when she was led into the bathroom in their house, a humble two story abode in Fillydelphia with a small shower, a sink and a modern throne style toilet.

Clear Sky nodded quite slowly. “Yes, sweetie, you do. If I’m being honest, this was something I probably should’ve been teaching you about a lot sooner. And if your father were here, I think he’d agree with me. Toilets are becoming increasingly commonplace in Equestria, except maybe for Cloudsdale but I’m sure they’ll catch on even there eventually.”

Wind Sprint sighed. She could tell where this conversation was going. “What’s wrong with doing it the way Dad used to do it?” She asked. “Don’t earth ponies do something similar?”

Clear Sky bit her lip. “Maybe some of them do in certain places. But you’re not an earth pony, you’re a pegasus. And the way pegasi do it, well… there’s probably a reason why nopony likes to live directly underneath it.”

The filly frowned. “You’re really gonna make me do it even if I don’t want to, right?”

“Well, yes, sweetie,” Clear said in as a gentle tone of voice as she could. “Everypony’s doing it nowadays. Even I use toilets, and your dad did too sometimes.”

Wind saw fit to ask. “Well, how do unicorns do it? Can’t I do it like unicorns do it?”

At that, Clear started to recall memories of her own training. “Well, unicorns’ ways of doing it have changed greatly. But we were the quickest to consider new ways of doing our business.”

And the unicorn mare could well remember what it had been like when she had been old enough for her parents to consider getting her out of diapers.


Back then, Clear had lived not far from Canterlot (unicorns seldom migrated outside of Equestria’s capital city, only a hoofful ever settled elsewhere). Her parents weren’t nobility or uppercrusts by any stretch of the imagination, but they were far from poor. She didn’t remember much about them or their occupations, but she did know that they had made enough money to be able to afford something that was then just starting to see usage in the homes of ponies who could afford it: A toilet.

Now, this toilet wasn’t like the ones Clear had gotten used to seeing in recent years. This was a considerably older model that was really no more than an elevated trench with running water beneath it. Rather than sit, one had to stand in place. And instead of a handle there was only a pedal to activate the flush cycle. But it got the job done.

“Now Clear,” Clear Sky’s mother had somewhat gently yet somewhat sternly instructed. “Whenever you come here, you are to maintain the assigned position for however long it takes you to go. Or for however long your father or I tell you to stand there. When you’re done, if you do ‘go’, use the pedestal to flush. And remember to use the sprayer to clean yourself off.”

Clear Sky reluctantly obeyed even though she really didn’t want to. “But what about the pot?” She asked her mother even as she got into position as best she could.

“Hm? Oh, you must be referring to the old chamber pots,” Mrs. Sky commented in response to her daughter’s question. “That is only for night time emergencies, Clear. Even your father and I rarely use them. They served their purpose, but now there are much finer ways of answering nature’s call. Hardly anypony still makes them. Toilets are far more dignified.”

Clear couldn’t really argue with that. Her parents always prided themselves on being in on whatever the latest trend was, and it seemed toilet usage was just another one of those trends (albeit one that seemed unlikely to fade). Besides, she did have to go and she wanted to make her parents proud. So she stood there and lifted her tail, relaxing as she did what had by now become almost second nature to her.

“See? That wasn’t so hard, was it?” Mrs. Sky said to her daughter afterwards. And Clear had to admit it had actually not been as bad as she’d been anticipating. Sure, standing for long periods of time didn’t feel so good. But then, neither did a dirty diaper. It didn’t take the foal long to see which one was more tolerable.


“So?” Clear asked her daughter as the memory ended. “Can you at least make an honest effort to adjust to using toilets from now on? Everypony else is using them, you don’t wanna be the only foal in the kingdom who doesn’t, right?”

Wind frowned. “I guess not. But just because I use toilets doesn’t mean I have to like doing so.”

“Never said you had to. But I have a feeling you’ll change your tune before long.” Clear Sky said with a sincere smile. And in the back of her mind she was thinking. “And hopefully, you’ll feel the same way if I find a suitable stallion to be your step-father.” She already had a potential suitor in mind, she’d just started dating him a while back and so far had told him nothing about the fact that she had a child. But he would have to know if he was as serious about committing to the relationship as Clear thought he was.

PreviousChapters Next