• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
A Honey of a Potty Pal (Honey Sugar)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Alternative Universe] [Slice of Life] [Mystery]
Characters: [OC] [Scootaloo] [Dizzy Twister]
Written By: Matt11
Note: An unofficial semi-prequel to “A Haunted Nursery” by Matt11, which is where Honey Sugar comes from. Also semi-related to “Of Bathrooms and Big Foals”

Dizzy Twister frowned and sighed as she carried out the task of changing yet another dirty diaper from her only child, Scootaloo. Being a mostly stay at home mother these days while her husband was away, providing for the family, it could have its drawbacks. But Dizzy had more or less gotten used to this task by now, laying her daughter upon the changing table and fastening a strap across her to make sure the little filly couldn’t wiggle around too much.

“Scootaloo, I thought I told you that you’re supposed to be doing your pee-pees and poo-poos in your potty, not your diapers?” Dizzy scolded as she tossed the used diaper into the diaper pale, and went about wiping her daughter’s rump with some wet wipes. “You’re almost three years old, now. You shouldn’t still be making messes in your diapers.”

Scootaloo just replied in an innocent tone. “I sorry, Mommy.” It was hard to tell whether she truly was sorry for what she’d done, or if she was just saying that to make her mother feel better.

The amber coated pegasus mare sighed anew as she finished the wiping, then put a new diaper on her daughter and added a generous helping of foal powder. A quick glance up at a nearby wall revealed a calendar of sorts that read: “Scootaloo’s potty chart”. And given how many frowny faces and storm clouds it had compared to gold stars, it was quite clear that potty training so far had not gone well for Dizzy’s daughter.

Immediately upon being set down, Scootaloo ran off as fast as her little hooves and wings would let her. She was soon an orange colored blur, completely out of her mother’s line of sight.

Dizzy, for her part, just went to wash her hooves while lamenting to herself. “What am I doing wrong?” She felt she hadn’t been rushing anything when she had decided to potty train Scootaloo by the time she was two and a half years old. That was when most foals her age learned how to use the potty, every book and every expert she had consulted on the matter had said as much. Even her husband had agreed it wouldn’t hurt if Scootaloo wasn’t potty trained right when she turned two. It wasn’t going to be an overnight process regardless of when it was started, so why not let Scootaloo enjoy her diapers while she still could?

But even with that pink, plastic bowl that had “My Little Potty” printed on the side, Scootaloo seemed to be going in her diapers far more frequently than she ever did in the training potty. And just forcing her to go without diapers hadn’t been any better, Scootaloo had just found ways to go potty outside the house, “fertilizing the soil” as it were. And Dizzy had quickly put Scootaloo back into diapers so as to discourage that behavior.

The pegasus mare was thoroughly convinced she’d hit a wall somehow. It seemed like nothing she was trying was working. And she feared that if she couldn’t have a break through soon, her only child would never get out of diapers. She would be wearing them to school, to hang out with friends, you name it. And she would grow up mocked, teased and bullied because she would be the only foal left in the entire kingdom who still wore diapers.

What am I supposed to do?” Dizzy thought to herself as she exited the bathroom, breathing only a small sigh of relief when she wasn’t immediately presented with another diaper to change. The amber coated pegasus feared she was running out of options. It would take a miracle to get her daughter to stop going in her diapers and start using her potty like she was supposed to.


Just as Dizzy Twister was pondering her options and wondering just what she was going to do, she was surprised to hear a knock at the front door. That was odd, she hadn’t been expecting anypony to pay her a visit today. And she didn’t remember scheduling any playdates for Scootaloo, not when all her peers were surely much further along in their potty training by now.

Still, the pegasus mare with a loosely curly pink mane and a loosely curly tail that was pink with pale raspberry highlights trotted to the door to answer it.

When the amber coated pegasus opened the door, her moderate rose eyes beheld a most unusual sight: Standing on the other side of the door was an earth pony mare with what looked like a ghostly green colored coat, to the point where the mare appeared to be almost transparent. Said mare had faded green eyes, and a mane and tail that hung loose. Her cutie mark was faintly visible, but what it was Dizzy couldn’t make out.

The strange mare smiled as she trotted in. “This is the house of the Twister family, is it not? Am I to assume I’m speaking to Mrs. Dizzy Twister?” She greeted.

Dizzy blinked very slowly. “Yes, that’s me,” And she saw fit to ask. “Who are you?”

The strange earth pony just smiled. “My name is Honey Sugar, though some ponies refer to me as a nanny. I was hoping I could offer my services to you, Mrs. Twister.”

“What services?” Dizzy asked, more with surprise than concern.

Honey Sugar’s smile grew brighter. “Why, my services as a nanny, of course. After all, you have a little one in your care, do you not?”

“Scootaloo?” Dizzy blinked. “Well, I really don’t need much help caring for her. I can take care of all her needs just fine on my own. Plus, I have my husband, his older sister and her special somepony for help if I absolutely need it. Though my husband is unfortunately away right now, it’s his busy season.”

Honey Sugar nodded. “Yes, I understand. He has a very important job playing hockey for Cloudsdale.”

At that the pegasus mare almost gasped! “How did you know that?”

Honey Sugar just winked one of her eyes. “I have my ways,” And then she went on to say. “But I believe you need my help with something else related to Scootaloo. Something that everypony her age undergoes. And I think you know what I’m talking about.”

The amber coated pegasus sighed as she reluctantly admitted. “Yes, I’m ashamed to admit that I’m really having a hard time getting Scootaloo potty trained. I’ve tried just about everything I can think of to make her use her potty, even taking away her diapers. But all that did was make her start pottying outside like a wild animal. I know some ponies don’t mind that, but others do. And she can’t be doing that if she’s going to go to school and make friends. I’m not raising her in a barn, and I don’t need other ponies to start thinking I am!”

It was then that the almost ghostly earth pony mare replied. “Well, I believe I have a program that can help with that. What your daughter needs most, I suspect, is a positive role model. Somepony she can look up to and emulate. After all, most foals learn by example, by emulating their peers.”

“I already tried that with Scootaloo using myself,” Dizzy insisted. “I tried to show her how big ponies like me answer nature’s call. I thought that would work, but it seems like she’s too used to looking upon me as her mommy to see me as anything or anypony else. And my husband isn’t around the house long enough to be anywhere close to a role model. If anything, he’d probably just teach Scootaloo how to go on clouds or something, which is something she also won’t be able to do if she goes to school.”

The nanny just replied with a wink. “Well, obviously, if the parents aren’t capable of being true potty pals, then your daughter needs somepony else. Somepony more on her level. And I believe I can fill that role.” Then, her entire body started to glow rather mysteriously, as if by magic.

Before Dizzy Twister had a chance to ask her fellow mare what she was doing, there was a blinding flash of light that forced the pegasus to shut her eyes tightly!


Eventually, Dizzy managed to open her moderate rose eyes once again. And when she did, she was shocked to see that Honey Sugar was nowhere in sight! “Honey Sugar?!” She called out, fearing she had just imagined the entire encounter out of stress.

But an unmistakable voice called out in a high pitched tone. “Down here, Dizzy.”

The pegasus mare looked down to her hooves, and gasped as her wings fluttered outward in shock and surprise! She had to blink and rub her eyes to be sure she wasn’t seeing things. Honey Sugar had somehow magically shrunk herself down to about Scootaloo’s size, about the size of an average foal (maybe a bit smaller). “Honey Sugar! How did you do that?! Why did you do that?!” She exclaimed in disbelief!

The mare turned foal just giggled. “I have my ways, Dizzy. After all, I only want to help you raise your foal right.”

Dizzy began to scratch her mane with a hoof. “Why do I feel like I’ve seen you before somewhere? Like I should know you somehow?”

The regressed earth pony mare only replied. “You can worry about that later, Dizzy. For right now, I want you to listen to me very carefully. I can’t do everything on my own, after all. If I’m going to be Scootaloo’s potty pal, we have to work together to make sure your little one learns the proper way of using the potty.”

“But why turn yourself into a foal?” Dizzy Twister pondered.

“Would you rather I have made you the foal?” Honey Sugar replied with a giggle. “It’s like I said, foals emulate their peers. If Scootaloo sees somepony her size and age going potty the right way, she’ll take notice and start copying that pony. Plus, this way I can get inside your daughter’s head and help you better understand what’s going through that little mind of hers. Then you’ll better know how to tailor your potty training approach. Oh, and don’t worry about payment, this won’t cost you a thing. I never charge for my services.”

The amber coated pegasus mare nervously asked. “So, what, do I just start calling you Honey from now on? Or Miss. Sugar?”

The regressed earth pony mare with a ghostly green coat responded. “Whatever makes you feel most comfortable, Dizzy. Now, where is that daughter of yours?”

Dizzy sighed. “Probably gone off and gotten herself into trouble again. I swear, Scootaloo is a way more rambunctious and energetic little filly than I ever was,” She looked down to Honey Sugar. “I suppose I should put you into one of her diapers, though. At least for now. That way, if you have an accident, I won’t have to worry about cleaning my floors. I’ve already done that far too many times to count since I’ve had Scootaloo.”

Honey Sugar nodded quite slowly. “That would be most appreciated. We want Scootaloo to get the right idea, after all.”


Honey Sugar was soon picked up by Dizzy, who brought her new “charge” into Scootaloo’s nursery and set the foal down upon the changing table. Soon, Honey was strapped up into one of Scootaloo’s diapers, which fit her perfectly. And upon being helped down from the changing table, she had no trouble walking about in the padding.

Dizzy and Honey left the nursery soon afterward, with the pegasus mare puckering up her lips and giving a sharp, high pitched whistle.

Without warning, an orange colored blur zoomed into view! It didn’t stop until it ran smack into Dizzy’s hooves. Scootaloo shook her her head as she faintly whimpered. “Owie.”

Dizzy frowned anew. “Scootaloo, what have I told you about running around the house like that?”

“Me sorry, Mommy,” Scootaloo apologized in what sounded like a sincere tone of voice. No smells emanated from her, so it seemed she hadn’t used her diaper (yet). Then her grayish-purple eyes noticed something, or rather somepony standing beside her female parent. And said somepony was wearing a diaper just like the one Scootaloo had. “Mommy?” The foal asked. “Who that?”

Honey Sugar waddled forward and introduced herself. “Hello, Scootaloo,” She greeted in a friendly tone. “I’m Miss. Sugar, and I’m a friend of your mommy. She’s asked me to help you out.”

“What you help me with? Me no need help.” Scootaloo huffed in reply and swished her tail.

Honey shook her head from side to side in reply. “Oh, you most certainly do, Scootaloo. Your mommy has told me that you’re not using your potty like you’re supposed to. You keep going potty in your diapers. And when you don’t have diapers, you’re just pottying outside. But you know you’re not supposed to do either of those things.”

“So what?” The pegasus foal remarked as she stuck out her tongue in indifference.

Honey winked. “So? Don’t you wanna be a big pony like your mommy and daddy? They don’t have to wear diapers, but they also don’t go potty wherever they want to whenever they feel the need to go pee pee or poo poo.”

Scootaloo nodded. “Uh-huh. Mommy say she and Daddy use potty too. They use big potty they call a toilet,” She frowned, however, as she added. “But Mommy say I not allowed to use it. She say I not ready.”

The regressed earth pony nodded back. “Well of course you’re not ready, Scootaloo. You have to get good at going potty in your potty before you can even think of using the Mommy and Daddy potty. And right now, you’re hardly using your potty.”

The pegasus foal whimpered. “It not like me not want to use potty,” She sheepishly confessed. “Me just don’t always know when me have to go. Me try to make it when me can. Me not good at holding it.”

Honey then scolded. “Now Scootaloo, holding it in isn’t healthy either. You have to learn to listen to your body. It will always tell you when potty time is near. Part of potty training means learning to identify the signals sooner, so that you can make it to your potty on time. Waiting until it’s too late or almost too late isn’t good for you. It could make you sick.”

“How ya know all this?” Scootaloo questioned Honey Sugar. “Ya just a foal, like me.”

“I merely turned myself into one for your sake, Scootaloo,” Honey replied in a sweet tone of voice. “I want to be your potty pal and your friend. And friends help other friends learn what they have to do.”

Dizzy sweetly explained. “Exactly, Scootaloo. Miss. Sugar is going to teach you how to use the potty, and I want you to pay close attention to what she does. Because what she does, that’s what I want you to do,” She then bent down and asked the regressed earth pony. “Now, Miss. Sugar, do you have to go potty?”

Honey Sugar nodded. “I believe I do, Mrs. Twister.”

“Okay then, let’s go,” Dizzy replied as she took the regressed earth pony by the hoof. “See that, Scootaloo? Whenever you feel like you have to go potty, you must always remember to let a grown-up know. It could be me, your daddy, or even somepony else entirely. But grown-ups are always there to help you.”


Scootaloo followed her mommy and Miss. Sugar, watching as the pegasus mare accompanied the little earth pony to the bathroom. Surprisingly, inside it was a brand new training potty that Scootaloo was quite certain hadn’t been there before. She knew it wasn’t her potty though, because this potty was an almost ghostly white in color. In fact, it looked almost like a scaled down version of the big pony potty, a.k.a the toilet. Did that mean it could do everything the toilet could do?

Dizzy Twister, for her part, seemed to be all but astounded by this new training potty. “Oh, I guess I should’ve realized you’d have your own potty, Miss. Sugar,” She giggled. “I obviously couldn’t have you using Scootaloo’s potty and then asking my daughter to use it right afterward. Potties can only be used by one pony at a time, obviously.”

“I just made sure to come prepared, like I always do,” Honey Sugar replied as she was brought before her own training potty. “A good nanny always knows what’s best for her foals.”

Dizzy, meanwhile, took the liberty of explaining the next step in the potty training process. “Now, Scootaloo, I’m sure I already explained some of these things to you when I first started potty training you. But I want to refresh your memory just in case. When you need to go potty and have made it to the bathroom, you have to make sure to take off your diaper. Or rather, you must ask somepony else to help you do it. You understand that this is the only time you can be without a diaper. You can gradually work your way up to more diaper free time.”

Honey nodded. “But only once you prove you can understand your body’s signals and can make it to the potty in time. That means no going potty outside without a diaper on, and not having accidents if you can help it. It’s okay to have an accident every once in a while, nopony’s perfect. But even with accidents, you should learn about what to do and what not to do.” She then stood still as Dizzy Twister removed her diaper, pulling it down and setting it aside.

Scootaloo then watched as Honey Sugar sat down on her potty and relaxed. “Now you do whatever you have to do,” She told the foal. “Pees pees, poo poos or sometimes even both. And sometimes, you may think you have to do something but you actually don’t. It’s important to try every time you think you have to go, and even some times when you think you don’t.”

“So, would you like to try using your potty again, Scootaloo?” Dizzy asked in a hopeful tone of voice.

Scootaloo nodded, sensing that it would make her female parent very happy. “Uh-huh, Mommy. Wanna be big pony!”

The amber coated pegasus mare smiled at her daughter, before doing what she had done for Honey Sugar. Then she watched both foals as they sat on their potties.

Eventually, both Honey Sugar and Scootaloo were allowed to stand up. Their potties were inspected, and when they were it was possible to see a big smile form on Dizzy Twister’s face. She was especially happy upon inspecting Scootaloo’s potty! “Great job, both of you!” She applauded and clapped her hooves! “Especially you, Scootaloo! That’s exactly what I want to see more of from you! More pee pees and poo poos in your potty, and less in your diapers.”

Honey, meanwhile, trotted over to Scootaloo and said to the orange coated pegasus foal. “See, Scootaloo? That was fun and easy, wasn’t it? Don’t you feel proud of yourself for having gone potty like you’re supposed to?”

Scootaloo happily nodded. “Uh-huh. Thank you, Miss. Sugar.”

The regressed earth pony just smiled. “Oh, don’t thank me. Thank your mommy for letting me work my magic.” Then, she and Scootaloo had their rumps wiped clean with some toilet paper.


Dizzy Twister then took the liberty of emptying the contents of both training potties into the toilet. And then she got an idea. “Hey, Scootaloo,” She called to her daughter. “Since you were such a good little pony and went poo poo in your potty for Mommy, would you like to do the honors of flushing it all away?”

Scootaloo eagerly buzzed her tiny wings in excitement as she exclaimed! “Uh-huh! Flushing fun!” She strained herself a great deal to fly the short distance to the toilet and reach the handle.

Dizzy carefully reached out an amber hoof and held tightly to her daughter. “Go ahead, Mommy’s got you.”

With that encouragement, the little pegasus extended a hoof out towards the handle and pressed it down to flush the toilet. Then she watched as the contents of both training potties was swiftly flushed down the drain, almost like a magic trick. She was set back down when the flush cycle ended.

Dizzy put the lid of the toilet back down and washed her hooves, leaving Scootaloo and Honey Sugar to look at each other. All the while, Dizzy couldn’t shake the feeling that Honey Sugar was awfully familiar. There seemed to be something magical about that earth pony, almost otherworldly in fact. But for the life of her, Dizzy couldn’t quite put her hoof on it.

PreviousChapters Next