• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,503 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,503

PreviousChapters Next
Starting All Over, Again (Caramel)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Sad] [Alternative Universe]
Characters: [Caramel]
Written By: Foal Star
Note: Takes place within the chaos universe of Foal Star sometime after the events of “Pinkie Diaper Pie”, so I decided to credit him here.

For Caramel and for just about everypony in Equestria, the months following the landing of the chaos comet and the self-inducing incontinence it had inflicted had been agonizingly slow and difficult. Being forced back into diapers had hardly been fun, although some had managed to adapt to it whereas others had adopted a mentality of “grin and bear it”. Caramel had been one of the latter ponies, though his job had unfortunately made going out in public unavoidable nearly every day.

Now, at last, the effects of the comet were starting to wear off. It was reported that ponies were slowly regaining control of their bladder and bowels. The news was received warmly as countless ponies all over Equestria started making plans to get out of diapers, now with a newfound appreciation for their potty training.

Caramel eagerly looked forward to when it would be his turn to be diaper free again, especially when he could hear success stories of ponies he knew or saw every day. Surely it would happen to him next.

Yet weeks ticked by and then over a month and a half, and yet even as it seemed like everypony in Ponyville was getting back to normal Caramel was still in diapers. He had no answer for any of this. He kept claiming his turn would come and that he was just a late bloomer. Surely there were still ponies like him out there somewhere.

Secretly, however, Caramel wrote letters to the princesses and even purchased a guide that had been developed to help ponies identify when their control would return.

Finally, just when he’d given up all hope and was convinced he’d be stuck in diapers forever, Caramel woke up one morning to discover that his diaper was dry. He knew he hadn’t changed himself during the night, and it had definitely been a while since he’d last had anything to eat or drink. “Oh please, please let it be true! Celestia as my witness, I’ll never take my potty training for granted ever again!” He thought to himself as the earth pony made a dash for his bathroom!


Caramel eyed the toilet he hadn’t used in what seemed like forever. It was actually kind of intimidating to look at it. He didn’t want to mess up while using it somehow, that was the last thing he needed. He waddled his way to the toilet, looking into the bowl and saw the sparkling clear waters in the bowl below. It felt so weird to come into the bathroom for something other than washing his hooves, brushing his teeth or showering.

“Oh, I hope I can get this right,” Caramel thought out loud to himself, remembering that his potty training from his foalhood had been rough. “I don’t wanna be stuck in diapers anymore. I’m ready to be a big pony again.” After a lot of fumbling with the tabs, he was able to undo them and get his thick and poofy diaper to drop all the way. He wouldn’t be needing it again, so he tossed the diaper in the trash (where else could he put it if he wasn’t going to be using or wearing it ever again?).

So Caramel sat down on the round seat. He sat, and sat, and sat. Minutes ticked by and nothing happened, much to the stallion’s frustration. He didn’t want to get down though. He was so sure he had to go. The last thing he wanted to do was jump down from the toilet and have an accident because he was too impatient. There’s no way he could’ve mistaken the signs! “If I wasn’t ready my diaper wouldn’t have been dry! I know nopony could’ve come over to change me!” He thought to himself and kept on waiting, but nothing wanted to come out. It was if there was some sort of blockage in him.

If only he remembered to bring something to read or occupy his attention. Perhaps he had tried to move too fast, or maybe he was forgetting an earlier change from the night before. Maybe breakfast at Sugarcube Corner could fix the problem.

Just as the stallion was ready to give up, he suddenly felt his tail hike upward. Then he heard some tinkering and some splashing water underneath him. And the smell left little doubts about what happened. His patience had paid off! Maybe the princesses had heard his requests, or maybe it was just a delayed reaction. Either way he was so happy to actually be using the toilet like a proper pony again. Once the earth pony was certain he was finished, he jumped down from the toilet seat. He wiped himself with the toilet paper before putting the used rolls into the bowl, and then trotted over and flushed the toilet.

For some reason he found that he couldn’t take his eyes off the swirling, draining waters as they retreated down the drain. It seemed to inexplicably fascinate him, as if he were just a little colt going through potty training for the first time.

The toilet soon refilled itself, and Caramel went over to the sink to go wash his hooves. However, when he passed by his diaper he found that it suddenly magically sealed itself back around his rump. “Hey, what gives? I already used the toilet! I’m a big pony again!” He whimpered. But try as he might he found that he couldn’t take the diaper off, there was a new symbol not unlike a timer that was printed on the seat.

Reluctantly, the stallion decided he would just have to wear the diaper for one more day. He could always tell ponies he hadn’t regained control of his bladder and bowels yet if they asked questions. And he would write to the princesses to see if they had any answers about this new development.

So Caramel washed his hooves and left the bathroom, throwing on the same cloak he’d taken to wearing to cover up his diaper. It probably wouldn’t deflect questions, but it was better than trotting around with a diaper on when almost everypony in town no longer wore them. And so long as he was clever about it, he could surely find a way to slip away to a bathroom whenever he had to go. Wearing the diaper wasn’t the same as using it, as long as that didn’t happen he’d be okay.

PreviousChapters Next