• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,478 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,478

PreviousChapters Next
Bedtime for the Belle (Sugar Belle)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Horror] [Mystery] [Slice of Life] [Alternative Universe]
Characters: [Sugar Belle] [OC] [Mrs. Cake] [Big Macintosh]
Written By: Zubric
Note: I decided to credit Zubric with writing here, since this is based on his fic “The Haunted Nursery”, which in turn was based on a seven part Skitterpone comic.

Back in Starlight’s old village, Nightmare Night was never really celebrated or even mentioned. Like many other holidays it was all but banned outright because of Starlight’s ironclad grip on the village and its inhabitants. Even after the village was liberated and life with cutie marks resumed, Nightmare Night wasn’t given much fanfare. Some of the villagers dressed up, decorated their houses and passed out candy and sweets, but not all of them did. Most just treated it like any other day.

When Sugar Belle moved to Ponyville in order to become Mrs. Cake’s baking apprentice (largely so she’d have a reason to be close to her special somepony, Big Mac), the big Nightmare Night celebrations caught her by surprise. And she would be lying if she wasn’t unnerved or startled even just a little by all the scary stories she overheard ponies mentioning.

One of the stories in particular stood out to her, largely because of how ridiculous it sounded: It was a story about a haunted nursery that resided inside of an abandoned building on the outskirts of town (near the Everfree Forest in fact). It was said to be inhabited by a ghostly earth pony mare with a magical aura about her. Anypony unlucky enough to enter the nursery was doomed to become one of her “victims”, a helpless baby pony that would be cared for by her forever.

But ghosts, magical nannies and abandoned nurseries didn’t exist. At least, that’s what Sugar Belle told herself. If such a building did exist, then surely she would’ve seen it or even just glanced at it. And how could anypony possibly know about it if the ghost left its “victims” stuck as babies forever, with no hope of growing up from the way it sounded? It all sounded so unbelievable that the unicorn mare convinced herself early on that it couldn’t really exist. And she was too old to still be believing in ghost stories, no matter who told them.

Then again, ponies had thought Nightmare Moon was just an old mare’s tail and she had been real. And it was no secret that within the Everfree Forest resided a zebra enchantress by the name of Zecora, well versed in ancient magics, potions and artifacts that were thought to have never existed before. So maybe there was a nugget of truth to the stories? Maybe there wasn’t a ghost, but what if there was an abandoned nursery? Well, there was only one way to find out.

Although Sugar Belle knew what that way was, she didn’t like it for even a second. So she made no effort to look for this “haunted nursery”, not even as Nightmare Night drew closer. In the end though, she would have no need to look for it. She would stumble upon it quite by accident and would learn that the stories were in fact real, to an extent.


It was just before sunset on Nightmare Night, and Sugar Belle was running late! Sugarcube Corner was going to be the sight for a major Nightmare Night party, and Sugar Belle had been tasked with picking up some last minute supplies. The party was going to start as soon as the moon was out, so the unicorn baker was scurrying to make it back on time!

But the mare seemed to have taken a wrong turn. She found herself in an unfamiliar part of town where there seemed to be no traces of life around at all. If not for the rustling of leaves that had fallen from the trees and the faint gust of wind that brought a chill to the air, Sugar Belle might well have believed she had somehow left the land of the living all together.

It seemed that the only building around through which to ask for directions, was a rather worn down and old looking building with window shutters that seemed ready to fall down and break at a moment’s notice as they flapped delicately in the wind that continued to blow every so often. The cold gusts serving to further remind Sugar Belle that she hadn’t a scarf or hat on her and that the coming night time would probably be too much for her to endure without heat. She now wished she were more skilled with her horn and thus could just teleport back to Sugarcube Corner and safety in an instant.

Alas, the unicorn was forced to go inside if she was to have any hope of making it back before morning. At the least she needed to get out of the cold. So after parking her cart of supplies in a place where she hoped it would not be easily spotted and stolen, she trotted up to the front door of the worn down building. Much to her surprise it seemed to have already been opened, as though someone were expecting her. Maybe the ghost nanny from the stories?

Sugar Belle shook her head as she stepped inside. “There’s no such thing as ghost nannies or haunted nurseries. I’m not two! I’m a full grown mare!” She thought to herself! She would not let those silly fantasies even for a moment of entertainment.

Besides, the house was plenty spooky enough as it was. There were no traces of light anywhere in any of the rooms, save the occasional candlelight or the faint gleam of fading sunlight from the dusty old windows. Heck, the windows weren’t the only thing dusty: The floors were dusty, the walls were dusty, even the carpeting was dusty. And it seemed like there were cobwebs in every nook and cranny (though no trace of spiders who might have weaved them). Worst of all was the fact that there was not a pony or other creature in sight, living or… well not living.

“Hello?” Sugar Belle nervously called as she lit up her horn, affording herself a faint light to see her surroundings. “Is… is anypony here? I need directions to… well… anywhere within Ponyville, really. I’m lost.”

Suddenly, the baker’s eyes thought for sure she saw an eerie glow appear at the end of a short hallway. And was it her imagination or did she hear a voice that sounded like it was in a conversation with another being? With hope surging in her heart, Sugar Belle dashed down the hallway and into the room where the glow and the voice appeared to be coming from!

What she saw upon entering said room though, gave her room for pause and caused her hope to turn to fear and dread.

A ghostly green colored earth pony mare stood in the center of the room, her entire body looking obviously transparent as she was clearly floating above the ground. All around her stood objects that clearly resembled a nursery that despite how old it looked, seemed very well maintained. Compared to everywhere else there was not a trace of dust or cobwebs anywhere.

The ghostly mare soon spotted the “intruder” and locked eyes with Sugar Belle and seemed to smile. “Hello little one. Are you lost? Nightmare Night is hardly a night for little ponies like you to be out and about on your own, especially without protection.”

Sugar Belle’s response was simple! She screamed and ran away as fast as she could! The stories were real!

The ghostly mare appeared to give chase as she called out. “Wait, little one! Please don’t run away! I mean you no harm!”


The frightened baker didn’t stop running, even after she found the front door of the house to be mysteriously locked! She just instead ducked into the first available room she could lay eyes on, shutting the door tightly behind her as if in hopes of protecting herself from the ghostly mare.

“Little one, please open the door,” The ghost pleaded. “You don’t need to be frightened or scared. Nanny Ghosty is here for you now. She’ll take good care of you tonight.”

“Just go away! You’re not turning me into a baby!” Sugar Belle protested! “I can take care of myself!” Strangely, as soon as she shouted this she suddenly felt a familiar, growing urge inside of her. Come to think of it, it had been a long time since she had last visited the little filly’s room.

Fortunately for her, as she flicked on the lights she realized that she was in a bathroom and quickly spotted a toilet. It wasn’t an old fashioned one either, it was a completely modern throne based one.

Sugar Belle rushed to the toilet as fast as she could, finding it odd that her movements seemed to take on something of an infantile waddle by the time she reached it. The lid was down, but that didn’t bother her. It was a simple task to use her magic to raise the lid and plop her rump down on the seat. She then grunted and pushed, hearing a series of plops and splashes in the bowl below. “I really should go potty more often. It’s not good to go so long without potty breaks.” She thought to herself, and then blinked in surprise at where such a train of thought had come from.

The baker dismissed it out of hoof as she occupied herself with wiping up, depositing the used rolls into the toilet bowl. Then using her magic, she surrounded the silver handle and pressed it down.

As the toilet began to flush, something rather unexpected happened to Sugar Belle! As she rose to get up from the toilet she suddenly felt her entire body begin to shrink in size, all the way down to the size of a chubby unicorn foal. And to make matters worse, as she shrank she felt herself slip off the seat and fell into the toilet bowl! She was quickly swept up by the rapidly spinning and swirling waters! “Somepony help me! Please!” The regressed unicorn pleaded as she spun faster and faster. But her cries for help were cut off by the loud flushing! Once the water became a mighty whirlpool, Sugar Belle was sucked rump first down the drain and into the pipes!

But suddenly, Sugar Belle found herself emerging from the drain in a blinding flash of light! She was now somehow in the grasp of Nanny Ghosty. “Nana?” She blinked in surprise!

Nanny Ghosty smiled. “Yes, little one, it’s me. Sorry, I forgot to warn you about the magic that surrounds this place. It can do really weird things to ponies. You’re not the first one to be a victim of it. It was certainly not my intention to have you go down the hole,” She then looked at the regressed unicorn she was holding onto. “Now, I’ll get you cleaned up with a nice bubble bath, and then it’s time for all little ones to go night night. Not to worry, though, you’ll be well cared for. And when you wake up tomorrow, you’ll be able to go back to being your big pony self.”

“You real?” Sugar Belle gasped and blinked in surprise!

Nanny Ghosty nodded. “Yes, though I’m afraid that ponies have unfortunately spread widely exaggerated stories about my nursery. I don’t keep ponies as babies forever. As a ghost, I cannot permanently care for anypony who is still in the land of the living. Twelve hours is the maximum amount of time I’m allowed. This nursery is similar to the nursery I once set up when I was hoping to have my own babies,” She looked like she was going to cry as she added. “Sadly, it was not to be. An unexpected event would cause me to have to leave the physical world behind before I was ready. But my spirit lives on in this building, ready to care for little ones like you.”


Sugar Belle was soon bathed and scrubbed clean. And after the bubble bath was done, she was taken to the nursery where she had foal powder poured all over her rump before a thick, white foal’s diaper was strapped around it. “Don’t worry about the bathroom, Sugar Belle. The potty is for big fillies, after all.” Nanny Ghosty cooed as she used one of her ghostly hooves to boop Sugar Belle on the nose. She then gently lowered the regressed unicorn into the crib, before suddenly there came a strange sound. It sounded almost like something was ringing.

Nanny Ghosty just smiled, as she pulled out a strange, rectangular object and started to speak into it. Sugar Belle now realized that this must’ve been what she had overheard earlier. “Hello, this is Nanny Ghosty. May I help you? The ghostly mare asked. A voice instantly recognizable to Sugar Belle was heard on the other end. “Oh, hi Mrs. Cake! Yes, Sugar Belle is here with me. Don’t worry, she’s safe and sound. Though she did have an unfortunate encounter with the big filly potty earlier, so I’ve had to revoke her potty privileges for the time being. What’s that? Her special somepony is looking for her because she didn’t show up to a party? Not to worry, just send him here. I’m sure Sugar Belle would love a playdate with Big Mac.”

A short time later, a familiar earth pony stallion appeared in the nursery. Except now he looked more like a little colt who was only slightly bigger than Sugar Belle was now.

“Big Mac?” Sugar Belle asked even though she probably didn’t need to.

“Eeyup.” The little colt admitted with a blush, eyeing his diaper.

Nanny Ghosty just smiled and clapped her hooves. “Oh, how cute! Now, come, little ones. It’s getting late and you need your rest so you don’t get cranky,” Scooping Big Mac up she declared. “But don’t worry, you’re in good hooves with Nanny Ghosty.”

PreviousChapters Next