• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,507 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,507

PreviousChapters Next
What Goes Up Sadly Comes Down (Gilda)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Sad]
Characters: [Gilda] [Grandpa Gruff] [OC] [Princess Celestia] [Princess Cadence] [Shining Armor] [Twilight Sparkle]
Written By: Yosh E-O
Note: A partial prequel to “From Diapers to Deliveries” and partial sequel to “Moon v.s. Sparkle”

The joy of childhood is seeing everything as happy and positive regardless of what it may truly be. It is for this reason that raising griffon chicks was always viewed as such a chore. They cost money, took time away from what you wanted, and took forever to get the hint that life is miserable and that’s that. And since no griffon really wanted to do it, the eldest griffon still able to keep up with the younger generation was often “delegated” a role he wanted nothing to do with. In this case, the griffon known simply as Gruff (the young ones sometimes called him “Papa”).

Gilda, a fledgling just getting the hang of flying, was one of these chicks that drove the grumpy griffons crazy. Unlike most chicks, Gilda did not know how to take a hint and viewed all their attempts at putting her down as opportunities to just play pranks on them.

Gruff, one of the eldest griffons in Griffonstone, was frequently one of Gilda’s targets for pranking. Though this was because he was the grumpiest of all griffons and was so funny to startle. The laughter of the other griffons to how he reacted to little Gilda’s pranks made her feel she was getting positive attention while keeping the other griffs from being a target of her mischief.


One day, Griffonstone was visited by representatives from Cloudsdale. Their mission was to establish friendly relations with the griffons through inviting any aspiring youngsters to participate in the Junior Speedsters program. Nearly every griff of the target age had fallen into the grumpy and resentful state as their older counterparts. All but one.

“She’s the only one?” The pegasus envoy considered as Gilda merrily flapped around in her soaked diaper. “Normally, Junior Speedsters are potty trained.”

Gruff, who was a lime green colored griffon, stared down the cloud white coated pegasus. “Your princess wants relations, right?” He bitterly remarked. “Then take her! I can’t keep up with her!”

The envoy thought about this offer while nervously wagging her baby blue colored tail. Taking a griffon still in diapers was probably not what the princess had in mind. “And there’s no other young griffons who’d wish to participate in this program?” She nervously pursued.

Gruff narrowed his eyes. “No!” He spat. “Take her, or get lost!”

The pegasus could not believe how rude Gruff was, and how none of the griffons seemed to care at all for this little chick. However she and her team had come on a mission of friendship and she would see her duties through no matter. “Alright,” She stated in a more confident tone. “All we would need is permission from her parents or guardian.”

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG!

Gruff and the envoy both were startled as Gilda had found the pots and pans in Gruff’s house and started to cheerfully bang upon them. Their reactions made her laugh even more as she wet herself now to the point of her diaper coming totally off. This made her feel quite free as she started to flap about Gruff’s home.

“I’m her parent!” Gruff cried while getting up and firmly holding Gilda in his paws The young, brown feathered griffon took this as a hug instead of being restrained.

“You are?” The pegasus replied with disbelief.

“How soon can you take her?!” Gruff demanded as he saw the oversaturated diaper forming a pool on his floor. “I’ll sign her over to you right now!”

The white coated pegasu envoy was taken aback by Gruff’s treatment of his “daughter”. However not much was really known about griffons due to relations breaking down about one hundred years ago. So she just felt it best to get out one of the twelve forms her team had brought for signing up young griffons for Junior Speedsters. “Everything is laid out…” She started to say.

“Signed!” Gruff announced while bringing Gilda towards the pegasus and putting her on top of the envoy’s back. “She’s all yours now.”

The envoy cringed a bit over how Gilda had not been properly tended to before being placed on her back. “Don’t you want to know about the program?” She asked Gruff. “How we are hopeful this will improve relations between ponies and griffons?”

Gruff sneered. “This is what I call improvement,” There was a short pause. “So why are you still here?” He remarked. “Don’t want Gilda late for that Junior Speeder... thing.”

The pegasus blushed. “As her father,” She commented. “I kind of thought you might want to say goodbye and, well, get her into a clean diaper, right?”

Other griffons had started to gather around Gruff’s home as his tantrums always had a way of drawing a crowd.

“Gilda’s father?” One griffon snickered.

“Hey,” Another griffon grinned. “If he is Gilda’s dad then he can just be the designated father for all the chicks in Griffonstone from now!”

A purple fathered griffon giddily flapped her wings. “That’ll show the old coot!” She teased. “Papa Gruff is going to love his new responsibility.”

“He’ll come after us for this,” A yellow griffon nervously added. “He doesn’t mess around when it comes to getting even with any griff.”

The purple feathered one smiled. “He’ll be too busy being the town patron to ever truly get back at any of us,” Then she added. “Plus we’ll throw a few extra bits at him for his ‘service’.”

A red feathered griffon shrugged and smiled. “Works for me!” he proclaimed. “We’ll tell ol’ Papa Gruff about his new role in Griffonstone the moment those pesky ponies fly their flanks out of here.”

CA-CREEK

THUNK

“Bye-bye, Dada!” Gilda chirped as the pegasus exited the building. “Miss you!” There was no response.

“Team!” The pegasus envoy declared. “We have one volunteer to participate in this friendship exercise! Let us take flight to Cloudsdale and get out of here!”

Nearby pegasi took to the air alongside their leader. And as they left, the rest of Griffonstone made their way in to tell ‘Papa Gruff’ the good news.


Gilda was awestruck by Cloudsdale. It was bright and colorful in comparison to the barren and rundown appearance Griffonstone had. “Pretty-pretty!” She excitedly cried as she started to wobble about on the envoy’s back.

The pegasus envoy worried that the excitement might cause Gilda to have an accident. She had been changed out of her diaper, but her “father” hadn’t provided anymore diapers to change the chick into. So the pegasu zoomed to the nearest cloud and plopped the fledgling griffon down.

“Wow-wow-wowie-wow!” Glda delightedly declared, for she had never sat on a genuine cloud before. It was exciting and wonderful and everything Griffonstone was not.

The white coated pegasus sighed in relief as the area under Gilda went from white to grey. “You like what you see, Gildy?” She cooed.

Gilda fluttered towards the pegasus and gave her a big hug around the leg. “Love Momma!” She chirped.

This statement caught the envoy by surprise. However she quickly reasoned that the young griffon had likely never experienced the type of affection that most ponies give to their foals. “Alright, little one,” She warmly said while getting Gilda back up on her back. “Momma Sky Painter is going to make the most of our month together. That’s a promise.”


Princess Celestia was very pleased at getting even one griffon to participate in their effort to reestablish relations with Griffonstone. Everything had alright up until that balrog swept in to steal their leader’s greatest treasure. Once gone, the griffons went into a frenzy to establish who would lead given the king’s loss of their most valuable artifact. Sadly, over time the griffons went from seeking leadership and teamwork, to only looking out for themselves and apathy. And now it seemed that applied to their young as well.

“It only takes one to make a difference.” Celestia encouraged as she welcomed Sky Painter back from her mission.

Gilda. meanwhile, was flapping about in the throne room until she came to a sudden stop, lifted her hindquarters, and took care of some personal business on the tiled floor.

Sky Painter blushed. “Please pardon Gilda,” She nervously apologized to the princess. “The griffons seem to be very hands-off when it comes to raising their young, as you can clearly see. I’ve been trying to work on potty training, but I’ve been busy just getting her settled in to her new life.”

Celestia watched Gilda regain her excitement after relieving herself. “Accidents happen, Sky Painter,” She calmly declared while using her magic to acquire some tucked away cleaning supplies. This wasn’t the first time something like this had happened in the throne room. “And not to worry, I think I have just the pony to help you prepare Gilda for her time at Junior Speedsters. A pony who’s quite an expert at connecting with young ones.”


“Well aren’t you just a bundle of fun, Gilda?” Princess Cadence inquired as she finished bathing and diapering up the young griffon she’d been placed in charge of. “Guess I shouldn’t have doubted Celestia’s advice of being a foal sitter as I grew into my new wings. However, between you and Shining Armor’s little sister, I can see that it is helping me to see the power of love, care and understanding.”

Just then, Shining Armor entered into the guest room at the palace that was to be Gilda’s home until her month at Junior Speedsters came to an end. His purple coated baby sister riding upon his back, all snuggled up and with her eyes closed.

“I see you finally got Twily to take her nap?” Cadence asked the older unicorn.

“I did,” Shining Armor proudly replied. “I only had to walk around the castle four times for her to finally stop wanting to reach out to look at everything.”

Gilda waddled towards the new guest and the foal on his back. “Baby?” She asked.

Cadence smiled. “She’s about your age, Gildy,” Cadence cooed. “Maybe you both can become big girls together?”

“Gilly like that!” Gilda chirped before falling on her padded bottom. “No like diapers!”

Gilda’s loud proclamations woke the resting Twilight Sparkle. “Big bother,” The unicorn mumbled. “Need potty.”

Shining Armor grimaced as Cadence smiled, this would work perfectly for what she in mind. “Okay, Gildy,” She said to the griffon. “It’s time for your first lesson.”

As luck would have it, the guest room Gilda was to stay at was complete with its own private bathroom. There were a lot of very interesting things within it that drew her attention. However she was most drawn to the magical aura that Cadence used to help Twilight up onto the modified ‘pot’. It was much bigger than the ones in Griffonstone. It was gleaming white and was shaped like a bowl with a circle shaped seat. Connected to the back of the bowl was a very large tank, and attached to the upper left side was a strange, silver handle.

FWIP

The young griffon watched as the foal’s diaper was pulled down. Shortly after the sound of water trickling came as Twilight grew a big smile upon her face.

“I’m a big girl!” Twilight proudly declared. “I’ll show Moondancer who is best at potty for sure!”

Shining Armor laughed at his little sister’s statement. “Remember, Twily,” He advised while using his magic to help her to wash her little hooves while he used a wipe to get those areas Twilight was just not ready to clean on her own. “It’s not a competition. Everypony learns at their own pace, and it doesn’t matter how long it takes to master it. Treating it like a competition is just going to lead to problems like it did for your third birthday party.”

Cadence, however, smiled and used her magic to put Twilight back into her diaper. “Keep this up, Twilight,” She cheered. “And you may get three golden suns in a row on your chart.”

Twilight cooed as she clapped her hooves together. “Yay!” She squealed. “I’ll master the potty quicker than B.B.B.F.F did!”

Shining blushed. “Mom and Dad seem to think encouraging her to be fully out of diapers before I was is as an incentive to her,” He sighed. “At least it motivates her, though the books she gets to read at home every time she sits on the potty probably help.”

Cadence blushed even as she felt a connection to Twilight’s older brother. She didn’t remember too much of her own training, but she did know that she had been what was considered a late bloomer. “Well,” She assured the stallion. “You did say it’s not a contest. And what harm is it to give little Twily more reason to get out of those diapers?”

Shining was about to say something when Gilda started to try and flutter up to the toilet.

“Gilly try!” She proclaimed. “Gilly be big like pony!”

Cadence giggled as she could tell Shining Armor was a bit frustrated over how he had lost her full attention. “Okay, Gildy,” Cadence enocuraged while placing the young griffon on top of the modified toilet seat. “Just sit down and relax. Don’t move around too much or you’ll fall in.”

FWIP

Gilda shivered as the warmth her diaper had created against her feathers had gone away. However this also caused her to open the floodgates and make the exact same sounds she heard Twilight do that earned the foal such praise.

“Wow, Gildy!” Cadence merrily clapped. “You’re taking to this like a pro!”

The brown feathered griffon beamed with pride. “Gilly do good?” She asked.

Cadence took care of helping the griffon wash and clean up. “You sure did,” She added. “Now just let a big pony know when you feel like something wants to come out of you, and we’ll have you out of those diapers super-duper quick!”

“Don’t forget to flush!” Twilight added. “It makes everything you do in the potty go away, the grown-up anyways.”

“Thanks for reminding me, Twilight,” Cadence nodded and turned to Gilda. “Bet you’re wondering why the potty makes those strange noises you’ve sometimes heard.”

Gilda nodded. “Gilly do!”

Cadence gestured to the silver handle. “When you’re all done using the potty, you or somepony else pushes that down and it starts the flush cycle,” She floated Gilda close to the handle while making sure her magical grip wouldn’t loosen. “Go ahead, try it!”

The young griffon did so with great curiosity! It took her a moment to get a good grip on the handle and push it down.

“Fwoosh!” The toilet roared as Gilda’s eyes were drawn to the waters down in the bowl. The little griffon couldn’t take her eyes off the swirling waters as they turned into a surging, draining whirlpool. In the blink of an eye they retreated down the bowl and disappeared. The water then returned, now sparkling clean.

Gilda was amazed! “Flushing cool!”

“Yeah, it really is. But you gotta be careful what you flush,” Twilight warned. “If you don’t the potty sometimes doesn’t flush right and clogs up. All I know is that when that happens a big pony has to clean it up, and they don’t seem very happy to do so.”

Gilda gulped, loosely remembering all the times “Papa” had given her more than an earful for going to the bathroom on his floors and not the pot. She didn’t want anything like that to happen while she was at Junior Speedsters, so she decided then and there to take Twilight’s warning to heart.


Gilda’s first week was split between Junior Speedsters and working with Princess Cadence on learning some friendship fundamentals, all while perfecting her ability to use the potty like a ‘big griff’. This made Gilda very excited, but at the same time she felt very out of place amongst the other Junior Speedsters. Especially since many of them teased her relentlessly.

However this all changed when all Gilda had been taught came to fruition upon meeting the cyan colored Junior Speedsters’ star student, Rainbow Dash.

Eventually, Gilda acquired her freedom in the skies along with freedom from diapers both day and night. She was so proud and so happy and could hardly wait to return to Griffonstone to share all the wonderful things she had learned!

Unfortunately, a newly appointed ‘Papa Gruff’ was not at all pleased to see the griff who caused him to become the town patron. He forbid any other griffs from going to Junior Speedsters and assured Gilda that her namby-pamby pony teaching would get her nowhere. And just like that much progress was lost.

Well, not all the progress as Gilda no longer needed a diaper. And for her, that would be something that not even grumpy Papa Gruff could take away from her.

PreviousChapters Next