• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,526 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,526

PreviousChapters Next
Bein' Big is All It Takes (Cutie Mark Crusaders)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Comedy]
Characters: [Cutie Mark Crusaders] [Flurry Heart] [Twilight Sparkle]
Written By: RalphKennedy756
Note: An indirect continuation of “Flurry Heart’s Potty Pals”, RalphKennedy wanted to do something with the CMC so I decided to credit him with writing.

Twilight’s detour to Sugarcube Corner had worked as intended in terms of getting her niece to finally start using her potty instead of diapers, despite the unintended setback with both she and Pinkie Pie became Flurry Heart’s potty pals. Still, she had to get back to her castle just to make sure she hadn’t forgotten any of Flurry’s supplies.

As fate would have it, the Cutie Mark Crusaders happened to be at Twilight’s castle and were there to greet her when she trotted in with her niece in tow. It seemed like Twilight was subconsciously checking her surroundings, as if she feared being exposed for something. But the Crusaders didn’t know what. “Oh, hello girls,” She greeted in what sounded like an exhausted tone of voice. It was possible to notice her slightly frazzled mane and overall appearance. “What are you doing here?”

Scootaloo was the first to speak up. “Well, Apple Bloom’s been working on her potions but she needed to pick up some ingredients. And we’re kind of not allowed into Zecora’s hut after what happened last time.”

Sweetie Belle seemed to be trying hard not to blush. “I swear it wasn't my fault. I followed all the instructions.”

Apple Bloom commented. “We came here about an hour ago or so, but ya weren’t around. We saw the letter about ya bein’ at Sugarcube Corner, but before we could get over Shinin’ Armor and Cadence came by and told us they’d handle it themselves,” And she then asked. “So, what the hay happened over there?”

With Flurry Heart still clinging to her mane, Twilight calmly answered. “It’s complicated, and I don’t think I need to go into details. Potty training is a delicate subject, you understand. All you need to know is that Flurry Heart’s potty rebel days are now firmly behind her. Isn’t that right, Flurry?” She used her magic to pull her niece close and blow a raspberry.

Flurry giggled. “Yah, gonna be wike Auntie Twiwy. Espeicawwy since she-”

Twilight quickly intervened to keep Flurry from speaking up further. Sometimes she was a little chatterbox, and at other times she never said a word. It seemed like the events at Sugarcube Corner had left her in a talkative state. “-Anyway,” Twilight cleared her throat quite audibly. “I was just coming by to make sure I didn’t leave any of Flurry’s supplies behind when I took her to Sugarcube Corner. But I’d be more than happy to give you a topping off on your potions ingredients, Apple Bloom. So long as you’re making sure to follow all the guidelines and not try anything too advanced.”

But as Twilight moved to set Flurry Heart down, the Crusaders happened to look at the little alicorn and got an idea. They’d been feeling kind of bored, and seeing Flurry had made them curious. They remembered the time they’d tried getting foalsitting cutie marks by watching the Cake Twins, and the less said about that ordeal the better. Flurry, however, despite being an alicorn was an older foal. And they hoped she’d be less of a hoofful.

Sweetie was the first to make the offer. “Actually, Twilight, could we maybe foalsit Flurry Heart for a little while? You probably haven’t been able to do any of the countless other things you wanted to do today.”

The young alicorn was understandably hesitant given the CMC’s prior track record. “Well… I don’t know. Flurry isn’t your typical foal. She even surprises me sometimes.”

“Please?” All three Crusaders pleaded all at once. And they all collectively gave Twilight the best pairs of pleading, puppy dog eyes and smiles that they could manage.

Twilight really wanted to say no, but the way the three fillies looked at her seemed to stir something deep inside her. Especially since she still felt bad for having ended the Twilight Time sessions with them after her old home was destroyed. True, there wasn’t much left that she could teach them to justify continuing the lessons, but it still felt like she hadn’t done much for them since that time. So she reluctantly caved. “Well. I did have some errands that I was gonna do tomorrow. But if you three can keep Flurry here under control, I suppose I can do them,” Then she proposed. “Do you three think you could also take over for me as one of her potty pals? She seems to make more of an effort in her training if she has such a pal.”

“I gets thwee potty pals?” Flurry Heart blinked as she looked up at her Auntie Twily.

Twilight nodded at her young charge. “As long as they agree to it,” And she asked the Crusaders. “I can trust you to supervise her and keep her out of trouble in the bathroom, right? You all more or less remember your own potty training, don’t you?”

“Yeah, I do. And I remember how much I was motivated to learn by havin’ a big sister to look up to.” Apple Bloom declared.

Sweetie Belle nodded. “Me too, though Rarity not so secretly pushed to train me sooner than my parents would’ve. But I feel like if she didn’t I’d have never gotten out of diapers.”

Scootaloo was slow to respond and her posture seemed to convey how unsure she was. “My parents did teach me a little when they were around more often, and both my aunts were pretty good at helping me learn: Especially Aunt Holiday.”

“Good,” Twilight beamed. “I’ll just pop back to Sugarcube Corner really quick to pick up the supplies.”

“Why not send Spike to do it?” Sweetie suggested.

“He’s away for a week in the Dragon Lands. I kind of forgot I’d promise Ember months in advance that I’d pay her a visit to swap information and deliver a progress report on Smolder.” Twilight admitted, before teleporting away with Flurry in tow.


Both alicorns returned a short time later, though the unusually cautious way with which Twilight was conducting herself still seemed off for lack of a better term. Twilight, for her part, was quick to deposit a pink plastic training potty into the hooves of the CMC. “Here’s Flurry’s potty chair. A throne fit for a little princess like her. It’s been cleaned, and it shouldn’t take much to clean it out if she uses it again. Obviously she’s not quite ready for the big potty yet,” Then she deposited a few packages of diapers. “Just in case of any accidents. You shouldn’t need them or the changing supplies though. You’ll be good for the Cutie Mark Crusaders while I’m gone, won’t you, Flurry? You wouldn’t want to make your Auntie Twily upset now would you?”

Flurry giggled and shook her head. “Nu-uh, no wanna make Auntie Twiwy upset. Auntie Twiwy the best!”

Twilight just smiled, patting her young niece on the forehead. “Okay then, I’ll be back soon. Remember to let the Crusaders know if you need your potty.” Then she teleported away again, leaving Flurry alone with the Crusaders.

Sweetie Belle quickly picked up the training potty with her magic. “I’ll go get this set up in the bathroom. I’m thinking we don’t need to make Flurry sit on it just yet.”

“Yeah,” Apple Bloom agreed. “She probably already went when she was at Sugarcube Corner. She might even be ready to ditch the diapers and go bottomless.”

“I’m not cleaning up any messes she leaves behind.” Scootaloo protested. “The diaper stays on until we’re absolutely sure she doesn’t need it. I mean, none of you got out of diapers the first time you successfully made it to the potty, right?”

“Actually I did.” Apple Bloom shamelessly bragged.

“Not everypony has the advantage of living on a farm where they can go wherever they want if they really have to,” Sweetie protested from afar. “If I ever thought of doing that, Rarity would disown me on the spot! And I think even Mom and Dad would say they raised me better than that.”

Scootaloo just replied. “I was kind of a potty rebel in my younger days. My parents had to start enforcing mandatory potty times, and even then it took my aunts to really make it stick. Heck, even after that I was kind of a little stinker from what my Auntie Lofty tells me,” When the other Crusaders shot her looks she was quick to retort. “Don’t ask, you really don’t wanna know what I did. I feel ashamed just thinking about it.”

“Let’s just hope little Flurry here ain’t as big a stinker, figuratively and literally,” Apple Bloom commented. “Even on a farm there are some smells ya never get used to.”

“Well, everything’s in place.” Sweetie Belle announced, rejoined her friends a mere moment later. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the open bathroom door, and the pink potty that rested near the toilet. “So now we just play the waiting game until she has to go, or until Twilight gets back.”

Flurry, however, had a different idea in mind as she lit up her horn. She remembered how the “potty pals” thing had worked out with Twilight and Pinkie Pie, and her little mind was convinced that it had to be repeated to the letter for her new caretakers. Overpowering them with her magic was much easier than it was overpowering full grown ponies, but it still took a lot of magic out of her and she was clearly straining.

“Hey!” Apple Bloom squeaked in shock and surprise as she felt her entire body be encased in magic. “I can’t move!”

“I can’t either!” Scootaloo squirmed as she flapped her wings in vain!

Sweetie joined the chorus after trying to light up her own horn, only to find that she lacked the magical strength to overpower a toddler alicorn’s magic surge. “I’m sorry. If only my magic were as strong as Twilight’s, or maybe even just Rarity’s.”

Flurry just proceeded to use what magic she still had in her to pull out a package that had apparently been picked up by mistake. They were not the usual foal brand of diapers, they were Silly Filly nighttime diapers. That meant they were thicker than usual, and meant for bigger foals.

“Flurry, what’s the big idea? We don’t need diapers!” Scootaloo protested. “I don’t even wet the bed that much anymore.”

“Wait, you still wet the bed?” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom both asked at the same time.

Before Scootaloo had a chance to answer, all three fillies (having been distracted by the slip of the tongue) felt the thick diapers be slipped onto their rumps. Then Flurry’s magical hold faded and they all plopped onto their newly padded rears.


It was difficult for the trio of padded ponies to pick themselves up. Scootaloo was the first to manage, though. And she did it without using her wings which was quite a surprise to her fellow Crusaders as they slowly got to their hooves. “So, what was that about you wetting the bed?” Sweetie asked her friend. “Is that why you’ve been so hesitant to host sleepovers?”

“And why ya always seem to take so long to get setup durin’ the ones we do have?” Apple Bloom questioned.

Scootaloo reluctantly sighed as she confessed. “It kind of comes and goes, really. Sometimes I’ll go weeks without a problem, and other times I’ll start waking up wet. The doctors think it might be stress related, but they don’t think there’s anything wrong with me. However, Aunt Holiday was quite insistent that I start wearing ‘protection’ as she put it so she wouldn’t have to keep washing the sheets all the time,” Then she looked at her padding. “This is actually kind of similar to what I normally wear when the issues start happening. After a while, you start to get used to the thickness.”

“Well, let’s just take them off! I ain’t gonna be caught dead in these things!” Apple Bloom firmly protested and tried to take off her diaper. But for some reason her hooves just kept slipping, and every tug only felt like her padding was glued on.

Even Sweetie Belle’s magic didn’t seem to have any effect on the tabs holding up her diaper. “Maybe Flurry really wants us to be her new potty pals!” She suggested.

“Flurry Heart, what did you do?” Scootaloo demanded the young alicorn.

“Me make you potty pals,” Flurry confessed. “Potty pals have to wear diapees, only I awwowed to take tem off.”

“Well, can you take them off us now, please?” Apple Bloom politely asked. “Some of us would rather not have to wear these.”

Flurry Heart shook her head. “Ya gots to keep tem on untiw ya can go potty without having accidents. Pwus, I use wots of magic to put tem on ya, and I need time to regain magic to take tem off,” She whimpered a bit. “I sowwy, I thoughts it be fun.”

“Diapering other ponies without their permission may be fun for you, but it certainly isn’t fun for them,” Scootaloo scolded. “Please don’t do it again, young filly. One of these days you could get into real trouble doing it.”

Flurry nodded, and then dug out a few bottles from a nearby saddle bag. “Ya wants to pway with me untiw ten? Milkies awways make ya have to go potty.” Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle exchanged nervous glances at each other

“Ya know what?” Apple Bloom spoke up. “I’m kinda thirsty and milk actually does sound pretty good right about now, even if it’s in a baby bottle. Nothin’ beats thirst quite like milk, especially when it’s chocolate milk.”

“Oh, what the hay, I guess a bottle of milk won’t be too bad.” Sweetie responded as she waddled closer to the farm filly.

“Guess I’ll have one too, if only so potty time gets here sooner and the diapers come off.” Scootaloo insisted. Much as she might not be bothered by wearing them, she didn’t exactly wanna stay in them any longer than she needed to.


With a little help from Flurry Heart, the Cutie Mark Crusaders were able to prepare four bottles of fresh milk. One for Flurry, and one for each of the trio of fillies.

But Flurry wasn’t content with just bottles of milk. Her stomach started to rumble as the bottles were prepared, so she used a little bit of magic she had left to float over some jars of foal food (thankfully they were not Mashed Peas).

This time, it was Sweetie Belle who was the first to agree to the idea. “I remember the Cakes once saying something about foals having sensitive taste buds. Besides, this way we won’t make a mess trying to make our own meals.”

“Fine. At least the milk will help wash out the taste.” Scootaloo reluctantly agreed.

Apple Bloom agreed as well. “So long as I get to feed myself, I’ll put up with it. But only for Flurry Heart’s sake,” And she told the young alicorn. “Remember, you’re takin’ these diapers off us as soon as we have to go potty. And you’d better be willin’ to sit on your own potty for as long as we tell you to.”

Flurry giggled, but nodded in agreement. “Otay, now hewp me tie my bib so I dun make a mess on my coat. Is not my bath night tonight, so I dun wanna take a bath if I dun have to.”

So it was that the Crusaders reluctantly ate foal food and drank milk from baby bottles as they were forced to waddle about the castle in thick Silly Filly nighttime brand diapers. They were all thinking the same thing as they did it. “Flurry Heart has the strangest idea of what a ‘potty pal’ should be. No wonder Twilight looked so worn out.

Potty time eventually arrived for the Crusaders, and they all immediately rushed to the bathroom with Flurry in tow. “Alright, Flurry, help us get these diapers off and then watch how the pros go potty!” Scootaloo proudly boasted!

“Why should you go first?” Apple Bloom whined! “I gotta go more badly than you!”

Sweetie Belle whined as her face started to turn red! “I really gotta go so badly! I don’t think I can hold it in much longer! So can you just please get my diaper off?”

Suddenly a clever idea made its way into Flurry’s head. “I know what to do!” She called out as she lit up her horn. But instead of focusing on the diapers, she turned her gaze to her training potty and hit it with her horn. In a poof of magic, two training potties appeared between hers (one of them was yellow while the other was white). “Thewe!” She giggled. “Now we each gets a potty! One of you can use big potty.”

“Let me use the toilet,” Scootaloo whispered to her friends. “I’m the bravest between us after all. Also I think that Flurry would like to see the best part about using it.” Her friends nodded in agreement.

Apple Bloom then turned her attention to the alicorn filly. “Okay Flurry, can ya please take our diapers off for us?” She asked.

Flurry turned her attention to the diapers. Unfortunately though, her duplication spell had depleted most of the magic she had been holding onto and she only had enough in her to pull the diapers down halfway. “Sowwy, I guess I too good at putting diapees on ponies.” Each of the Crusaders were too desperate to really focus on that problem.

As Scootaloo made her way up onto the toilet seat, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle rushed over to the first training potty they could claim for themselves, and sat Flurry on the one left over. They breathed sighs of relief once they were able to sit down and let nature take its course. Though emptying out and cleaning out each potty afterward was more of a hassle compared to when they only had one to worry about. Still, they managed, somehow.

Once they were all finished and had been cleaned, Scootaloo spoke to Flurry Heart. “Do you know the best part about using the big potty?’” She asked as the training potties were emptied out into the toilet. The young alicorn filly shook her head.

“Okay, Scootaloo, you can show Flurry how the big potty works!” Apple Bloom told Scootaloo.

Upon hearing her earth pony friend, the orange colored pegasus reached out a hoof and grabbed the silver handle attached to the tank of the toilet. “Ready?” She questioned Flurry Heart who nodded her head. “Watch this!” Scootaloo excitedly declared as she pressed down the handle!

A very loud roar hit Flurry’s ears as she looked down. She saw that the water in the bowl was spinning rapidly around and around. Suddenly, it turned into a super dizzying whirlpool! The filly’s eyes then grew wide as she watched all the water swirl down a hole at the bottom of the bowl and disappear! A couple seconds later it returned, except this time it was crystal clear. The young alicorn couldn’t help but giggle loudly.

She did stop when Scootaloo cleared her throat. “Now Flurry, the big potty is not a toy!” She warned the filly with a serious look on her face. “So, do you promise us that you’ll be a good filly and will never play with the big potty?”

Flurry nodded. “Me promise to never play with big potty.” She told the Crusaders and then theyy all left the bathroom and went back to playing one of their silly but fun games.


Twilight returned to her castle sometime later, and was not as surprised as she probably should’ve been to see the Cutie Mark Crusaders clumsily waddling up to her in diapers that were obviously too thick and too big to really fit them properly. She seemed to be struggling to hold back a giggle, especially as her young niece came waddling up to her with a sort of embarrassed and ashamed look on her face. “So, how was it being Flurry Heart’s potty pals, girls?” She asked the Crusaders.

The three fillies sighed in exhaustion. “Well, you can see for yourself, can’t you?” Scootaloo commented. “Flurry diapered us, and practically made us have to do everything on her level. Still, it worked. She did a pee pee and a poo poo in her potty. We worked extra hard to clean it out afterward too.”

“And did any of you have any trouble going potty with those really thick diapers on?” Twilight asked them.

“A little bit, but Flurry was a big help in gettin’ them off. Partially, anyway.” Apple Bloom admitted.

And Sweetie Belle then pleaded. “But can you please get us out of them? If this is what you have to put up with, I can see why you’ve been so… distracted.”

“‘Distracted’?” Twilight blinked, before realizing what the young unicorn before her was trying to say. “...Oh, yes, yes, of course!” And she quickly coughed into a hoof. “Well, if you’re absolutely sure you want out of them I should be able to remove them from you, so long as you hold still.”

The Crusaders all did so, though Scootaloo seemed to oddly hesitate at first for some reason. Still, with only a little bit of magical effort from Twilight the diapers were removed and poofed away.

Twilight then turned to Flurry Heart and cooed. “You’re getting to be such a big pony, Flurry Heart. You’ve already used your potty more today than you have at any point prior,” And she wiped a lone tear from her eye. “Don’t grow up too fast now, you hear? I mean, you shouldn’t neglect your potty training. It’s not good to stay in diapers forever. But you’re only young once, and a childhood is a terrible thing to waste.”

Flurry nodded. “Uh-huh. But even when me get biggew, ya stiww gonna be my favowite auntie, Twiwy. And now I have thwee mowe aunties to pway with,” Looking at the Crusaders she asked them. “Ya gonna be my potty pals again? I not going back to Cwystaw Empiwe for a few days.”

“Well... , we’ll think about it,” Scootaloo told the young alicorn. “If we do though, it’s gonna have to be without the diapers and all the crazy foal stuff. It’s just too much.”

PreviousChapters Next