• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Blazing A New Path (Blaze)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Blaze] [Spitfire] [Stormy Flare]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: A continuation of the story from “‘Bolt Boot Camp”, “Flush Your Fears Away” and “Captain of the Potty”.

It really amazed Stormy Flare how quickly her daughter had mastered her potty training after attending that Junior Wonderbolts camp. Whereas before the camp Spitfire had struggled just to make it to the bathroom in time, now she was doing her number ones and number twos with the greatest of ease. She’d long since breezed right through the pull-ups stage, proving that she didn’t need them even at night like some ponies her age did.

And Spitfire was always happy to show off her “big pony privileges” and the bragging rights that came with it, particularly to Soarin and his new friends. She was often frequently coming over for playdates and sleepovers, always delighted with an opportunity to show just how much of a pottying pro she was and to serve as a role model to others. She wasn’t sure if all her new friends shared the same dream of being in the Wonderbolts as her (she only knew for sure that Soarin and Rainbow Dash wanted to join those elite flyers), but she was happy to help and hang out all the same.

Then one day, Stormy Flare had a surprise for her daughter. “Your cousin Blaze is going to be staying the weekend with us. You remember her, right?”

Spitfire nodded. She remembered Blaze as being the pony who looked so similar to her that the two were always being mistaken for one another. Even Stormy Flare herself sometimes had a hard time telling them apart.

Smiling upon seeing that her daughter did remember. Stormy Flare then told Spitfire. “I hope you’re not tired of being a role model, because Blaze is another little pony who could use your help. And I think you know what I mean by that.”

“She needs help learning how to go potty like a big pony, doesn’t she?” Spitfire guessed and received a confirming nod from her mother. She then buzzed her wings and puffed out her chest as she proudly proclaimed! “Don’t worry, Mom! Spitfire, Captain of the big pony potty, is always ready to help a foal in need! I’ll help Blaze see how much fun it is to use the potty.”

Stormy Flare’s smile grew brighter. “Splendid,” And she let out a chuckle. “You’re really getting into that whole ‘captain’ role Rainbow Dash gave you, aren’t you? To think, just a few months ago you didn’t even know what the big pony potty really was or what potty training involved,” Then she wiped a tear from her eyes. “Oh, if only your father were here to see this. You’re growing up so fast. It seems like only yesterday I was still changing your diapers.”

“Mom!” Spitfire blushed with embarrassment! “Please don’t act like that around Blaze, you’re gonna ruin my image!”

“Sorry, Spitfire,” The elder pegasus apologized. “I can’t help getting sentimental sometimes. I’ll try my best to keep it under control while Blaze is here.”


Blaze was dropped off a few days later, along with all of her “supplies” since she was still in diapers. She was worried that her cousin would judge her or look down on her because of that.

Spitfire did not, much to Blaze’s great internal relief. “Hey cousin!” She cheerfully greeted, seeming to pay no attention at all to what her fellow filly was wearing around her rump. “So good to see you again. It feels like it’s been forever.”

Blaze nodded. “Yeah, I know. I think it’s been at least half a year since that big family reunion.”

Spitfire then inquired. “So, how come I didn’t see you at that Junior Wonderbolts camp? It feels like everypony I’ve met and befriended since then attended that camp at one point or another. It really works wonders.”

Blaze just replied. “My parents didn’t think it was necessary. I’m really not that far along in my potty training and they don’t seem to be too concerned. My mom always says it’s best not to rush these things, everypony learns on their own time after all.”

Spitfire nodded back before she proclaimed. “Yeah, but you gotta get out of diapers sooner or later. Trust me, potty training’s not that hard once you get the hang of it. In fact, it’s loads of fun!”

Blaze questioned her fellow filly. “How’s that? I don’t see how it’s fun when you just sit around for age while the grown-ups wait for you to do something.”

Spitfire grinned as the little pegasus got an idea. “I know of something that can make it all worthwhile, something that’s so cool to see every time. Do you wanna see what it is?”

Uncertainly, Blaze responded. “Uh, yeah, I guess.“ If her cousin said it was fun then it probably was, her cousin never seemed to be wrong about anything.

‘Great!” Spitfire loudly declared! “And it’s a good thing too because I need to go!”

“You mean ‘go potty’?” Blaze guessed.

Spitfire nodded back. “Yup. I’ve gotten really good at learning when I have to go and when I don’t. Now come on, let’s go to the bathroom! My mom says it’s not good to hold things in when you have to go.”


The two pegasi darted across the house to the bathroom, soon making their way inside with Spitfire leading the way. Soon, she brought her cousin before a rather large, gleaming white bowl like object. “This is the big pony potty,” Spitfire told her cousin. “Grown-ups call it the toilet. And you can think of me as the captain of this great white throne.”

“Really? How is it a throne?” Blaze questioned as she looked around. “This doesn’t look like a palace, and I don’t see a princess anywhere.”

“Well, you sit it on like a princess sits on her throne,” Spitfire explained. “It’s a way for ponies to feel important, I guess.”

Blaze then inquired. “So, how are you gonna use it?”

Spitfire blushed a bit as she realized she’d forgotten one detail in her haste to both do her business and show her cousin how to potty like a big pony. “Well, there’s one thing I still can’t do that I need somepony’s help with,” And she then called out. “Mom, I need to go potty!”

A moment later, Stormy Flare came trotting in as she looked at her daughter. “Thank you for telling me,” And she then guessed. “Need some help getting the lid up?”

Reluctantly, Spitfire nodded. “Yeah. I’m not quite strong enough to do it myself, and you always put the lid back down afterward.”

“I don’t want any accidents,” Stormy Flare replied. “Besides, there’s nothing wrong with asking for help. Asking for help is a very big pony thing to do,” Then she trotted to the toilet and lifted up the lid with ease, exposing the seat and the inside of the bowl beneath it. “Do you want some help getting up on the seat?” She offered.

But the little filly shook her head in protest. “Nah! I can do that with ease!” And to Blaze she then declared. “Just watch!” She quickly flapped her wings and rose up, soon landing on the seat and adjusting herself so that her little legs were dangling to either side of the seat and her rump was positioned over the opening. Within seconds of her doing so, her floodgates opened and then her tail hiked up as she began to go.

Just as quickly as she had started, Spitfire finished and felt greatly relieved. “See, Blaze?” She boasted to her cousin. “Do it just like that. You don’t even need to use the big pony potty, it works the same way with a normal potty. But there’s one thing the big pony potty does that a normal potty can’t.”

“What’s that?” Blaze questioned.

Stormy Flare looked to her daughter with a knowing smile. “Just give me a moment to get Spitfire cleaned up and then you’ll see,” She proceeded to take some toilet paper and used it to wipe her daughter’s rump. Then she dumped the used rolls into the toilet bowl before giving her daughter the go ahead. “You can take it from there, Spitfire. Just be careful.”

Spitfire brushed off her mother’s concern. “I’ll be fine, I’ve done this so many times and nothing bad’s ever happened,” Then she looked at Blaze. “Hey, why don’t you fly on up here so you can get a better view? Trust me, you won’t wanna miss this!”

“Okay.” Blaze obeyed, slowly flying up until she was level with Spitfire on the toilet seat.

Spitfire then flew over to the silver handle and with a great deal of effort managed to force it down.

Blaze suddenly heard a mighty roar ring out, and by chance she happened to glance down into the bowl. Her eyes witnessed a sight she had never seen before: Everything in the bowl was swirling and spinning around in some kind of whirlpool. Faster and faster it spun, until suddenly it retreated down a hole at the bottom! The water soon returned, sparkling clean.


“See? How cool is that?” Spitfire proclaimed as she flew down to her cousin. “It’s like witnessing a magic trick.”

“What was that?” Blaze wondered. “And where did everything go?”

Stormy Flare explained. “It’s called a flush, which is how the toilet empties itself out. As for where everything goes, I’m told it goes to the sewers and eventually to a special plant. I don’t know how it works though, and I imagine nopony except the ponies who work at that plant know.”

“So, do you wanna try it now?” Spitfire asked her cousin. “All you have to do is take off your diaper and sit down.”

Blaze seemed to hesitate as she looked down at herself for a bit. But then she declared. “I guess I’ll try. But I don’t know if I have to go. It feels like I do, but sometimes when I think I have to go I don’t. And when I don’t think I have to go I do.”

Stormy Flare just gently reassured Blaze (while helping her remove her diaper). “It’s alright, trying is what’s most important. When you do it often enough, you’ll start to learn when you do and don’t have to go,” Then she encouraged. “Go ahead, sit down and get comfortable. I’m right here if you need anything.”

Spitfire then flew down while adding. “Come on, Blaze! I know you can do it!”

The little filly slowly moved to sit down on the toilet seat, positioning herself in much the same way she’d seen Spitfire sit. And then she sat, and sat, and sat and sat some more. It didn’t feel like anything was going to happen at first. But all of a sudden, Blaze felt something move inside of her and the next thing she knew her tail was hiking upward. What followed was a series of plops and splashes, until finally she felt “empty” for lack of a better term.

Spitfire and Stormy Flare clapped their hooves in approval. “Well done, Blaze!” Stormy Flare encouraged!

“See? That wasn’t so hard, was it?” Spitfire questioned her cousin.

“No, I guess it wasn’t,” Blaze replied as she was wiped up by Stormy Flare. “So, now I just flush it all away?”

“Yeah!” Spitfire nodded! “And flushing’s the best part! Go ahead, flush it down!”

Blaze did so, watching as once again everything in the toilet became swept up in that whirlpool and soon vanished, with only the water returning (now sparkling clean once again).

“See, Blaze?” Spitfire said afterward as her cousin fluttered down from the toilet seat. “Using the big pony potty is easy and fun. You just do it like I do it, and soon you’ll be out of diapers just like I am.”

However, Blaze then confessed. “Well, actually, I kind of like my diapers. I mean, I know I can’t stay them in forever. But I don’t know if I’m ready to give up them forever just yet.”

Stormy Flare sought to reassure the filly. “You don’t have to give up your diapers just because you started potty training. There’s nothing wrong with staying in them until you’re a little older and get better about making it to the potty on time every time. But,” She added in a bit more serious a tone of voice. “You at least need to keep trying to do better, both while you’re here and when your parents come to pick you up.”

“Besides,” Spitfire added in a bit of a teasing tone of voice. “You can’t get into the Wonderbolts if you’re still wearing diapers. I don’t think they make flightsuits for big foals.”

“Okay, I guess I can at least start taking my potty training more seriously,” Blaze agreed. “But I’ll get out of diapers when I feel I’m darn good and ready, and not a moment sooner!”

Stormy Flare just thought in the back of her mind. “That may not be your decision to make, Blaze.” But she decided against saying it aloud.

PreviousChapters Next