• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,503 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,503

PreviousChapters Next
Flurry's Potty Pals (Flurry Heart)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Comedy] [Drama] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Flurry Heart] [Twilight Sparkle] [Pinkie Pie] [Princess Cadence] [Shining Armor]
Written By: RalphKennedy756
Note: Ralph proposed the idea of a collab involving Flurry Heart, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, so I decided to credit him here.

Flurry Heart’s parents had found themselves in a bit of a predicament regarding a very crucial step in her development. That is to say, they were absolutely clueless about how to potty train the young princess. The problem wasn’t so much that they didn’t know how to describe the process to her, both had been down that bumpy road before (multiple times in Cadence’s case). No, the problem was Flurry’s raw magical abilities and talent. As they had learned the hard way, trying to tell and teach their daughter to give up diapers and do all her business in a plastic bowl did not end smoothly.

They probably would’ve given up and held off for months or even a year if not for the intervention of Twilight, who had the “fortune” of discovering that her favorite niece was lagging behind her peers in a very crucial stage of foal development upon a visit to the Crystal Empire. “She has to learn how to use the potty sooner or later,” She’d told the parents. “Every book I’ve ever read on foalcare and development states that the significance of potty training cannot be understated. She has to graduate from diapers whether she wants to or not!”

So it was that the exhausted parents tasked Twilight with succeeding where they had so far failed. It helped that a trip to Ponyville for a couple of days would once again allow them to get away from the high demands of royalty that were placed upon them. Though they were understandably concerned about Twilight’s approach and methods. Hopefully she wouldn’t push too hard too fast, the last thing anyone wanted was for Flurry to grow to hate the whole experience.

Now, Flurry loved her Auntie Twily more than any of her other aunts. Auntie Twily was the pony she enjoyed being foalsat by the most after her parents. But she still didn’t exactly wanna cooperate on potty training. She loved her diapers! They were so comfy, and it wasn’t like she had to stop doing what she was doing when she had to go. If she gave them up she would lose that freedom. And thus she resisted all of her aunt’s attempts to get her to use her potty.

A rather frazzled Twilight grew more and more frustrated as she chased her still diapered niece around the castle. “Flurry, come on! I know you like your diapers, but you have to start using the potty!” She pleaded while trying to keep up with her niece. “Don’t you wanna be like your Auntie Twily and be a big pony? Big ponies use the potty.”

Flurry just giggled and stuck out her tongue. She loved making others chase after her, to her it was a game. She always loved seeing how long she could make them keep chasing her without them getting tired. And she knew her Auntie Twily could chase her for what felt like hours. But Twilight was one step ahead of the foal, teleporting in front of her and quickly enveloping her within the hold of her magic. “Phew, finally!” She sighed in relief, wiping the sweat from her brows. “Now, let’s adjourn to the bathroom and then we can…” But her sentence was cut off as she happened to sniff the air at that very moment. “No! She didn’t!” The young alicorn thought to herself.

Flurry Heart did feel kind of bad for making her Auntie Twily look so unhappy. Not enough to make her actually consider using the potty, mind you. But bad enough to lose any will to resist as she had her dirty diaper changed.

“That’s the fifth one today,” Twilight unhappily remarked to herself as she tossed the old diaper into the trash. “I didn’t think it would be this hard to get you potty trained, Flurry,” And she sat down in her throne in the throne room, still holding her niece close by with her magic. She put a hoof to her forehead and groaned. “I think I’m starting to see why your parents were so hesitant about this. I’m sure someday this will all be a fond memory we’ll look back on and laugh about, but for right now it’s giving me a headache.” The young heir to the crystal throne fluttered her tiny wings and flew over to her aunt, hugging her as if to say she was sorry.

Twilight sighed. “I’m sure you don’t mean to be a hoofful. And I can’t stay mad at you. But your attempts to cute your way out of this aren’t going to work,” Raising from her throne ever so slowly she declared. “Maybe my approach isn’t the right way to do it. Lucky, I know somepony who has plenty of recent experience with what you’re going through. Besides, I could use a pick me up.”


The two alicorns made their way to Sugarcube Corner.

Just like with Flurry’s last visit Pinkie Pie was currently managing the counter. “Heya, Twilight!” She cheerfully greeted her alicorn friend, fondly waving a hoof. “Wowie, you look beat!”

“Don’t I know it?” Twilight groaned anew. “I’ve been trying to get Flurry Heart to use her potty all day long, but she just doesn’t wanna listen. I’ve already gone through five diapers, maybe even more. And nothing I try seems to work.”

Pinkie grinned. “Oh, so you’ve got a little potty rebel on your hooves, is that it?”

“Potty rebel? Is that what they call a pony who refuses to potty train?” Twilight asked. “ I’ve never heard that phrase until now.”

Pinkie smiled as she rose from the counter and bounced over. “Well, that’s what a lot of ponies call it,” She said and then turned to Flurry Heart. “You got the potty training blues, huh? You don’t wanna give up your diapers for your new potty chair, is that right?” Flurry Heart babbled, giggled and cooed. But Pinkie seemed to get the message.

“You helped Mr. and Mrs. Cake potty train the twins, right?” Twilight asked her party planning friend as she suddenly remembered that little detail from not too long ago (how long had it been? A year? Maybe a year and a half?).

The party pony flashed a bright smile. “Yesarooni positooni! And lucky for you, I’ve still got the touch! If my methods could work for Pound and Pumpkin Cake, they’ll definitely work for this little trouble maker.”

“You think you can get her to give up her diapers?” Twilight hopefully asked. She didn’t even care that her friend would be succeeding where she had failed. Right now all that mattered was that Flurry finally graduated from the padded undergarments she’d worn for far longer than she should’ve.

“Trust me, my methods might be ‘out there’ for some ponies, but just ask the twins and they'll tell you how great they are!” Pinkie boasted! “And since you’re here this’ll be even better, because she’ll have two examples instead of just one!”

At that Twilight blinked. “What do you need me for?”

“Relax, everything will work out just fine,” Pinkie said as she pulled Twilight close. “Now here’s what we’re gonna do.”


A short time later, Flurry Heart was brought into the bathroom that the twins often frequented (as it was not far from their nursery), Twilight carrying the training potty with her magic. “You sure this is gonna work, Pinkie?” She asked her friend.

“Totally!” Pinkie nodded her head. “Just do as I say and soon you’ll marvel at how easy it all was. Now, where’s the little one?”

Twilight used her magic to set the training potty on the bathroom floor, and floated Flurry Heart forward and set her down as well. “She’s right here,” She promptly lit up her horn and again used her magic, this time to close the bathroom door. “Just for good measure.” At this point, the young alicorn wasn’t taking any chances. Even if her niece could probably just teleport out of the bathroom, locking the door at least rendered one escape option impossible and drastically reduced the possibility of a runaway. Twilight was pretty good at tracking down Flurry’s location when she did teleport.

“Okie dokie, we’re all set!” Pinkie grinned. “I’ll go first! Watch a pro in action!” She trotted over to Flurry Heart and lowered herself to be eye to eye with the diaper wearing princess. “Hey there, Flurry Heart! Your Auntie Pinkie Pie is here to teach you all about the potty. And she’s brought your Auntie Twily along for good measure. So, are you ready to see how learning about the potty can be fun and easy?”

Flurry babbled, cooed and clapped her hooves. It seemed she was ready to learn, which was a promising first sign for Twilight since she had never been able to generate that kind of level of enthusiasm in any of her approaches.

“Right then, let’s begin,” Pinkie declared in her best instructor tone possible. “We’ll start by taking off your diaper. You’re not gonna need it anymore if you’re going to use the potty.” She was able to slip the diaper off the foal, largely because the foal’s eyes were drawn to something that was sticking out of one of the bathroom cupboards. Though neither grown-up suspected it yet, the gears in the little princess’ brain were starting to turn. The pink party pony set the diaper down with ease and then gently ushered Flurry close to her potty. “Now, I want you to pay close attention to what your Auntie Twily does,” She instructed to Flurry. “She’s going to use the potty too. Except she’ll be using the grown-up potty, which we call the toilet.”

“What? Pinkie!” Twilight protested with a blush!

But Pinkie just nudged her friend close to the toilet. “You’re going to be Flurry Heart’s first potty pal! When she goes, you go. It’s as simple as that. After all, foals always want to be like those they look up to.”

“But I don’t…” Twilight began only to be silenced.

“Trust me, it’s all part of the experience! We take turns every time Flurry sits on her potty,” The party pony explained in as plain a tone as possible. “Just sitting on the toilet is enough, she’ll get the idea,” And then she turned back to Flurry Heart, watching as the foal was sitting down on her potty chair. “See? Just play along.”

So a rather embarrassed Twilight reluctantly sat on the toilet just as her niece was sitting on her potty. “Now you both just sit there until your Auntie Pinkie Pie says you can get up,” Pinkie cooed in an exaggerated tone of voice. “I’m thinking five minutes should be good for a first time.”


However, Flurry hadn’t been sitting for more than ten seconds when she got a rather mischievous idea. Lighting up her horn, she concentrated on the mysterious package she’d seen in the cupboard earlier. With a great deal of straining she was able to pull it out of its hiding place.

It was a package of Silly Filly nighttime brand diapers, which meant they were noticeably thicker than the usual brand. Pinkie blinked as she recognized the opened package. “Hey! Those are from the twins’ emergency nighttime stash! Those aren’t for you, Flurry Heart!” She protested with a glare and a growl. “Put them back, you diaper thief!”

But Flurry Heart just babbled something as her horn lit up and she floated a diaper out of the package. Soon she was holding it aloft with the soft glow of her horn. Twilight rose from the toilet at that very moment. “Flurry Heart, that’s quite enough!”

“Twilight, you’re not supposed to get up yet!” Pinkie protested. “It hasn’t been five minutes! You’re going to ruin the whole process!” She focused so much on this that she didn’t notice Flurry levitating the diaper preciously close to her hind quarters.

Twilight tried to intervene to stop what was coming! “Flurry, those diapers don’t belong on Pinkie Pie! You stop this right this instant, young filly!” She assertively declared. “Put those diapers back where you found them, and sit down on your potty, or you’ll get a time out!” Flurry’s only response was to light up her horn further and envelope a new diaper, all the while she was not so secretly putting the current one on Pinkie’s rump.

“I think she’s taking the whole ‘potty pals’ idea a little too far,” Pinkie ominously realized, struggling to try and get the rather thick diaper off of her. It felt like it was glued on for some reason. “Twilight, you’ve gotta stop her!”

Flurry, for her part, was just giggling and babbling the whole time. She then flew up, still holding the diaper she clearly intended to be for her other potty pal in her magic. Twilight tried to out maneuver her niece and put an end to this act of juvenile defiance, but unfortunately the bathroom was not exactly an ideal place to try and do so. Because the young alicorn focused so much on stopping Flurry, she failed to notice that she was on a collision course with the very same cupboard that the diapers had come from earlier. Even though she halted her flight, it was too late to stop her from bumping into it and hitting her head.

This momentary stun gave Flurry the chance she needed to slip a diaper onto her Auntie Twily in just as clumsily a fashion as she had with her Auntie Pinkie Pie. Like with Pinkie, Twilight found that it wouldn't come off. Somehow, Flurry’s magic had left it unable to be removed except by her. Twilight sighed as she slowly flew down, adjusting to the weight of the thick nighttime diaper strapped around her rump. “Well, Pinkie, I hate to admit but I think we’ve just been outsmarted by a two year old.” Flurry Heart simply smiled the same way she had when she had tried to help the Cake Twins on her first playdate with them. She’d take the diapers off the “grown-ups” later. But right now she wanted to have some fun with them.


Cadence and Shining Armor had no idea of what lay in store for them when they came to pick up Flurry Heart later that day, even after they discovered a note in Twilight’s castle informing them to go to Sugarcube Corner since she was “Taking Flurry Heart to visit her Auntie Pinkie Pie”.

“I hope Twilight didn’t run herself too ragged trying to potty train Flurry Heart,” Cadence nervously said to her husband as they trotted over to the bakery. “I think maybe we’re trying to rush into it too fast, even Sunburst says it’s not uncommon for most foals to still be in diapers by the time they’re three.”

Shining Armor shook his head. “Cadence, you know we have to set boundaries now if we don’t want Flurry Heart to grow up having us wrapped around her little hoof. Besides, Twilight will be just fine. She’s good with foals, and she’s well read.”

Cadence commented in response. “Still, I just don’t want her to push our daughter too hard. I know you had your… ‘issues’ with potty training, and Twilight took them as motivation to do better than you. But I don’t know if that’s the kind of approach we should be considering for Flurry.”

Shining just remarked. “As long as Flurry’s not crying and screaming for her diapers when we take her home, I think we’ll be okay,” And then he giggled. “It sure would be something if Twilight got her fully trained in one day. But that would be impossible, even for her. She may be good, but she’s not that good.” They entered through the front door of Sugarcube Corner a short time later, and what they saw was shocking to say the least!

Flurry Heart was still in her diapers, though the current one looked like it had been kind of sloppily put on. And close behind her in rather clumsy waddles were Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, both wearing thick nighttime diapers that clearly didn’t fit them. And both of them looked exhausted and frazzled, whereas Flurry seemed to have not tired out at all. Cadence and Shining stared for a moment, blinking and rubbing their eyes to be sure they weren’t imagining things before breaking out into fits of laughter that echoed through the ground floor.

“Boy, doesn’t this bring back memories?” Cadence commented.

Shining nodded as he wiped a tear from his eyes. “Yup. It’s just like Twily’s potty training days. Boy, were those something.”

Twilight eeped as she tried to block the padding from view! “Oh, y-you’re back! Goodness, where has the time gone?” She frantically exclaimed, hoping to maybe change the subject before it got to what was on her rump.

“Yeah, time sure does fly when you’re having fun, eh, Twily?” Shining teased.

Pinkie immediately burst out in protest! “It’s not what you think! We were trying to be Flurry Heart’s potty pals, but she ended up getting into the twins’ emergency nighttime diapers stash. We’ve tried everything, but it seems only she can take these diapers off.” Flurry Heart giggled as she fluttered towards her parents, her diaper nearly flying right off her in the process.

“The good news is, we were able to ‘adjust’ Pinkie’s potty pals strategy and it seemed to work,” Twilight explained to the parents. “She managed to do two pee-pees and one poo-poo. And she only had one accident. But we thought she could learn how to change herself since she knew how to put diapers on us.”

Pinkie just sighed. “I guess I should’ve seen this coming. Flurry Heart is way more chaotic than the twins. I swear, it’s like you fused the two of them into one pony.”

Cadence simply smiled as she embraced her daughter in her hooves. “Oh, that’s just precious. Seems you’ve had quite a day, haven’t you, my little angel?” Flurry babbled and cooed in delight, nuzzling into her mom’s embrace.

A frazzled Twilight, meanwhile, levitated over the training potty. “I just cleaned it out not that long ago. She actually had the least troubles out of all of us when it came to using the bathroom,” She explained in an embarrassed tone. “Asking the foal you’re supposed to be potty training for help is an experience I’ll never forget.”

“Speaking of which,” The princess of love spoke up as she eyed the two grown ponies in diapers. “Would you like some assistance getting out of those diapers? I can’t imagine they’re very comfortable.”

Shining teased anew. “Yeah! If you two are gonna be Flurry Heart’s potty pals again, you’re gonna need to get diapers that actually fit you!” And he, his wife, and his daughter all collectively giggled together. Even Twilight and Pinkie laughed, because it was really all they could do in such a situation. They could only hope that it would become a distant memory within time.

“Well, I guess maybe we could keep it up,” Pinkie commented after the laughter had died down. “At least for as long as it takes to get Flurry Heart here fully trained.”

“And if we stick to my carefully thought out and detailed plan, it should hopefully be about within half a year or so!” Twilight boasted. “Of course… there is the possibility of a few ‘bumps’ in the road.”

“We’ll see,” Cadence commented. “But for right now, I think you’ve both been Flurry’s potty pals for long enough today. And I think you’ve both more than proved you’re ready to graduate. So, who would like to be first to have their diaper removed?”


“Aren’t you forgetting something first, dear?” Shining not so secretly ribbed his wife.

Cadence blinked for a moment. “Huh, what do you mean-” Then it dawned on her as to what her husband was implying! “Oh, yes! How could I forget about this?”

Twilight just sighed, she had a good idea of what would come next. “Cadence, do we really need to be doing this?” She pleaded with her sister-in-law.

Cadence just winked. “Relax, it’ll only be one picture for the family album. No way am I gonna let this go to waste.”

Shining grinned. “Good thing we thought to bring a camera. Didn’t expect to be using it for this though,” He used his magic to place it in his wife’s hooves. “Okay, everypony. Say cheese!”

Twilight used her magic to reluctantly pull Pinkie and Flurry close to her, their diapers crinkling all at once as she did so. She forced her a smile onto her face while Pinkie and Flurry seemed to opt for natural smiles, and all three collectively said “Cheese!” (except for Flurry, who just babbled it).

The princess of love winked and cooed. “Great! Now we’ll all have something to remember this moment by!”

Just hope it’s not going to come out during family reunions.” Twilight thought to herself.

Even Pinkie Pie seemed a little bit embarrassed by the whole thing. “Not that this hasn’t been fun, but can we please get changed out of these diapers now? I’d rather not have to explain this to the Cakes when they get back.”

Shining nodded his head. “Well, since you cooperated and asked nicely, of course,” He turned to his wife. “Do you wanna take Twily, or should I? I know it’s been a long time since either of us have really had to change her diaper.” It was hard not to notice the raging blush forming on his little sister’s cheeks.

Cadence was quick to declare. “Well, you always act like more of a big kid at heart. Besides, you and Twilight had that sibling supreme squabble a while back. I haven’t had any quality time with her for a lot longer.”

“Okay,” Shining nodded in agreement. “Come on, Pinkie. You come with me. And bring Flurry Heart with you.”

So the two padded friends were led away to finally have their thick diapers removed. Suffice it to say that today had been an experience they wouldn’t soon forget. However, when Cadence “changed” Twilight a short time later, she ended up slipping on another diaper for her fellow alicorn. “Don’t worry, this’ll only be until I can see for myself that Pinkie’s potty pals method works,” She said with a grin. “I can cast a spell to cover up the diaper if you go out in public, no one would ever know but us.”

Twilight sighed. “Do I really have to? I thought I had everything under control despite my earlier setbacks.”

The princess of love just chuckled. “I have a feeling Shining Armor’s already doing the same thing with Pinkie Pie. We’re not going back to the Crystal Empire just yet. You did say to give you a few days for your crash course after all.”

PreviousChapters Next