• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Swirls of Silver (Silver Zoom)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Drama]
Characters: [Silver Zoom] [Nightjar] [Zipporwhill]
Written By: inexforte
Note: inexforte asked for a part 2 to “The Whill That Went For A Whirl”, this is thus a continuation and indirect prequel to it.

Silver Zoom hadn’t been expecting to be called into action to rescue somepony. It was his day off from the Wonderbolts, and per the advice of the recently promoted to captain Spitfire he’d decided to spend it in Ponyville because as she’d put it: “There’s always something happening.”, which Silver Zoom had taken to mean he wouldn’t attract any major attention.

However, as the stallion and off-duty Wonderbolt was strolling through town with only his thoughts for company, he was suddenly surprised to see a frightened earth pony stallion come rushing right up to him. And this stallion looked like he was about to die of fright given how wide his eyes seemed to have become!

“Please, you have to help me!” The frightened stallion pleaded without even bothering to say he was sorry. “My daughter’s in danger! Oh, why didn’t I do something sooner to save her?!”

“Sir, please calm down,” Silver Zoom instructed to his unexpected guest. He could recall from his academy training that in any emergency, the most important thing one could do was to remain calm. “What seems to be the problem, and how can I help you?”

The earth pony stallion reluctantly paused to take a few deep breaths, before he explained. “My name is Nightjar. My daughter, Zipporwhill, accidentally flushed herself down the toilet while I was trying to potty train her. And now, I don’t know where she is but I just know she’s in danger! You have to help me rescue her before it’s too late!”

Silver Zoom immediately lept into action! “She’s probably in the sewers by now,” And he rose to his hooves as he then inquired. “Where’s the nearest drain pipe or pony hole cover?”

“I… I think there’s one near the schoolhouse, and another near Sugarcube Corner.” Nightjar commented in uncertainty.

Silver quickly scanned his surroundings, realizing that he was closer to the bakery than the school. And by luck, he spotted a covering of some sort nearby. He raced over to it with Nightjar following close behind! With all the strength he had, Silver lifted the covering and peered down into the darkness below. “Is anypony there?!” He called. “Yell if you can hear me!”

Within seconds, a garbled cry for help coming from a high pitched voice could be heard. Where exactly was impossible to determine, but it had to be somewhere down in the opened part of the sewer.

“Everypony, stand back!” Silver Zoom instructed as without hesitation he unfolded his wings and flew down for a closer inspection! A small crowd began to gather around the opening, many ponies curious as to what was going on.

Silver returned just a few seconds later holding a clearly waterlogged pegasus filly in his hooves. He set her gently upon the ground.

Nightjar recognized the filly at once and rushed over to her!” Zipporwhill!” He happily exclaimed, relieved to see that she was unharmed.

“Daddy!” Zipporwhill exclaimed in reply, ignoring her soaking wet state and the powerful stench surrounding her as she rushed up to hug her father. “Nice stallion save me!”

Nightjar smiled and nodded. “Yes. It was very fortunate for us both that he showed up when he did. We’ll both have to be more careful around that flush lavatory so that this doesn’t happen again,” Then he turned to the stallion to whom he owed so much. “Thank you for saving my daughter! What do I owe you?”

The off duty Wonderbolt blushed and tried to play it off. “Nothing. I’m just glad I could help. Although, if you like I’d be happy to give you a hoof cleaning her up. I’m pretty good with foals.”

Zipporwhill just smiled. “You so amazing!” She told Silver Zoom. “You not afraid of anything. Me wanna be just like you when me grow up.” And that prompted some awws from the crowd.

Nightjar simply replied. “Well, my little Zippor, if you want to be like that stallion you’re gonna have to learn how to use the potty properly.”

“I try, Father,” Zipporwhill promised despite the setback she’d suffered. “I wanna get it right.”

“Well,” Nightjar reluctantly decided. “Maybe we can wait until you’re a little bit older before we try again. I don’t think I can take another scare like this. Besides, you’re still pretty young. I shouldn’t be trying to rush you into things before you’re ready.”

Silver could only think to himself upon hearing Nightjar’s conversation with his daughter. “If only I’d been so lucky with my potty training. But my parents insisted on making me give up my diapers as soon as possible.” And he started to recall his own experiences during that fateful period of transition for so many a young one. One memory in particular really stood out to him.


Growing up in one of the richest families in Cloudsdale, Silver Zoom had learned from an early age that he would have access to the latest (and often “greatest”) in all sorts of things. Foalcare was no exception, he would ultimately become one of the first foals in all of Equestria to wear these new things called “pull-ups”. They were basically like diapers only not as absorbent (a fact little Silver had learned the hard way).

But another new development that occurred within Silver’s youth involved the way in which ponies answered the call of nature. Although it was still highly experimental and very expensive, his parents had seen fit to purchase a toilet to install in ther home. And not just any toilet, but the first ever throne model after the prototype had been successfully tested. Only a few nobles in Canterlot and those who sought to imitate them (and had the means to do so) were able to acquire similar models.

Silver Zoom didn’t know much about this toilet when it was installed. But his first direct experience with it was one that he would never forget.

One day, by chance, the little colt had wandered into the bathroom after hearing a strange sound coming from it. He’d arrived not long after his father had left, which meant he would be free to explore the bathroom to his heart’s content in the hopes of figuring out what had made that most unusual noise. Soon, he was coming close to the toilet in all its gleaming white majesty. He wasn’t sure why it was called a throne model, it didn’t look like any kind of throne he’d seen. Maybe that was just the grown-ups trying to sound fancy.

Silver flapped his wings and flew up onto the seat that had been left down. Standing on the seat, he gazed down as best he could into the interior of the toilet. It had a bowl like shape to it and was filled with water, it looked almost like a mirror with how smooth and reflective the waters were. And the only other things the little pegasus had seen water inside of were sinks and bathtubs. He knew the toilet was too big to be a sink, so that meant it had to be a tub of some kind.

The pegasus colt carefully jumped down into the bowl, splashing about with the water that he didn’t have to worry about splashing onto the floor due to the large sides of the bowl. He continued to splash about for a little bit, before his mind started to wonder about the strange noise he’d been trying to figure out. By chance, that was when he looked up and happened to spot something out of the corner of his little eyes. He flew back up for a closer inspection: The object that had caught his attention was a long, gleaming silver like device.

This probably turns on the bubbles or something,” Silver Zoom thought to himself as he eyed the device. “I love bubble baths.” And without hesitation, he pressed the device down and then, without waiting to see what would happen he jumped back into the toilet bowl.

Now that strange noise from before reached the young colt’s ears. And as it grew louder, he suddenly felt something began to move or someone: Himself! He started to spin around and around as the water seemed to circle around him, almost like it was pulling him! He spun faster and faster by the second as the noise reached a deafening crescendo, now unable to see straight! Then, before he really realized it, he was pulled down the bowl and through a hole at the bottom of the toilet! Soon, he was rushing and tumbling through cold metal pipes.

It would only be once Silver Zoom was fished out from a drain pipe by his father that he would realize his mistake. He had flushed the toilet with himself in it, something he wasn’t supposed to do. For his troubles he earned a free bath and a long time out. Yet there would never be even a thought of putting off him be trained in how to properly use a toilet, his father would personally see to it that every trip to the almighty porcelain throne was carefully supervised until Silver could be trusted to know what to do and what not to do.

PreviousChapters Next