• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,507 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,507

PreviousChapters Next
From Foal to Fiend (Cozy Glow)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Tragedy] [Slice Of Life] [Drama]
Characters: [Cozy Glow] [OC]
Written By: Yosh E-O

“She’s getting to be that age.” A worried mare said to her husband.

“I know,” The stallion replied with reluctance. “But it covers the ‘you know what’.”

The orange-eyed pegasus mare looked to her daughter. She was so innocent and adorable, just babbling on about how she was ‘best pony’ and how ‘everypony loves me because I’m so cute!’

“Shucks,” The pegasus father with purple eyes stated. “She’s just so gosh-darn cute! If only she didn’t have that ‘mark’.”

The velvet coated pegasus mare sighed. “I just knew something was wrong,” She remarked to her orange-coated husband. “That’s why I thought it best we find a simple place outside of Ponyville in the event bringing Cozy into the world may not go as well as it’s supposed to.” Tears started to form in her eyes as she watched her daughter continue to talk merrily about how she was going to always be loved and be best pony, and how Mom and Dad said she was special and how she’d have everything she ever wanted.

“It’s not your fault,” The stallion assured his wife while putting a wing around her. “She may be ‘different’ but she’s as cute as a button.”

“Momma,” Cozy greeted as her scarlet-colored eyes looked up towards her parents while she shuffled over to them. “Dada.”

Mrs. Glow quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and bent down to face her daughter. “Yes, Cozy?” She asked. “What can I do for adorable little you?”

Both parents watched as a distant expression formed on their daughter’s face, which soon brought about the tell-tale sounds of a diaper being filled. “I go potty!” Cozy cheered. “Now you change me.”


Mr. and Mrs. Glow were both very different pegasi. They’d both struggled in school, had a very hard time making friends, and never seemed able to quite ‘fit in’ with everypony else in Cloudsdale. About the only thing that seemed to go right was finding each other and knowing they could relate together far more than with even their own families.

Worried for their foals, both families helped the pair to find a simple home to live in outside of Ponyville. Neither could quite grasp what was being taught about being a ‘working pegasus’ but Glowbright Sun and Daybreak Dream did have talents they could do quite successfully on the ground.

Glowbright was a very meticulous mathematician when working with non-numeric problems. If given a bag of seeds, he could quickly go about making sure each one was planted in exactly the right spot with precisely the right amount of soil, along with ensuring it was cared for even more efficiently than an earth pony farmer could.

Dawnbreak Dream was great with smells and colors. She knew almost every flower’s color, scent, and when the right time was to harvest them for making beautiful floral arrangements, wreaths, etc.

One thing both had been confused about, but never really got worried about, was how they felt so ‘happy’ together and why their ‘horse play’ was not something that should be done anywhere but in the privacy of their home.

One day though, Daybreak woke up and felt rather funny. Glowbright was worried and went to find his family for help figuring out what was wrong with his wife. He would have gone to a doctor but he was told to ask his family first if he was unsure of anything. It was at this time it was learned that Daybreak was pregnant.

Said pregnancy was kept a secret from every pony. Daybreak wore fancy dresses to hide her ‘big tummy’ and Glowbright spent more time doing the flower deliveries to those ponies who’d hire him and his wife for their uniquely-made arrangements.

Both families were present when Daybreak gave birth to a foal. However both were aghast when the newborn foal arrived with a cutie mark already imprinted onto her flank. Fortunately, buying slightly-larger sized diapers helped to hide this bizarre chess piece marking. What it didn’t hide was the foal’s seemingly insatiable need for attention.

Both Daybreak and Glowbright tried to do the normal parent things of letting their daughter, Cozy Glow, work towards being okay if left to herself for short periods of time. However it just wasn’t working and little Cozy would always end up being with one or both parents every minute of every day.

The struggling parents did try taking their daughter to play groups but she would throw quite the tantrum and lash out against anypony who didn’t see things her way. Eventually this resulted in Glowbright and Daybreak just keeping her home as they tried all they could to get their daughter to not be so needy.


“Ponies are going to ask why she’s still in diapers,” Daybreak remarked while Cozy beamed cheerfully up at her mom, who went about cleaning her daughter up and placing a new diaper on her. “You don’t like wearing diapers and making messes, do you, my lil’ Glow Worm?” She asked her daughter.

“Like Mommy and Daddy with me,” Cozy cooed. “Diapers make Mommy and Daddy spend special time with Cozy.”

Glowbright let out a sigh as he picked up his daughter and held her close. “But we would be with you lots-and-lots,” He told. “Learning how to use the potty means you get all sorts of great attention from Mommy and Daddy for being a big filly and not making messes in your diapers.”

Cozy giggled in her father’s hooves. “But diaper makes Cozy cute!” She cried. “Foal get lots of attention and I no want to lose attention.”

The parents stared at each other. Cozy Glow was now getting close to being four years old and the diapers had to come off if they were to have any hope of getting her into school.

“I have an idea,” Daybreak suggested with a wide smile. “How about your daddy and I show you how to be cute without dirty diapers?”

Cozy appeared confused. “How?” She asked. “No want to lose friends, love, and no want to lose attention.”

“Don’t you worry, sweetie,” Glowbright added. “Your mommy and I will make sure you’re always getting lots and lots of love!”

Cozy giggled as she kicked about merrily. Her scarlet eyes filled with delight as her blue pigtails dangled adorably down her pink-colored fur.

So it came to be that Cozy would be given special treats for not using her diapers. This stemmed from her dad remembering all the things he knew to be cute from when he was little. “Golly-gee, Cozy!” He cheered when she succeeded in using the special chamber pot they had acquired just for her. “You know who’s adorably smart? You are!”

“Yay!” Cozy cheered. “Gee, golly cute is me!”

“And don’t you forget it!” Her father proclaimed as he helped to clean her up. “Soon you’ll be more swell than those icky, yucky diapers!”

“And what about my oh so adorable hair, Daddy?” Cozy asked while putting a hoof to her curls. “You like my hair, right?”

Her dad glowed with pride. “Your sweet-sweet mom knows how to make you irresistibly sweeter than plum pudding!” he announced. “Nopony will be able to resist our little glow worm!”

Cozy Glow cheered upon receiving such an immense amount of praise. So long as she got the praise she had no desire to use her diapers.

The trouble was that whenever she felt ignored, she’d waste no time in making a mess of herself until her mom and/or dad was forced to pay her every last ounce of attention they could spare.


“Being a parent is hard,” Glowbright said as he carried a sleeping Cozy Glow in his hooves one day. “Do you think we are doing something gosh-golly wrong, Dreamy?”

The mare thought about this for a moment. “No,” She replied with a shake of her head. “We can’t put her into one of those schools again. They’d be so mean and I don’t want our daughter being bullied like we were for being ‘different’.”

Glowbright sighed. “Maybe she wouldn’t be teased?” He considered. “We need more time to work on our business, and Cozy needs to learn from somepony who can show her what we were never able to understand.”

“No,” Daybreak stubbornly persisted. “You remember when those other parents caught a glimpse of that cutie mark on her flank? If we didn’t say that we painted it on for her for a chess game we were playing they would’ve never stopped trying to hide their foals from us.”

Glowbright sighed. “Then what do you propose we do?” He asked. “We can’t just keep her trapped in the house forever.”

“Momma!” Cozy cried. “Let me see other ponies. I want to be loved even more!”

Dawnbreak glared at her husband. “Well…” She trailed off while giving her daughter a forced smile. “We’ll give it a try

The small preschool close to the home of the Glow family seemed like a great place to start. There was a great foal-to-teacher ratio and it would serve as the perfect test space for Cozy Glow to learn and make friends of her own.

Unfortunately Cozy’s personality soon came into conflict with the other foals in the school.

“Why you not share?” A unicorn foal asked her. “Sharing is caring.”

Only if you play with me!” Cozy announced. “I make rules!”

Then there was the trouble with the chamber pots.

“I gotta’go potty!” A freshly out of diapers colt cheered.

“No!” Cozy Glow protested. “I need potty first!” And she plowed past the colt without a second thought.

By this time the caretakers were on to Cozy Glow’s antics and made sure she didn’t bully the younger kids in her class. This, of course made the socially awkward filly very upset, and she made no effort not to make a mess right in front of those who denied her what was hers.

So yet again it was back to diapers. This got colts and fillies to tease Cozy quite a bit. At least until she made every effort to sabotage their ability to make it to the chamber pots on time. What Cozy didn’t plan on was being found out by the caretakers.

“You need a time out, little filly!” They scolded upon catching her in the act of trying to hide the key to the bathroom where the chamber pots were kept.

“But I’m cute!” Cozy protested. “You must love me like Mommy and Daddy!”

The caretakers would have none of it, so placed her in the ‘Time out’ corner where she promptly forced herself to use her diapers to get even with those who would deny her what she wanted. Negative attention was as good as positive for how it most frequently got her out of ‘Time Out to prevent a painful rash from developing.

It was a terrible day when the preschool told Mr. and Mrs. Glow that they were not going to deal with their daughter anymore. “She needs discipline,” The caretaekrs warned the parents. “Get her under control and we’ll be happy to have her back.”


Years passed and there was no longer any need to cover Cozy’s cutie mark due to how she was at an age where having one was acceptable. However it was always hard to explain how she got it without stating the cover story that it had just happened while playing a game of chess with her parents.

“We just can’t keep sheltering her like this,” Cozy’s mother finally gave in. “Our daughter deserves an education. She deserves all the opportunities we never had. She deserves friends!”

Glowbright nodded in agreement. “I’m with you, Dreamy,” He replied. “I think I know just the place, too!”

“Where?” Daybreak inquired with a look of surprise. “Some place that will actually give our Cozy Glow a chance?”

Glowbright smiled wide as he showed his wife a letter of acceptance for Cozy Glow to attend Princess Twilight’s School Of Friendship. “The Princess Of Friendship will surely be able to help our daughter where no one lelse has even tried,” He beamed. “What do you say?”

Daybreak looked at the paperwork and worried about how Cozy would need to stay in a dormitory away from the safety of home. “I don’t know,” She worriedly remarked. “What if what happened back in preschool happens again?”

“It won’t,” The stallion reassured his wife. “Cozy has been getting better at showing she can handle herself. We’ve built up her self confidence to the point where nopony will ever take it away from her.”

“Yeah, Mom!” Cozy glowed with the cutest expression a filly could ever give. “I’ve been doing a whole lot of reading and it seems so swell to be a part of Twilight’s School Of Friendship! Golly, after reading so much about Twilight and her friends, I just know I’ll be everypony’s best friend!”

The mother looked to her husband and back to her daughter. “Are you sure?” She asked her daughter. “Do you think you can be away from Mommy and Daddy for so long?”

Cozy put on a very strong pose. “Geepers, Mom,” sSe said in a very calm and adorable tone. “I’ll show those ponies how you are the best parents ever! Golly, I’ll show how it is not nice to ever make anypony feel like they don’t belong because of being different.”

Daybreak was taken aback by her daughter’s self-confidence. Cozy was certainly a lot more confident than she or even Glowbright were while they were of school age. “Alright,” She smiled at her daughter. “You can go.”

Cozy went about flying about the house. “Oh, yay!” She cheered. “I can’t wait to be everyone’s friend! Everyone is going to love me and it’s going to be gosh-golly great!”

Her father smiled. He remembered a lot of things from his childhood that were super-cute and made sure to teach his daughter everything he knew about being sweet as sugar. Her mom spent time giving Cozy her mane curls that made her look more precious than any doll could ever hope to be. Both parents knew of how appearances were always important and wanted their daughter to be able to disarm anypony through her charms. Charm, confidence, and charisma always seemed to work in books about lonely ponies in search of understanding.

“I can’t wait to learn the Magic of Friendship!” Cozy cheered as she snuggled into her mother’s embrace. “Then I’ll make sure everypony knows how wonderful you both are as parents and how I’m the friend they’ve always wanted!”

And so after kisses and hugs goodbye, Cozy made her way into The School of Friendship. Her mind set on not letting anypony miss out on her being their best friend ever. It was her right. It was her destiny. It was what would redeem her parents who she knew had been hidden away, and Cozy was not going to ever let anyone or anything keep her from her goal: Of being right up there with The Princess Of Friendship.

PreviousChapters Next