• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
The Magic of Potty Training (Mane Six)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Alternative Universe] [Comedy] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Mane Six] [Princess Luna] [Princess Celestia] [Mrs. Shy] [Cookie Crumbles] [Pear Butter] [Twilight Velvet] [Cloudy Quartz] [Windy Whistles]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: An unofficial follow-up to “Rainbow Dash v.s. The Toilet”

Princess Luna greatly adored having friends on her own level, and they had many adventures together throughout the halls of Canterlot Castle, often under the watchful eye of Luna’s older sister Princess Celestia. She particularly started paying closer attention to the foals after an “incident” in one of the castle’s bathrooms.

Of course, all the foals’ families were more than eager to have their children befriend royalty, particularly one of the future rulers of the land. But there were periods of time where Luna’s six friends couldn’t be brought over to play with her.

After one particular period of absence when Princess Luna was two years old, she was surprised to have all her friends come to see her once again so suddenly.

Princess Celestia smiled as she brought the honored little guests to the nursery where her sister stayed. “Luna’s going to be so thrilled to see you all again,” She smiled, taking noticing of what they were now wearing. “And I think she’ll be even more thrilled to see that she’s not the only one with something to show off.” Soon afterward, all the foals were placed into Luna’s playpen and they crowded around the little alicorn.

“Hi girls,” Princess Luna somewhat sheepishly greeted. “It been a long time since I see ya all,” And without waiting for a reply she declared. “Guess what? I now in potty training!” She then showed off her midnight blue colored pull-up that had little moons and stars printed all over it.

The six other foals were amazed! “Ooh!” They all proclaimed, they had never seen anything so finely decorated before.

Princess Luna nodded. “It totally cool! Mommy, Daddy and big sister Tia all say I a big filly now!” It was only now that she got a good look at her fellow foals. All of them were wearing pull-ups as well, though none of them were as detailed or decorative as hers. “Oh, ya all in potty training too?” She asked them.

“Uh-huh,” Rarity was the first to nod and proudly boasted “Fluttershy not the only one anymore. Now we all big fillies!”

Rainbow Dash blushed, being the youngest of the group had its drawbacks. “More or less.” She muttered under her breath.

Princess Celestia smiled, watching the foals from afar. “Well, at least now I hopefully won’t have to worry about anymore bathroom episodes like the one with Rainbow Dash.” She thought to herself, recalling that experience despite how long ago it had been.

Fluttershy blushed a bit. “We weren’t sure if ya’d be in potty training or not, but Mommy and Daddy say big fillies like us no wear diapees anymore. I so glad ya like us, Luna.”

Pinkie Pie giggled. “Yeah, now we all get to be potty pals and have potty parties when we go potty!” She bounced up and down playfully on her pull-up, excited at the prospect!

Applejack just grinned. “Dun know about parties, but we definitely potty pals.”

“Do ya get to use the toilet when you go potty? Tia let me use it, when she around that is.” Luna declared, curious as to what sort of progress her friends had made. Last she’d seen them, only Fluttershy had for sure been in potty training but her progress was such that she was still in diapers. Obviously, a lot had happened since then.

“I tink we do,” Twilight declared while tugging at her pull-up. “It so fascinating and not scary at all, B.B.B.F.F. was wrong about it being a monster.”

Rainbow Dash spoke up and grumbled. “Hey, I proved tat first! Ya remember when me try to go potty but messed up.”

All the other foals laughed at that, the memory still fresh in their minds.

But once the laughter had faded, Luna sought to ask. “So, what it like for ya when ya start training? It kind of hard for me ‘cause I keep having accidents at night, but with big sister Tia’s help I start learning how to go before bed so I don’t have accidents while I sleep.”

Fluttershy spoke up first as all eyes began to fall on her. She was the oldest and had been the first to be eligible for potty training as a result, even though it had taken Rainbow’s mishap with the toilet to get her to actually commit to it. “Well,” She spoke at last as she struggled to find the courage to speak. “When Mommy and Daddy learn that I can go potty without a diapee, they start training me again.” And she began to recall that experience:


The bathroom for Fluttershy’s family was your pretty standard fare for a family of pegasi. The floor consisted mainly of clouds, a lone rain cloud hung over the tub in place of a shower head and the toilet rested by itself in a corner. And a special seat made from clouds was currently placed on it as Mrs. Shy brought her daughter into the bathroom.

Mrs. Shy smiled and adjusted her glasses. “The princess tells me you can sometimes use the bathrooms at the castle. I think that means you’re ready to start your potty training again. After all, you need to start setting a good example for your baby brother.”

Fluttershy reluctantly nodded. “Me know, Mommy. I try to be brave,” Then she let out a whimper. “But the toilet, it so big.”

Mrs. Shy just scooted her daughter closer to the toilet, removing her daughter’s diaper and setting it aside before she subsequently lifted the child into the air. “So? You know it’s nothing to be scared of, Rainbow Dash taught you that. As long as you’re careful, nothing bad will happen.”

“No disappear?” Fluttershy questioned as she was lowered onto the cloud seat and wiggled about a little, trying to get comfortable.

Mrs. Shy nodded. “Of course not, dear. I would never let that happen to you,” Then she instructed. “Now just sit down and try not to move around so much. That way you won’t fall in. It may only be water, but it’s not bath water or rain water.”

The little pegasus nodded, remembering how Rainbow had needed a bath after falling into the toilet at the castle. So she sat down, obeying her mother’s instructions. That was the easy part. The hard part was doing what needed to be done so to speak.

The older pegasus simply smiled, it seemed like nothing could phase her or get her to change her mood. “It’s alright if you don’t have to go. I just figured we should try. Just give it a few minutes, okay dear? If after that you still haven’t gone you can get down and we can try again later, or whenever you think you have to go. There’s nothing wrong with being a late bloomer, just because you’re the oldest among your friends doesn’t mean you have to be first in everything.”

Fluttershy smiled a little bit. Her mother always knew just what to say to make her feel better. “Me know, Mommy,” And she then declared. “I try, for you. Not sure I gonna go but I try.”

“That’s all I can ask for, Fluttershy.” Mrs. Shy replied as she stood by the toilet, reassuring her daughter that she would be on hoof if anything were to happen.

After a few minutes, just as she was certain she didn’t have to go, Fluttershy felt something move inside of her. Almost as if by instinct, her tail hiked upward and she shut her eyes. Just as quickly, the sensation ended and her tail lowered.

The pegasus mare knew in an instant what had just happened, she was a mother after all. “Good job, Fluttershy!” She happily cheered in her loudest voice (which wasn’t all that loud). “You’ve made me proud! And just wait until I tell your father about this, he’ll be proud too. You’re definitely gonna get a gold star on your potty chart.”

“Yay!” Fluttershy softly cheered, beaming with pride. Now all that remained was to wipe, flush and wash.


“I still sometimes have accidents,” Fluttershy admitted as the memory ended and she looked at her friends. “But Mommy and Daddy say I make enough progress to wear pull-ups.”

“Wow! Tat’s amazing, Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed! “And it’s all thanks to yours truly showing you that you had nothing to fear from toilet!”

Fluttershy giggled even as she replied. “Me probably could’ve figured tat myself eventually. Mommy and Daddy know almost everything, so if they say it not scary then it not. I just,” She paused and tried to think of how best to say what she wanted to say without hurting her fellow pegasus’ feelings. “Needed a reminder, tat’s all.”

As if in response to that statement, Rarity spoke up. “I no need reminder. I wanted to start potty training even before ya did, Fluttershy,” Then she frowned. “But Mommy and Daddy not think I ready. They even take forever to get a toilet in the house, even though they try to train me with other things,” She snorted and turned up her snout. “A lady never uses such uncouth things.”

Applejack giggled. “Tat sound like what we still use at home sometimes, even though we have a toilet. But we also sometimes no need toilets, we just go in the fields while we work.”

The little unicorn gagged in response. “Tat VERY uncouth!”

“So, ya wait until toilet be built to start potty training?” Princess Luna inquired as her curiosity became aroused.

All eyes now fell on Rarity who readily admitted with a nod. “Uh-huh. Me no like accidents, but they get Mommy and Daddy to realize I want toilet.” And now she was recalling her early experiences with the toilet, once her parents got around to having it installed anyways.


Cookie Crumbles had gotten used to her daughter’s demands and desires. She still couldn’t believe she and her husband had given in and agreed to spend a considerable amount of money to build an indoor toilet. Chamber pots and the outhouse worked just fine as far as she was concerned.

Rarity, of course, had felt otherwise. And so it was that the little “princess” now had her very own “throne”, one made of something called porcelain.

And it was Rarity who was taking it upon herself to get near it. “Mother,” She declared in that formal tone of hers. “I need to use toilet. Ya gotta help me.”

Cookie Crumbles sighed. Having been more or less led along to the bathroom by her daughter when it should’ve been the other way around, she was basically obliged to support her daughter as best she could. “Okay, Rarity. If you’re sure that’s what you want,” But she thought she’d offer. “You know, you don’t have to use the toilet. It’s perfectly acceptable to use chamber pots or even that little plastic potty we bought you. They’re certainly more visually appealing.”

But the young unicorn shook her head, she would hear nothing of such proposals. “Ya said I could use toilet, so help me use it!”

“A-alright, alright!” Cookie Crumbles reluctantly agreed as she used her magic to clumsily pull her daughter’s diaper down. It’s times like this that made the mare wish she’d bothered to learn better control of her horn, it would make tasks like this much less of a hassle. Soon, however, she was positioning Rarity on the toilet seat as best she could. “Okay, you good now?” She asked her daughter.

Rarity nodded. “Yes, Mother. I good, thank ya,” Then she proclaimed. “Now I gotta do my royal duties.”

Cookie giggled a little, her daughter really liked pretending she was somepony important. If it made things like potty training go more smoothly, who was she to complain?

Soon, the little unicorn grunted as something tinkled and plopped into the toilet bowl below. Without bothering to look down, she allowed the smell to confirm her suspicions. “My royal duties are complete,” She declared and tried to light up her horn to surround the toilet handle in order to force it down. “Come on, stupid thing!”

Cookie giggled again as she stepped forward and lit up her own horn. “Let me get it for you, Rarity. It’s okay to need a grown-up’s help to flush.” She was hoping her daughter would understand the importance behind not trying to do everything by herself.

With the soft glow of Cookie Crumbles’ horn, the toilet handle was pressed down and the flush cycle began. Unexpectedly, however, a shower of water sprayed up from the bowl!

Rarity yelped and jumped down just before the water would’ve touched her pristine coat. “Toilets in the castle never do that. Ya built toilet wrong, Mother.”

The older unicorn sighed anew. “I’ll see about getting a plumber out here to take another look at it. But you know they don’t come cheap. We can’t keep spending money on stuff like this or we’ll be living on the streets.”


“Plumber pony make toilet work properly, now it don’t spray water when I flush,” Rarity declared. “If only Mother and Father would use it too. Why I the only one who wants to use it?”

“Grown-ups are weird,” Applejack replied. “I just fine going potty in fields or when outside, I good at holding it when inside. But they make me do potty training anyway, Mama say I gotta act like civilized ponies.”

Pinkie Pie grinned. “Hey, me do that too! Me also raised on farm, but we farm rocks. So I just go in the fields, until Mommy say I not supposed to do tat.”

Rarity simply remarked with a face of disgust. “It not the proper way. If it were, toilets wouldn’t be needed. But I never do that.”

Applejack simply replied. “Tat because ya not raised on a farm like me. But we have toilet still, Mama make me have to use it before I do anyting else.”

“Yeah, Mommy and Daddy make me do that sometimes,” Luna admitted. “Big sister Tia good about not making me go if I don’t have to. She much more fun.”

Applejack then cleared her throat. “There nothin’ fun about my big brother. Big Mac always teasin’ me and sayin’ he better than me ‘cause he was trained first,” She snorted. “It not fair, toilet not get built when he around. But he not see problem with usin’ it like I do.” And she started thinking back to that particular argument she’d had with her mother:


Pear Butter was trying her best not to lose her patience as she held her diaperless daughter by the teeth, carrying her across the orchard. “You shouldn’t be runnin’ around like that, Applejack,” She scolded. “You’re not a wild animal.”

“But you and Pa not wear diapees,” Applejack pointed out. “And animals not wear them either. And they go wherever they want outside. I do the same, I never go inside.”

Pear Butter sighed, her first child had never put up this much of a fight with potty time even after the change in plumbing. Alas, it seemed that this second child of hers was intent on being a rebel more or less. “We’re all tryin’ our best not to do that anymore,” She explained as she approached the outhouse near the farmhouse. “It’s why we had the toilet installed. It’s only out here because it was cheaper than getting an entirely new one fitted into our old bathroom.”

Applejack squirmed and kicked about in vain, but her mother wouldn’t release the hold she had on the filly until the two were safely inside the outhouse and the door was slammed shut behind them. There stood the toilet in all its glory, glory that Applejack cared not for. She knew places like the castle had them, but she lived on a farm which was about as far from a castle as you could get.

“You ain’t leavin’ here without at least tryin’ to use the toilet, and I really want you to try,” Pear Butter insisted with that stern but sweet motherly tone of hers. “So I don’t mean just sittin’ on it for a few seconds and then sayin’ you’re done. I reckon you oughta be on there for a good few minutes.”

The farm filly grumbled as she was placed upon the seat. “But tat borin’. I don’t wanna!”

Pear Butter wouldn’t be deterred so easily. “Sorry, Applejack. But the only out of this outhouse is through the door I just shut. And we both know you ain’t strong enough to break it down,” Then she grinned. “Besides, first you’d have to figure out how to get down from the seat. I don’t think you’d wanna fall in and get all wet. It ain’t your bath night.”

Applejack snorted and sighed, she hated it when the grown-ups did things like this to trap her like a pig or a cow in their pen. It really didn’t seem fair that she should have to confine herself to one location to do her business, even if all the grown-ups expected her to. Still, she did have to go, so she did just that. It was surprisingly easy to do what needed to be done despite having no experience with toilets.

“Way to go, Applejack!” Pear Butter cheered and sincerely clapped her hooves in delight. “Now was that worth makin’ so much of a fuss about? I think not. Isn’t it so much better when you stop tryin’ to fight?”

“Maybe, but I still don’t like havin’ to use toilet.” The farm filly stubbornly proclaimed.

Pear Butter grinned. “Never said you had to, sugarcube. But like it or not, you’re gonna be usin’ it from now on just like everypony else does,” And she then decided to make her daughter an offer. “Tell ya what: You get good at usin’ the toilet and not makin’ a fuss about it, and you won’t even need to wear pull-ups around the house, alright?”

Applejack reluctantly sighed. “Fine.” At least with that deal she would retain some of her freedom around the family farm.

“Alright now,” Pear Butter went on as she approached her daughter. “Just hold still so I can wipe ya up. Then we just flush and wash our hooves. And don’t get any ideas about runnin’ bottomless through the orchard without honorin’ our deal. If you start havin’ accidents, I won’t hesitate to make you wear pull-ups all the time until you’re fully trained. Do I make myself clear?”

The farm filly nodded in unhappy agreeance. “Yes, Mama.”


“It fun not to wear anything,” Applejack giggled as her flashback ended. “Even better than wearin’ pull-ups that force ya to use toilet.”

“Yeah, pull-ups not like diapees. Everypony knows tat.” Twilight boasted while patting her own pull-up.

Rarity adopted a look of superiority as she declared. “Of course, tey much better. Tey so much easier to do tings with and tey much easier to get off. If I was just a bit better at my training, I no need to wear pull-ups even if Mommy and Daddy don’t think so.”

Twilight immediately argued back. “I just as far as you and Fluttershy, Rarity.”

“But ya not in training last time we saw ya!” Rarity argued, forgetting that her training had also been a recent development.

The little unicorn grinned and adopted a know-it-all smirk as she explained. “Tat ‘cause I do lots of reading on potty training. I learn everyting about it even while B.B.B.F.F tease me. Me know he get trained late, so me wanna be trained faster than him. I could all but do it myself, but my mommy and daddy don’t let me.” And now it was her turn to tell her potty training experience:


Twilight Velvet hadn’t been sure what to expect with her daughter when it came to potty training. She’d silently hoped that it wouldn’t be as difficult as it had been teaching her son how to use a toilet, moreso because of the “issues” surrounding his development that she suspected stemmed from him being born prematurely. It was a good thing he’d turned out alright, even if he was now acting ignorant of his own training by trying to mess with Twilight and make her afraid of the toilet.

So imagine the elder Twilight’s surprise when her daughter (also named Twilight, Twilight Sparkle to be exact) approached her one day and said. “Mommy, I ready to start potty training now.”

Velvet was more than a little surprised given how little interest her daughter had shown in training up to this point despite being old enough for it. If not for the fact that none of her daughters’ friends were in training (at least as far as she knew since she never made it a habit to pry about other ponies’ parenting styles) she likely would’ve made more of an effort to at least make Twilight sit on the toilet, hoping the foal would pick up on the idea that she should start using it instead of her diapers.

Twilight immediately lept up, trying to grab hold of her mom’s hoof. “Mommy, I said I ready to start potty training now!” She declared in a much more demanding tone of voice. “Ya gotta take me to bathroom so I can use toilet.”

Velvet looked down at her daughter. “Honey, are you sure? You’re a little small to be using the toilet so early into your training.”

But Twilight was determined. “I read that me eventually gonna have to use it even if I use potty, so I wanna go right to where I gonna have to go eventually. Besides, me wanna prove B.B.B.F.F. wrong. He say it a monster, but ya and Daddy say there no such thing as monsters.”

“Oh, very well,” Velvet agreed as she took her daughter by the hoof. “But you must understand that potty training is not a competition. Celestia knows you and your brother compete over enough things as it is. Besides, there’s this really cool book I wanted to give you. But your father felt I should hold off until you started trying to go potty like a big filly.”

It wasn’t long before the two Twilights were in the bathroom, the older helping the younger carefully onto the toilet with the aid of a well worn plastic seat that had been fixed in. “This was the same special seat I used when I was potty training your brother,” Velvet cooed and wiped a tear from her eyes. “Sorry, I’m getting sentimental. It was your brother’s experiences that inspired me to become a writer.”

The younger Twilight didn’t particularly care as she just sat down on the seat, adopting the position she’d seen in all those books. However, in her haste to start the training, the unicorn now realized she had forgotten to bring any of those books with her to read. “Mommy, I need something to read while I wait.” She insisted, anything to take her mind off of how small she felt and thus give her reasons to second guess her decision.

Twilight Velvet just smiled as she opened a cabinet underneath the sink, using her magic to push various objects aside and float out a lovely little book that depicted a pegasus filly about her daughter’s age (maybe a little older). “Here you are, I’ve been saving this book for just such an occasion,” She explained while placing the book in her daughter’s hooves. “It’s called: Daring Do and the Temple Toilet.”

The little unicorn eagerly flipped open the book after scanning the cover, eager to read this new book. And it worked like a charm, helping her to focus on other things to the point where she didn’t even realize when her tail hiked upward and she started to push. She was only brought back to reality when the loud roar of the toilet’s flush cycle reached her ears.

“Way to go, Twilight!” Velvet cooed and sincerely praised her daughter. “Oh, you’re growing up so fast! You probably could do your potty training all by yourself with how smart you are.”

Twilight blushed even as she tried to continue reading. “Mommy, please!”

“Sorry, Twilight,” Velvet apologized. “Still, you can stop reading now. I need to wipe you up. You can read the rest the next time you have to go.” And to emphasize that point she proceeded to use her magic to put the book back where she had originally stored it.

Although disappointed to have her reading ended so abruptly (and right when she was getting to the good part of the story), Twilight still cooperated as she was wiped clean with some toilet paper. But as she prepared to get down from the seat, she started to remember something she’d been meaning to ask about the toilet and how it worked. “Mommy?” She asked while eyeing the handle she knew activated the flush cycle. “When you flush the toilet, where everything go?”

“Down the drain,” Velvet explained. “Then it goes through the pipes attached to the toilet. The pipes lead to the sewers, and eventually the sewers lead to a special place that treats the water.”

“Can me see how it works?” Twilight inquired.

Velvet immediately moved to lift her daughter off the toilet seat before she could try anything! “I’ll tell you what, I’ll take you to that special place later and let the ponies there explain everything to you,” She declared. “I don’t think you’d want to end up in the icky sewers.”


“Mommy did take me to special place,” Twilight explained to the others. “But I still not know how it work exactly. And Mommy and Daddy not let me.”

Fluttershy shuddered with fear. “I not wanna find out, it sound scary. It sound like ya can never come back.”

Princess Luna nodded. “Uh-huh, I always worry about tat too.”

However, Pinkie Pie giggled. “Is nothing to be scared of, me get to try it once. It like being on water slide, it fun!”

“What?!” All the other foals gasped! Surely there was no way Pinkie was telling the truth.

The little pink earth pony only continued to giggle. “Is true, I wonder where everything go so me decide to find out when Mommy take me to bathroom,” And she recalled. “Mommy not want me to do it again, so I promise not to. But it was still fun while it lasted!” Already, she was recalling that fateful bathroom experience that made her potty training experience something to remember:


Cloudy Quartz brought her second youngest (by only a few minutes) daughter and the odd one out of the family to the outhouse across the fields from the farmhouse. “Thou art too old now to be making messes in thy diapers. Tis time thou werest trained in the same way thy sisters werest trained.”

“But Mama,” Pinkie Pie spoke up as the outhouse door was opened. “Me just go on rocks when out in the fields. Big sister Limey say tat okay, even you and Papa do it sometimes.”

Cloudy Quartz frowned and dragged her daughter into the outhouse before she could utter a syllable of protest. “That is not acceptable when thou should knowst the proper way to relieve thyself,” When the door slammed shut behind the two, she gestured immediately to a worn looking toilet with a huge tank up top and a long pull chain resting off to the left hoof side. “Behold, Pinkamina. Tis time thou learned to worship the Porcelain Celestia!”

Pinkie giggled as she looked at the weird cross between a bowl and a chair. Even though it wasn’t exactly the same as what she’d seen in the castle, she knew what it was. “Mama, I know what a toilet is. Besides,” She giggled. “Me know the real Princess Celestia. She not a toilet even if she have the same coat as one.”

Cloudy only sighed and shook her head. Of course this daughter had to be the one exception thus far to the rule, her previous two daughters had believed her statement about the toilet until they were old enough to know otherwise. “Still, thou shalt be using this great porcelain throne from now on,” She declared while placing her bottomless daughter on the seat, watching her uncomfortably squirm about on it. “Thou art to come here when thou feelest the need to do thy business, be it number one or number two. And only when I give thou permission will thou be allowed to get down.”

“But Mama-” Pinkie Pie began to plead in protest.

“-But nothing, Pinkamina! Thou shalt sit upon that seat until I say so, or thou shalt be taught how to change thyself whenst thou has accidents!” Cloudy threatened. “And thou knowst I never joke. Now be still, child! Thou would not want to fall in.”

The little earth pony reluctantly obeyed despite how cold the toilet seat was to her bare rump. Just sitting there was boring, she absolutely hated having to stand or sit still for any length of time. But the threat from her mother was more than enough motivation for her to do as she was told. Eventually, the silence was broken as the filly heard a plop and the sound of something tinkling and splashing into the bowl beneath her.

Cloudy adopted a rare smile as she declared. “Spot on, Pinkamina. Thou hast made me very proud. Thou shalt soon be like thy older sisters.”

“Like big sister Limey and big sister Maud?” Pinkie asked.

Cloudy nodded her head. “Indeed, and thou shalt be expected to be a good role model to thy baby sister Marblelina. Thou wouldst not want to be a bad influence on her, would thou?”

The earth pony filly shook her head. “Nu-uh, I be good for Marble. Me be the best big sister ever!” Then she asked. “Can me get down now, Mama?”

“Indeed thou can, Pinkamina,” Cloudy instructed. “For thou still hast yet to wipe, flush and wash thy hooves.” She proceeded to pull the chain attached to the tank while her daughter eagerly jumped down from the toilet seat.

However, it was then that Pinkie got a rather naughty and mischievous idea. While her mother was distracted retrieving toilet paper, the little filly bounced up and grabbed hold of the chain to force it down. From there, she lept up towards the toilet, landing in the bowl with a splash! The waters swirled around her in a fast draining, dizzying motion! Instead of being frightened though, the foal began to grin from ear to ear as she spun around and around!

Cloudy Quartz happened to look up from what she’d been doing at that point, and immediately she gasped in horror!” Pinkamina!” She cried and rushed to the toilet as fast as she could!

But it was too late! With a cry of “Whee!” Pinkie Pie was swiftly sucked down the drain!

“NO!” Cloudy exclaimed in horror and appeared to be on the verge of tears!

Fortunately, mere seconds later Pinkie popped back up from the drain. “It okay, Mama. I fine. Tat was so much fun!”

Cloudy was equal parts relieved, shocked and furious to see her daughter again. “Pinkamina Diane Pie! Thou shalt not scare me or anypony else with that ever again!” And she fished her daughter out of the toilet in that very instance.


“Tat didn’t happen!” Rainbow Dash insisted! “My mommy say nopony can go down the drain.”

Pinkie Pie just grinned and flashed a cheeky smile. “Tat what they all say, but how they know for sure if they never try?”

Rainbow shuddered. “I rather not find, it not sound fun at all.”

Twilight nodded. “Yeah, it sound dangerous.” She now had little desire to try to duplicate her friend’s little experiment.

All eyes then fell on Rainbow Dash as she quickly realized what was expected of her. “What?” She blinked. “Ya want me to tell my story about potty training with toilet?”

“Uh-huh,” Princess Luna nodded. “Everypony else tell their stories and I already tell ya mine. Ya the only one left.”

Reluctantly, the rainbow maned foal sighed. “Okay, fine. I guess I tell ya. But ya gotta promise not to laugh.” And so she began telling her rather embarrassing (at least to her) story.


Rainbow Dash’s bathroom was probably the one that came the closest to matching the elegance of the castle’s many bathrooms. Given that her dad worked a high ranking job at the weather factory and her mom was one of Cloudsdale’s best teachers though, that was hardly a surprise.

Yet the two almost always seemed to be home with their little Dashie more than they were at their jobs, at least one parent seemed to be around the foal every day no matter what. Only rarely would Rainbow be given to a sitter, more often she would be invited over to one of her friends’ houses for a playdate.

Today was not one of those days as Rainbow was being carried into the lavishly decorated bathroom by her mom. “Oh, this is the day I’ve waited so long for!” Windy Whistles cooed and smiled! “The day my little Dashie goes from being the best foal ever to being the best big filly ever! I can hardly wait to get the pictures for the family album to show to your daddy.”

“Mommy!” Rainbow Dash whined as she drew near the toilet, particularly eyeing the gold plated handle and the fluffy cloud seat. Even the castle’s toilets never had anything like this.

Windy Whistles ignored the complaint as she set her daughter’s diaper aside. “I’ll have to make a memory of this. The last diaper you ever wore,” She cooed. “Soon, you’ll be wearing your first ever pull-up and showing everypony who the best big girl in all the land is!”

Rainbow blushed with embarrassment, she hated all the constant praise and doating her parents showered her with. On occasion it was fine, but it got annoying very quickly. Still, she was happy to get out of diapers. She’d been waiting for months to do this, and this time she wasn’t going to mess it up.

“Now don’t you worry your pretty little head, Dashie darling,” Windy said with a smile as she gently lowered her daughter onto the cloud seat. “Mommy’s gonna be right here the whole time so she doesn’t miss a moment. She’ll make sure you do it right.”

The little pegasus pouted as she sat down. “What now?” She asked her mother.

Smiling even brighter, Windy retrieved a book and held it in her hooves. “It’s your favorite story,” She told her daughter. “The one about the tortoise that beats the hare. You know how much you love tortoises. I’ll even do the funny voices this time.”

Oh great!” Rainbow sarcastically thought to herself, certain she was going to die of embarrasment if such was a thing.

Windy, oblivious to her daughter’s thoughts, just trotted towards the toilet and patted Rainbow gently on the forehead. Then she retrieved a small stool and sat down on it, keeping a watchful eye on her daughter. “Just get comfortable and do what you have to do, Rainbow.” Then she began to read aloud.

Determined not to let her mom get far, Rainbow Dash tried to more or less force herself to go. But nothing would come out. So she just sat there in an annoyed state of boredom, listening to the voices her mom used and groaning all the while.

Only when the story had reached its conclusion did parent and child hear a plop sound as a familiar stench reached their nostrils. Windy Whistles immediately set her book on the floor and trotted closer for an inspection! “Well done, Rainbow Dash! I knew you could do it!” She then instructed. “Now just stay here while Mommy go gets her camera!”

But as soon as her mom had left, the pegasus foal flew up to the handle and pressed it down to flush the toilet. “Bye bye poo-poo!” She declared as if she were saying goodbye to a vanquished enemy.

At that very moment though, the sound of a camera flash reached the little filly’s ears. She spun around in time to see her mom standing right at the bathroom door with a camera in hoof! “Oh, that was even better than I was expecting! Just wait until Daddy hears about this!”


Rainbow Dash finished her story as she heard all her friends laughm giggle and kick about with tears in their eyes. “Yeah, my mommy and daddy are weird.” She said to herself.

Princess Luna was the first to recover from the laughing fit. “Tey sound super nice, I wish I could meet tem.”

“Yeah, me too!” Pinkie Pie agreed, and all the other foals nodded.

Rainbow blushed and groaned in annoyance, it was like she being humiliated all over again. She could see that even Princess Celestia was trying not to laugh. “Why did I have to be cursed with the most embarrassing parents in all of Equestria?” She thought to herself.

Well, regardless of that detail, the seven foals could all take comfort in the fact that they were all more or less on the same level in regard to potty training. And that would only serve to further boost their bonds of friendship.

PreviousChapters Next