• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Bare Bottomed Batponies (Batponies)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Alternative Universe] [Comedy] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Batponies] [OC]
Written By: Foal Star
Note: Takes place within Foal Star’s age regression universe after the events of “That time Fluttershy Became a Baby Batpony”

Within a day of Fluttershy’s “vacation” in Batponyville coming to an end, Mango decided it was time to do something she’d been putting off for a while: Completing her daughter Echo’s potty training. More specifically, getting Echo trained in how to use the toilet, seeing as the toddler batpony had more or less mastered using her training potty.

Holding Echo by the tail, Mango carried her daughter into the bathroom and carefully set her down. “Alright, Echo,” Mango said as she took a deep breath and steadied her nerves. “A deal’s a deal. Even your father agrees that you’re ready for this next step. It’s time for you to learn how to use the toilet.”

Echo was excited as she gazed up at the great porcelain throne! “Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!” She started buzzing and flapping her wings! “How do me do it, Mommy?! What me gotta do?!”

“Well, first, I have to take off your diaper, obviously,” Mango replied as she trotted towards her daughter. “I know you can do it sometimes, but this time just let Mommy help you.”

Echo cooperated as best she could in her excited state, letting her mom pull down her diaper and set it aside for later. Then, she felt her mom’s hooves take hold of her and lift her up, before eventually placing her down on the toilet seat. Echo shivered at the feeling of cold porcelain against her bare bottom.

Mango couldn’t help but laugh at the display. “Yes, I know it’s probably a little bit cold. But you’ll get used to it. Just try not to wiggle around too much so you don’t fall in.”

Echo obeyed to the best of her ability, trying to get into a comfortable sitting position on the toilet. It hadn’t seemed nearly as big to her when she’d been eyeing it from afar. Her legs practically dangled off the edge, the short distance from the seat to the bathroom floor seemed a lot further than it probably was.

Still, the young batpony filly did eventually manage to get into a position that felt “comfortable” to her. And then she sat there, and sat there, and sat there. She waited and waited, but it seemed like nothing was happening.

All the while, Mango just stood there and kept a watchful eye on her daughter. “Go ahead, just do whatever you have to do,” She encouraged her daughter. “I’ll be right here for you.”

Sighing, Echo just continued to sit there in utter boredom. She wished she had something to do to pass the time, something to occupy her attention and get her mind off things. It was funny, she’d never had this problem with her training potty, mostly because she was only being taken to it when she was sure she had to go. That was a luxury she hadn’t been afforded this time. All she could do was to sit, just sit there and do nothing.


After what felt like several minutes, Echo still hadn’t done anything. But Mango had an idea. She remembered her mother doing something similar with her during her own potty training. Maybe it would work again. The elder batpony trotted over to the nearby bathroom sink, carefully turning a knob on the faucet to get the water flowing.

Echo was surprised as the sound of running water reached her ears.

Mango was quick to explain. “Just focus on the running water and let it go. Picture a river, or a stream, or a waterfall.”

Echo shut her eyes, deep in concentration as she listened to the running water as it flowed without end. She didn’t even notice her tail starting to hike upward as she did so.

Mango’s ears eventually managed to pick up faint sounds over the flow of running water: A steady hissing and even some plopping that echoed into the bowl below via a series of faintly audible splashes. Satisfied that her little trick had worked, she turned off the faucet and approached her daughter with a smile.

Echo started to become aware of a familiar smell as she opened her eyes. Looking down, she could see the results of her hard work floating in the toilet bowl. “I did it, Mommy! I go potty like you and Daddy!” She cheered as she lifted her hooves over her head!

Mango’s smile grew brighter. “You sure did, Echo! Mommy is very proud of you!” Then she sniffed the air. Even though she’d long gotten used to such odors, it still surprised her just how much stink her daughter could make. “Goodness, what have you been eating?!” She exclaimed with only slight exaggeration! “I think I need to start paying more attention to your diet.” Then she unrolled some toilet paper from a nearby roll, using it to wipe her daughter’s rump until it was clean.

Echo remained seated on the toilet seat as her mom put the used toilet paper rolls into the bowl, then quickly trotted over to the other side of the toilet and pressed down the handle. A loud roar suddenly reached the little batpony’s ears, frightening her so much that she leaped up and flapped her wings to get as high as possible!

Mango laughed as the roar slowly faded. “Sorry. Guess I should’ve warned you about the flush. It can get a bit loud, sometimes.”

Echo, meanwhile, noticed something as her eyes looked down on the toilet from above. The noise had stopped, the “flush” had ended and now everything was sparkling clear once again. “What happened?” She asked as she blinked in confusion. “Where everything go?”

“Down the hole,” Mango explained as she pointed a hoof to a small opening at the bottom of the toilet bowl. “More specifically, the drain. When you flush the toilet, the flush takes everything down the drain and then the water refills. It’s surprisingly efficient, much better than in the old days when trenches and chamber pots had to be emptied manually.”

Curiously, Echo asked her mom. “Can me see it again?” It sounded almost like a magic trick.

“I don’t see why not.” Mango replied and pressed down the handle, flushing the toilet anew.

This time, the loud noise from the start of the flush cycle didn’t startle Echo. And she watched as the waters in the bowl spun around and around, faster and faster. Her eyes watched the whole thing, almost as if she were in a trance. In doing so, the batpony foal felt herself growing dizzy. Without warning, in the midst of the flush cycle, Echo lost her grip on the ceiling where she’d been hovering and fell into the bowl with a splash!


Mango immediately ran to the toilet, horrified and fearing the worst! “Echo!” She cried as she tried to peer down into the toilet bowl for any sign of her daughter. “Echo! Can you hear me?! Are you okay?!” There seemed to be no trace of her daughter anywhere!

But suddenly, Echo popped up in the bowl, soaking wet but unharmed. “I fine, Momma. Me just got dizzy, that’s all.”

Mango immediately fished her daughter out of the toilet bowl and set her down on the floor. “Oh, Echo, thank Luna you’re alright! I thought for sure you’d gone down the drain! How would I ever explain that to your father?”

“But if water come back after going down the drain, why can’t me come back too?” Echo wondered. “Why only water come back when toilet flush?”

Mango shrugged her hooves. “I really don’t know, Echo. All I know is that only water comes back after each flush, nothing else. And for a moment there, I feared that included you. From now on, please promise me you’ll be more careful when flushing the toilet,” Then she wrinkled her nose. “But for now, I better give you a bath.”

Echo blinked in surprise. “A bath? Why me need a bath? I already wet.”

“The toilet is not a bathtub. Toilet water is not clean,” Mango groaned as she picked up her daughter by the tail and trotted over to the bathtub. “Just because Batequestria has what’s called potty pools for us batponies to stop and do our business, doesn’t mean that those pools are for bathing or for swimming. They’re solely for waste management, nothing more. And you are not waste, therefore you do not belong in a toilet. I can’t risk you getting sick.”

PreviousChapters Next