• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,518 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,518

PreviousChapters Next
A Dragon in Toilet Training (Smolder)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Smolder]
By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: This story is loosely based on an image by hopefulsparks on Derpibooru, and also a loose continuation of the story from “Spike The Potty Trainer”

Nothing scared Smolder! Well, that wasn’t actually true. Almost nothing scared Smolder, she just went to great lengths to keep those fears well hidden. It was in a dragon’s nature to do after all, dragons never showed weakness. Dragons were tough, fearless creatures. They were supposed to make others afraid of them.

Smolder didn’t really agree with that last part. Since coming to the School of Friendship and befriending other students she’d come to realize that making others afraid of you wasn’t exactly a “friendly” thing to do. Still, she tried her best to keep whatever fears she had hidden. She was thankful that only Gallus and Ocellus knew about her secret desire to like cute, silly stuff. Heaven only knows what would happen if a chatterbox like Silverstream found out.

But there were other things that Smolder feared. Things that were practically embarrassing to admit for a dragon. And it was something that dwelled within what was called a bathroom. They were white, shiny (most of them anyway) bowl objects with gleaming silver handles and metal pipes. They came in boxes, or stalls. And they were something that every creature was expected to use, toilets.

At first Smolder had never given the things even a glancing thought. Dragons never needed toilets, so why should she? But when Headmare Twilight had specified that all creatures had to use toilets while tattending the school (unless they wanted to stay in diapers), Smolder went into a situation that was both uncomfortable and a little bit frightening for her.

She’d tried to put it off as much as possible, find other ways of doing her “business”, such as using those training potties. But all her other friends seemed to have no trouble using toilets to relieve themselves. Even Spike used them too. Try as she might, Smolder couldn’t avoid them.

And that was exactly what scared Smolder. She’d heard how the toilet worked: You sit down on the seat to do whatever you had to do, cleaned up with some toilet paper, and then flushed (more than once if necessary). It all sounded so easy.

Heck, to hear Sandbar talk you would’ve thought that toilets were the most wonderful thing ever to exist and you were a freak if you did not use them.

But knowing how toilets worked and actually using one as intended were two different things. Smolder recalled how her ill fated first attempt at using the toilet. The memory had burned its way into the back of her mind and wouldn’t leave.


It was only a few days after coming to the school, and Smolder had taken advantage of the break between classes to visit the restroom. “Man, all that pony food went right through me.” She commented as her stomach gurgled ominously.

The orange scaled dragon pushed open the first stall door she could lay eyes on, quickly locking it behind her since that was considered the polite thing to do. She stood alone in the stall, eyes locked on the only object of any interest in it, the toilet. “I always wondered why everycreature’s so afraid of it?” She thought out loud as she slowly walked towards it. “It’s not something that can eat you. Right?”

Getting onto the toilet seat wasn’t much of a challenge for Smolder, her wings easily took care of that problem. But when she sat down on the toilet seat she almost yelped in surprise! “That is so cold! And why does it feel so… wet?”

Well, those details were for both another time and place.

Smolder didn’t even check, she was sure she was sitting on the toilet seat properly. “Rump first, facing forward, like Professor Rarity instructed,” She repeated aloud as if she was studying for a test. Sighing, she relaxed. “Now let it go.”

It only took a few seconds for Smolder to finish. When you were holding it in, it was much easier when you stopped trying to fight against your body and instead worked with it. Immediately, a powerful stench reached her nostrils.

Nothing a little fire breath couldn’t fix. The dragon belched out a few small flames, enough to generate sufficient smoke to ward off the smell. It wasn’t like there were other creatures around to complain. Besides, the school was fireproof.

But as the dragon rose to grab some toilet paper, she found that she couldn’t move much. When she tried to stand up it was like something was pulling her back down. “Hey, what gives?! Did somecreature put glue on this toilet seat?” She complained aloud, trying in vain to pull herself off the seat. “I swear, if this is a prank from Gallus, I’ll make him pay for this!”

Smolder kept on tugging but her body refused to budge. Sighing, she sat back down. “Okay, I’m not getting anywhere like this. I need to think of a different approach.” The young dragon thought. However, she wasn’t paying attention to the position of her claws. One of them ended up touching the handle on the right side of the toilet.

“Kartink!” The sound echoed through the empty bathroom. It was soon followed by the mighty roar of the toilet flushing. That is when Smolder became aware of a faint tugging sensation from beneath her. “Gah! It’s trying to eat me!” She screamed in fright. She wished now that she hadn’t been so dismissive of the toilet or how scary it seemed! She was definitely paying for that mistake now!

As the toilet continued flushing the tugging sensation grew stronger, and Smolder seemed unable to escape! To make matters worse she swore she could feel her entire rump and even both her legs getting cold and wet. Water seemed to be spilling out of the toilet bowl, like a monster trying to swallow its prey by coating it with saliva!

Suddenly, the toilet stop flushing and the tugging sensation faded. The handle returned to its upright position. That was odd. Why had the toilet stopped flushing like that? Hadn’t it been trying to eat Smolder just a couple of seconds earlier?

It was only now that her wandering eyes even thought to look down. When she did so, Smolder discovered that her tail had dipped into the toilet bowl. It was plugging up the hole at the bottom. “So it wasn’t trying to eat me. I just forgot about my tail.” She realized and blushed hard. One of her professors had warned her to lift her tail, and now she knew why they had given that warning.

Reluctantly, Smolder took hold of her tail with both of her claws and yanked hard. Her tail seemed to be pretty wedged in the hole at the bottom of the toilet bowl. It took several up tugs before at last it was freed. Except now it was very wet, very dirty, and very smelly.

“Oh well, guess I’ll just clean that up with the toilet paper too.” Smolder said to herself. At least now she could actually get off the toilet seat to get some toilet paper.


“Sploosh!” The orange scaled dragon’s feet touched the floor and were immediately submerged in water. She instinctively flew up, still worried that the toilet might try to eat her or do something else to her. Only once the dragon was certain that wasn’t the case did she reluctantly swoop down and land. Why was the floor so wet? It hadn’t been that way when she went into the stall.

Smolder turned her attention to the toilet. “I just flushed! Why aren’t you working?” She complained, but got no reply. “Oh, so that’s the way you wanna play it, huh? Fine by me!” And Smolder walked forward through the flooded stall floor, quickly finding herself eye to eye with the toilet.

A quick peek of the toilet bowl indicated the problem. Although her tail had been freed from the hole the blockage wasn’t fixed. And Smolder could see what was causing it. Apparently pony toilets weren’t quite strong enough to handle dragon waste. “Great! Just great! How much more trouble are you gonna give me today?!” She asked the toilet. “I’m starting to think you’re more trouble than you’re worth! I don’t see why anycreature should ever use you!”

Well, the blocked toilet was a problem. But Smolder didn’t care, she didn’t know the first thing about pony plumbing fixtures. She’d just have to tell one of her professors and have them fix it.

So instead she took some rolls of toilet paper, wiped her tail and her rump clean as best she could, and then discarded the used rolls into the toilet bowl and left the stall. “I’ll bet no other creature ever has to deal with this!” She thought to herself as she exited the bathroom, just in time to hear the ringing of the bell that signaled the start of the next class. Just great, now she was tardy. All because of that annoying toilet.

Now, no other toilet ever gave Smolder anywhere near as much trouble. As it turned out, not every toilet in every stall worked as intended. Some toilets sprayed upward when they flushed. Some toilets didn’t flush at all. And some were only slightly above the level of being a glorified outhouse or trench. But one bad experience was enough to sour Smolder on the idea of using them again.

Toilets were strange objects, and as far as the dragon were concerned they unnerving with their design and function. That it seemed to be a matter of luck if they worked properly didn’t help matters.

All of this contributed to a fear of repeating that bad first experience. A fear that Smolder could only go so far to conceal. And a fear that she only felt comfortable telling Spike about on the condition that he not tell anyone.

PreviousChapters Next