• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Toity's Training, Take Two (Hoity Toity)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Alternative Universe] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Hoity Toity] [Rarity] [Prince Blueblood] [Sweetie Belle]
Written By: Foal Star
Note: Takes place within Foal Star’s age regression universe and includes references to chapters 3 and 4 of “Baby Hoity Toity in Manehattan” as well as chapter 6 of “The Foal Prince”.

Rarity knew the time had come. As expected as it might have been the fashionista absolutely detested changing diapers, especially messy ones. Bad enough she had to do it more times than she wanted to with her little sister (her parents’ hoofs off style of parenting being of little help in the matter), but doing it with two full grown ponies regressed to foals was so overtaxing. She had fully expected to hire a maid, butler or some other servant pony to take care of such foul matters with her own foals. Alas, she couldn’t afford it and in the back of her mind the fashionista secretly didn’t want to.

Yet after the first big potty training attempts for both of the foals in her care had ended with both of them accidentally flushing themselves down the drain, Rarity had been considerably hesitant to approach potty training for them. It was only now that so many of their fellow regressed ponies were starting to graduate from diapers (or had already done so) that she knew she could delay it no longer.

As she could only train one at a time, however, Rarity decided to start with the one she expected to have more difficulty with: Hoity Toity. His fear of the porcelain throne alone would be hard to overcome. But ready or not, she was going to make that plunge into the great unknown.

“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity called on the day she decided to commence Hoity’s training.

The younger unicorn was at her sister’s side in a moment, appearing in the makeshift nursery her older sister had set up for the foals (which had previously been just a workshop but now served two purposes: Dress making and foal care). “Yes, Rarity?” She asked, both eager to help and somewhat anxious about what her sister was going to have her do.

Rarity took a deep breath. “I need you to keep an eye on Blueblood for me for the next several minutes, perhaps longer,” She explained while eyeing the foals as they sat in their playpen in just their diapers, both without a care in the world. “I’m going to be… rather busy with Hoity Toity and I simply cannot leave Blueblood to his own devices. After what happened the last time he was alone, I’d rather not risk any further scares.”

Sweetie Belle didn’t need to ask what Rarity meant, she had learned everything the moment her sister came back to Ponyville with Blueblood in tow. The former prince had been quite the interesting foal to care for. “Okay, I can do that. Blueblood won’t give me any trouble,” Under her breath she added. “I hope.”

“Well, just to be sure,” The fashionista declared. “The bathroom is off limits! And not just because I don’t want another flushed foal.”

Sweetie realized in an instant what her big sister was referring to with such a statement. “Oh, you mean you’re finally getting around to it with Hoity Toity?”

Rarity nodded while looking at Hoity. “Yes. It’s time to start his potty training,” She then smiled as she trotted over to the playpen and used her magic to delicately scoop up Hoity Toity. “Okay, Hoity Toity. Are you ready to ditch your diapers for real this time?” She asked him.

Hoity Toity nodded his head. “Uh-huh, I weady! I gonna get it wight tis time, Mama!” And he puffed out his chest to show how confident he was of that statement.

“Good luck!” Sweetie Belle encouraged the two as she stood by the playpen, keeping a watchful eye on Blueblood like she’d been instructed to.

Hoity did his best to put on a brave face. But he was dreadfully nervous on the inside. His fear hadn’t left him since the accident he’d suffered with Bright Wing all that time ago. And this time he didn’t have Bright Wing or Sweetie Belle to save him if anything went wrong. So, looking up at Rarity he asked. “Ya not gonna wet anyting happen to me, wight?”

The young fashionista shook her head. “Of course not, darling! I most certainly will not let another foal go down the drain on my watch!” And as she carried the little colt to the bathroom she sought to reassure him. “I think you’ll find that my methods for potty training you are quite reasonable given the circumstances. And if you do as I say, you’ll be rocking your big pony pull-ups in no time at all!”


Mare and foal entered the bathroom a short time later, Rarity promptly locking the door behind her and making sure some air freshener was close at horn. Then she set Hoity Toity upon the bathroom floor, watching as he clumsily tugged at his diaper with his hooves. “Allow me, darling,” She gently cooed. Lighting up her horn, she pulled Hoity’s diaper down with the greatest of ease, though she didn’t pull it down all the way. “There we go. Now you’re all set.” She told the little colt.

Hoity Toity was soon brought before a rather worn looking pink plastic bowl. He recognized such an object in an instant. “Tat Sweetie Bewwe’s owd twaining potty?” He asked Rarity.

Rarity confirmed with a nod. “Indeed it is, darling,” And she nudged the little earth pony closer to it. “It’s been cleaned up just for you. Now go ahead and have a seat, we’re going to be here for quite a while. I’m not sure if you need to do anything or not, but at least I figured we could try.”

But Hoity Toity seemed to frown as he looked at the toddler pony and then eyed the still rather massive toilet (in his eyes) that rested a ways away. Despite what had happened last time, he was feeling bold once again. Perhaps it was because he was reassured by Rarity’s statement, or perhaps he trusted her to know what she was doing whereas Bright Wing and Sweetie Belle had not. Either way, he felt like the time had truly come for him to face his fear. “Me wanna use big pony potty, me wanna use ta toiwet!” He insisted while pointing to it with a hoof! “I pwomice I be cawefuw tis time.”

The fashionista, however, was immediately horrified at the suggestion! “After what happened last time?! I think not! You’ll be far safer simply using the training potty. We can work our way up to the toilet when I think you’re ready.”

Hoity just kept pointing to the toilet with a look of determination in his eyes. “But me wanna twy using it! Ya pwomiced ya not wet anyting bad happen to me. I know ya save me if me mess up.”

The unicorn was still far from convinced. There were simply far too many things that could go wrong, in her mind, for her to sign off on this. At least, not with what was currently on hoof to her. But that was an idea came into her mind. “Well, I’m still not certain that is a good idea, Hoity Toity. However, I suppose I do have to learn to let down my mane a little bit and not be so overly cautious with you and Blueblood all the time. So if you truly do want to try your luck with the toilet, some accommodations will have to be made. Obviously, I wasn’t expecting you to feel so brave.”

Hoity Toity nervously looked up at Rarity. “Me no mean to make ya wowk even hawdew, Wawity. Me can use twaining potty.”

“It’s your training,” Rarity replied as she began to light up her horn. “I want you to feel comfortable with whatever it is you’re doing, even if I may think that you’re not ready. After all, you and Blueblood aren’t your typical foals. If what you want is to try using the toilet, I can accommodate that. I’ll just need to get something to hopefully make the process a little bit easier for the both of us. As I’m sure you can recall, the toilet seat by itself can be very slippery and very easy to fall off of.”

The little earthy pony nodded. “Uh-huh, it swippewy and cowd.”

“Which is why I’ll need to put something on it before I have you sit down,” The fashionista explained as she then used her magic to pull Hoity Toity’s diaper back up and made sure it was secure. “It shouldn’t be long, just a quick jaunt back to the nursery. Do you think you can hold on until we’re back in the bathroom? I wouldn’t want you to have an accident on the first day of your proper training.”

“Me can howd it! I vewy good at howding it, unwike Bwuebwood!” Hoity boasted and seemed to snicker.

That would explain why I’ve had to change Blueblood more often in the middle of the night,” Rarity thought to herself as she carefully brought Hoity onto her back and prepared to exit the bathroom. “Still, perhaps I should have a talk with Hoity Toity later on about the dangers of holding it in, just so he doesn’t try to do it for too long.


The two ponies returned to the nursery shortly thereafter, Hoity Toity clinging to Rarity’s mane the whole time. But as they entered into the nursery proper, a faint urge that the little colt had been ignoring up until now began to make its presence known. An urge that was growing faster by the minute! “Wawity!” He tugged on her mane to get her attention! “Me gotta go!”

“Really? Now?” Rarity sighed and groaned. “We were just in the bathroom, you know.”

“But me didn’t have to go ten.” Hoity protested.

The fashionista let out a long sigh. Even with his somewhat adult mind, Hoity Toity was still a foal and a foal didn’t always have the best understanding or control of their own bodily functions. Even she knew from experience that she had struggled at times throughout her toddler years to properly take care of her “business” without having an accident. “Just hold on, this shan’t take more than a minute or two. It’s a good thing the bathroom is just down the hall from here,” She instructed to her charge. “Worse comes to worse, just go in your diaper and I promise I’ll change you.”

“Me gonna howd it in as best me can!” Hoity Toity vowed, wanting desperately to avoid an accident even if in this case Rarity would seemingly be okay with it. He really wanted to prove that he was in fact a big pony.

With a newfound sense of urgency and desperation, Rarity began frantically (and rather clumsily) searching around the nursery for… something! She knew what it was that she needed to help Hoity Toity, but for the life of her she was finding it hard to remember where exactly she’d left it! “Come on! Come on! Where is it?! Oh, of all the things to misplace, why did it have to be that new training potty with a built in special seat?! I didn’t expect to have to use that part of it so soon, it was just so I’d have an extra potty on hoof for emergencies!” She complained.

Hoity, meanwhile, noticed something that was being overlooked in Rarity’s search. “Whewe Seetie Bewwe and Bwuebwood? Tey not hewe.”

At that, Rarity paused in her search as she happened to look over to the playpen and noticed it was empty. “Good question, actually,” She said to her young charge. “I just hope they’re together, wherever they are. They’re obviously not here. And knowing Sweetie Belle, she’ll probably have some knowledge about where that spare potty is.”

So the two exited the nursery, Hoity still clinging to Rarity’s mane and trying to hold back his urge to go as best he could. It was a task becoming harder and harder by the minute.

“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity called as she trotted down the hall. “Sweetie Belle, where are you?! There’s something very important I need to ask of you! And for your sake I sincerely hope Blueblood is with you.”

“Rarity,” Sweetie Belle’s voice called back from a distance. “I’m kind of… busy at the moment.”

The fashionista followed the voice to its source, soon discovering a locked door outside the guest bedroom that Sweetie frequently occupied during her stays at the boutique. “Sweetie Belle, whatever it is, I simply don’t have the luxury of waiting around for you to finish,” She declared while fumbling with the doorknob. “I’m coming in there whether you’re ready or not!”

“No! Rarity, wait!” Sweetie Belle tried to call out in warning, but was too late to prevent her older sister from forcing her way inside!

Immediately, the familiar voice of Blueblood screamed and eeped! “Do ya mind?! Ya awways say it wude to bwage on othew ponies wen tey going potty!”

Sure enough, as Rarity and Hoity Toity entered the guest bedroom it was possible for them to see Blueblood off in a corner of the room. He was currently seated upon that spare training potty Rarity had so desperately been searching for, and Sweetie Belle was standing in the opposite corner of the room with her head turned (so as to give Blueblood at least the illusion of privacy).

Both mare and foal breathed a sigh of relief. The fashionista even blushed upon realizing her mistake. “Oh, terrible sorry, Blueblood, darling. I didn’t know you were...” She coughed into a hoof. “Occupied.”

“Sorry, Rarity,” Sweetie apologized without turning her head to look. “Blueblood said he really had to go. I figured it would be alright if we used the training potty you left behind. But I knew I couldn’t bring him into the bathroom since you were busy training Hoity Toity. I didn’t expect you to be done so soon.”

Rarity cleared her throat. “Well, let’s just say there was an… unexpected development. It would seem Hoity Toity decided now would be a good time to try to get over his fear of the porcelain throne. Seeing as he is rather determined, I was at least hoping to use this training potty’s special seat to make things easier for the both of us.”

Blueblood just declared. “Tat’s okay, I awmost done. Ya can use ta seat aftew tat.”

“You’ll have to empty out the potty anyways,” Sweetie Belle pointed out. “I just figured it would be better if Blueblood didn’t… well… make your workshop smell.”

“Fair point,” Rarity agreed as she waited for the other foal in her care to finish his “royal duties”. “Obviously, now that I have two foals in potty training, I’m going to have start making some adjustments to my boutique to accommodate them: A new bathroom or at least another toilet seems necessary, as does a separate bedroom for when they’re older and can no longer sleep in cribs.” She made a mental note in her head to seek out somepony to help her plan out the add-ons at a date in the near future.


Blueblood finished up a moment later, proudly standing up as he declared! “Aww done, Wawity! I a big pony now, wight?”

The fashionista flashed a motherly smile as Sweetie Belle turned her head. “Maybe. But it takes more than one successful trip to the potty to prove you have mastered it, Blueblood. Potty training is not an overnight thing, you know,” Then she used her magic to produce some wet wipes that had been built into the potty’s side. “Now just hold still and let me clean you up.”

Sweetie quickly offered (upon seeing the look on Hoity Toity’s face). “I’ll do the wiping, Rarity! You take the potty and Hoity Toity back to the bathroom while you still have time! Just be careful when it’s time to flush!”

The older unicorn nodded. “Don’t worry, I will be,” She quickly floated the wet wipes over to her little sister, then picked up the potty with her magic, and with Hoity Toity still clinging to her mane she made a mad dash back down the hall to the bathroom! “Just hold on, Hoity Toity! We’ve nearly made it!”

“I twying!” Hoity Toity insisted even as his face was starting to turn a shade of red from his efforts. He wasn’t sure he could hold back his urge to go for much longer without having a problem.

Fortunately, the little colt was back in the bathroom in what seemed like the blink of an eye. And he watched as Rarity removed the special seat from the training potty she’d brought with her, floating over to and on top of the toilet seat while setting the rest of the potty down nearby. “There we go,” She declared and then picked Hoity Toity up in the soft glow of her horn. “Just don’t wiggle around and we should both be okay. If you think you’re going to fall in, let me know and I’ll do my best to catch you. I promise, I won’t let you go down the drain.”

“Otay,” Hoity agreed as he was delicately floated onto the seat and his diaper pulled down again, this time removed from him completely and set aside. Compared to the coldness of the toilet seat, this special seat felt much warmer and much softer, almost like he was still sitting on his diaper even though he knew he wasn’t. And with the reassurance provided by Rarity’s magic, he was able to finally relax even as he saw the older pony turn her head so to as give him some privacy. It wasn’t long before he heard some plops and splashes, and he knew what that meant! “Yay! I did it! I go potty in ta toiwet!” He cheered!

Rarity smiled as she turned her head back around, seemingly not even bothered by the smell. “Good job, Hoity Toity. See? When you do it the right way, the toilet is perfectly safe even for a foal your age,” She promptly produced some toilet paper from the nearby roll and wiped Hoity’s rump clean. She then used her magic to place him up on top of the toilet and instructed. “Stay there for a moment while I empty out the training potty.”

Hoity obeyed, watching as Rarity picked up the training potty and poured its contents into the toilets with ease thanks to her magic. Then he was floated back onto the special seat and brought close to the handle. A great look of uncertainty crossed his eyes.

“Go on!” The fashionista encouraged whie continuing to smile.“You’ll be safe with me!”

The little earth pony reluctantly put one of his little hooves on the handle. He hesitated for a moment, remembering what had happened the last time he’d made it this far and fearful of history repeating itself even with Rarity on hoof seemingly to prevent it. But he’d already come this far, he couldn’t turn back now even if he wanted to. So, plucking up courage, he pushed the handle with all the might he had and was able to force it down.

Right on cue, the toilet roared to life as the flush cycle began! The loud noise again taking Hoity by surprise even though he knew it was coming! Thankfully, Rarity didn’t loosen her magical grip on him for even a second and held him in place as the toilet bowl turned into a swirling, raging, dizzying whirlpool that swept up everything inside! Then it all rapidly swirled down the hole at the bottom and disappeared, the water in the bowl refilling as the flush cycle ended.

Hoity was floated down from the toilet a moment later and the special seat soon followed. “Tank you, Wawity!” Hoity Hoity leapt up and hugged the unicorn as best he could!

Rarity just cooed. “Oh, it was my pleasure, darling. I’m glad I could help you conquer your fear,” Then she cleared her throat. “Just to be safe though, you are only to use the toilet and only to flush it so long as I’m around to assist you. And the same will be true for Blueblood.”

“Otay, tat faiw,” Hoity agreed as he was then brought to the sink to wash his hooves. “So, when me get to weaw puww-ups?”

“Not until you have more consistent success with your potty training,” The fashionista told him as she floated his previously discarded diaper over and put it back on him. “Even yours truly didn’t become fully potty trained in a day, much as I wish I had. It is certainly acceptable to have a few bumps in the road on the way to success. So long as you keep at it though, I’m confident you and Blueblood will both be fully potty trained and in pull-ups before you know it. After all, it was thanks to my efforts that Sweetie Belle was able to quickly catch up to her peers in potty training after lagging behind them.”

From down the hall the voice of Sweetie Belle could be heard whining! “Rarity!”

Hoity Toity just giggled. He was sure to tell Blueblood this the next chance he got.

PreviousChapters Next