• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Training The Natural Way (Tree Hugger)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Comedy] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Tree Hugger] [OC]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12

Mr. and Mrs. Hugger were a most unusual earth pony couple. They insisted on a close bond with not just one another but also with Mother Nature. They would always mention something about “true earth pony magic”, but everypony else just viewed them as weird and gave them a wide berth.

Yet the two lived a happy life together in a humble little building in Baltimare. It was the perfect place to live if one wanted to be close to nature, especially since it was the founding city for the Equestrian Society for the Preservation of Rare Creatures, which is where Mr. and Mrs. Hugger had first met and fallen in love.

It was of little surprise that their daughter, Tree Hugger, quickly took on their mannerisms and seemingly carefree attitude. She made very little fuss during feedings, enjoying mashed up versions of the fruits that Mother Nature bestowed. She got plenty of milk from her mother, and from cows raised on farms that didn’t use pesticides or other things that contaminated the soil and the air. And of course, whenever she needed to “clense her chakras” as it were, her cloth diapers were more than up to the task.

“No mess ,no fuss.” Her parents always said whenever they helped Tree Hugger complete the cleansing process. And then her cloth diapers would be set aside to be washed and cleaned out at a later time.

So the three earth ponies lived in happiness and in bliss for a couple of years. It was of no concern to Tree Hugger’s parents that other foals (and their parents) found her to be quite odd. They had long since accepted that “non-believers” would view their passionate ways as eccentric and out there.

Of course, the Hugger family couldn’t get by completely depending on nature for everything. They did have a few modern conveniences as necessary: Among them were sinks, a bath tub and connecting shower head, and a modest flush lavatory (they saw no need for the more “conformist” throne model). Mr. and Mrs. Hugger used it as necessary, seeing as it was uncivilized to fertilize the soil all the time.

And it was on the subject of this flush lavatory that Mr. and Mrs. Hugger had their first true disagreement: Whether or not they should teach Tree Hugger how to use it instead of her diapers (they had already taught her when it was and wasn’t acceptable to answer nature’s call in nature itself).

Mr. Hugger was considerably more skeptical than his wife about the necessity of having Tree Hugger undergo lavatory training. Perhaps it was understandable when the somewhat small in stature stallion had been a late convert to many of the things his wife had embraced from early in life. But she always seemed to have a way with words, especially since she was taller than most mares her age.

“Dear, are you absolutely certain it is necessary to teach our little Tree about the flush lavatory?” Mr. Hugger inquired one evening. “We don’t really go through that many diapers with her. And she’s always good about notifying us when she has cleansed her chakras and is in need of cleaning.”

Mrs. Hugger firmly replied. “Since ponies have a problem with doing one’s business wherever, despite it being good for the soil, we have very little choice. The flush lavatory is quite hygienic, and ours is a low-flush model so it uses very little water. It’s as we tell our little Tree all the time: No mess, no fuss. She must be trained.”

Mr. Hugger still wasn’t convinced. “But what if she doesn’t want to give up her cloth diapers?” He asked his wife. He started pacing the floor as several thoughts flooded his mind. “What if she refuses to use the flush lavatory? What if she starts hoarding her diapers and using them as needed? Or what if she comes to view the lavatory as a monster? Or what if she accidentally flushes herself down the drain? Or what if…”

Mrs. Hugger brought up a hoof to silence her husband. “Dear, you mustn’t worry. Our little Tree has been fine with everything we’ve ever done for her before. Lavatory training shall be no different. And if anything does happen, which it won’t, we’ll be on hoof to handle it together. Now relax. If you’re nervous or worried, Tree will pick up on it. That will do us no good at all. We will do it, and our little Tree will not mind it in the slightest.”


Tree Hugger was very much inclined to “go with the flow”, go along with whatever it is her parents wanted her to do. So, when they took her by the hoof and led her to a mostly isolated section of the house, she didn’t mind. “Where we going?” She asked in that laid back, unconcerned tone that she had picked up from her parents. If they weren’t afraid or worried, neither was she.

“It is time you learned of a new way to cleanse your chakras,” Mrs. Hugger explained to her daughter. “A way that is acceptable to ponies regardless of what they believe.” She then gestured a hoof to a little elevated trench with a brightly colored pedal, and what looked like a shower nozzle on a small stand next to it.

Tree Hugger eyed the elevated trench, noticing that water seemed to be flowing in it like a little river or pond. “Use this?” She asked as she turned to look at her mother and her father.

Mr. and Mrs. Hugger both nodded, and Mr. Hugger took the lead in explaining. “Indeed, Tree Hugger. It is really quite simple, even simpler than what you’re already used to doing. First, we remove the diaper. You shall not need to wear them any longer. You will learn how to feel the rhythm of your body’s magic as it flows through you, its subtle changes and fluctuations.” He was quick to put actions to his words, using a hoof to take off the cloth diaper his daughter was wearing.

Mrs. Hugger then helped her daughter get into position. “Line yourself up with the flush lavatory, position yourself like I have showed you. Then, you let it all flow. Empty yourself and cleanse yourself of all is that filthy and dirty. Now you won’t have to worry about carrying it with you until you can be fully cleansed.”

Tree Hugger obeyed. She sighed and relaxed, barely having to push or do anything at all as she could hear tinkles, plops and splashes. And a scent just like when she relieved herself into her cloth diapers reached her nostrils. “No mess, no fuss.” She repeated.

Mrs. Hugger nodded back. “Indeed. Everything remains clean, including you. And this is how we empty the lavatory after it is full.” She stepped onto the brightly colored pedal in front of the trench.

A roar like the rushing of water over a waterfall reached the foal’s ears. She looked down into the trench to see the water rushing rapidly. It was so powerful, so loud, yet so peaceful and relaxing. It took everything away with no trouble at all. And it brought back sparkling clean water while also removing the smell.

“And now, we just clean up using the sprayer.” Mr. Hugger instructed. He helped his daughter with using it, hoping she would be able to learn for repeat trips.

“Wow!” Tree Hugger said afterward. “That was so easy! No mess, no fuss, everything stays nice and clean. Flush lavatory is so radical! It has such a lovely vibe.”

“Yes, Tree Hugger,” Mr. Hugger agreed. “It is one of the conveniences of modern times. It is one of the ways in which everypony shows respect for Mother Nature. Things like the flush lavatory ensure our waste does not contaminate our surroundings and make us sick. It ensures our waste is confined to where it is needed and to where it can do no harm. And with it, you no longer need to worry about carrying your mess with you after you’ve cleansed your chakras.”

Mrs. Hugger added. “When you do it good enough, you will earn something even more rewarding. Ponies have recently invented something to encourage foals your age to perfect usage of the lavatory. But what is most important is that you come to understand your body’s signals, and realize when you must act upon them.”

PreviousChapters Next