• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Bonds in the Bathroom (Sky Stinger)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Comedy]
Characters: [Sky Stinger] [Vapor Trail] [Mr. Trail] [Mrs. Trail]
Written By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: A continuation of “Foalish Fantasy”.

Curious to know what the other development in foal care that her parents had mentioned was, Vapor Trail quickly took to using the big pony potty (otherwise known as the toilet). Every successful trip boosted her confidence and slowly but surely eroded her fear of it being a monster.

Eventually, her parents decided the time had come to reward their daughter for making so much progress in her potty training in so short an amount of time. And that reward was something called “Pull-Ups”. They were kind of like diapers except not as poofy (or absorbent). Compared to the plain white of foal diapers, these undergarments sported colorful designs that would fade away if the pull-up was “used”. They were also considerably easier to slip on and slip off, which made trips to the toilet a lot easier for all involved.

Then one day, Vapor Trail’s parents had another surprise to tell her about. “Guess what, my little Vapor?” Mr. Trail asked his daughter.

“What?” Vapor Trail asked while fluttering about in her pull-ups.

Mrs. Trail smiled as she explained. “Word of your incredible success has spread throughout Cloudsdale. And it just so happens that there’s a family who has need of your incredible skills.”

Mr. Trail then added. “You know Sky Stinger, right? You two have been practically inseparable since the day you met each other.”

Vapor Trail nodded. She had nothing but fond memories of all the playdates she’d had with Sky Stinger, particularly the ones where she went over to his house because it was so big (due in part to him having a big family whereas Vapor was an only child). “Yeah, me know Sky,” And she seemed to realize what was going to be asked of her. “Me gonna teach Sky about big pony potty?”

“To an extent, yes,” Mrs. Trail smiled again. “He’s going to be spending the weekend with us, and his parents are hoping you’ll help us get him potty trained. They’ve been trying for a while now but he hasn’t met with much success. A bright filly like you might be able to help him though, give him somepony to emulate.”

“What that mean?” Vapor inquired with a puzzled expression.

Mr. Trail just told his daughter. “It means copy or follow. Basically, if he can see from you how potty training is supposed to work, his parents are hopeful he’ll start doing the same. Think you can do that, my little Vapor?”

Vapor nodded once again as the little filly buzzed her wings. “Uh-huh, me big pony! I teach Sky to help his mommy and daddy.”

Mr. and Mrs. Trail happily smiled, their daughter’s optimism was a good sign. They weren’t exactly sure what hang-ups Sky Stinger might have, but whatever they were they were confident that Vapor Trail was just the sort of positive role model he needed to overcome them. And so the arrangements were set.


Sky Stinger was a tad bit nervous about spending a weekend away from his parents, even if it would be in the care of Vapor Trail’s parents. But it had been so long since he’d last been over, and apparently a lot had changed since then.

Vapor Trail either didn’t notice or didn’t care about her friend’s worries as she happily fluttered over to greet him when he arrived. “Hi, Sky!” She cheerfully declared. “I so glad you comig over! We gonna have so much fun!”

Sky slowly nodded. “Yeah, me hope so,” Then he noticed the unusual undergarment his fellow foal was wearing. It didn’t look like any kind of diaper he’d seen before. It was brightly colored and sported cartoonish sketches of what he assumed were The Wonderbolts. “Say, what that ya wearing? It some kind of new diapee?”

Vapor shook her head as she proudly proclaimed. “Nu-uh. Is a pull-up. They brand new, proof that I a big pony.”

The little colt questioned. “Big pony?”

Vapor nodded and continued to smile and declare.”Yeah-huh. Mommy and Daddy say I big pony because I go potty in big pony potty: They call it toilet.”

“That that thing in bathroom that make scary sounds?” Sky inquired as he shuddered a little and shook with fear. He thought he had glanced at such a device once or twice before but only for a brief second at most. Aside from that he had only what his big sister had told him to go on, and she used all kinds of weird terms and big words that he didn’t understand.

“Yeah, it can be scary,” The little filly agreed with her friend. “But it not that scary once ya know what to do. I gonna show ya how, that what Mommy and Daddy say.”

Sky Stinger gulped. If that was true then his friend was a lot braver than he was to go near such an unfamiliar (at least to him) object. “Ya really gonna do that?”

Vapor Trail replied with a firm. “Uh-huh,” And then added. “Ya wanna be big pony and wear pull-ups like me, right?”

“So, me have to use big pony potty to get them? No use diapees?” Sky commented as he looked down at himself. “Diapees so soft and comfortable. Me no wanna have to give them up.”

“Pull-ups just like diapees,” Vapor explained. “Tey way easier to put on and take off, and they not weigh as much. Besides, big pony potty is easy to use. Ya just do what I do.”

Sky reluctantly agreed. “O-okay, if ya sure.”

Vapor smiled as she hugged her friend. “Ya just gotta wait until ya think ya have to go. Then we go to bathroom, and I help ya take care of the rest.”


Unfortunately for little Sky, it was quite a while before he even began to feel the need to “go”. And it was when he and Vapor had been set down for a nap in Vapor’s bedroom/nursery (apparently, she was going to be getting her own big pony bed eventually, whatever that was). Waking up with a start, the pegasus colt began to gentle nudge his friend to try to wake her up. “Vapor. Vapor,” He whispered. “Me need ya help.”

The little filly slowly but surely opened her eyes, looking up and instantly seeing the look of desperation on her fellow pegasus foal’s face. She stretched her hooves. “Okay. Let’s go to bathroom now. That where big pony potty at.” And she began to flap her wings, slowly rising out of the crib she and her friend were in.

Sky followed as best he could, concentrating more than he ever had done before on not going. It was hard to do, but he knew he had to do it if he ever wanted to be like Vapor. He secretly wished he could be as brave as her, maybe then he’d get more attention from his parents who seemed to either praise his big sister or spend all their time doting on his younger sisters.

Fortunately for Sky and Vapor, the bathroom wasn’t far from where they were. It was a short flight to reach it, and Vapor Trail was quite skilled in pushing the closed door open so they could get inside. There wasn’t much in the way of light, but that didn’t seem to stop Vapor (or Sky who followed his friend’s lead).

Soon, the toilet stood before the foals in all its gleaming white glory. It probably wasn’t that big or that high off the ground, but to the foals it seemed absolutely massive.

Sky Stinger stepped back and shivered with fright, but Vapor Trail wasn’t intimidated for a second. She seemed to stare down at the bowl shaped object as if it were alive. “Don’t worry,” She reassured Sky. “Me made monster go away. It not gonna hurt ya if ya do what I do.”

Sky unconvincingly stepped forward a little. “Ya sure? Me not not so sure me wanna use it now.”

Vapor huffed as she flew over to her friend. “Ya wanna be big pony, right? Wear cool pull-ups like me do?”

The little colt reluctantly nodded. “Y-yeah, but…”

The little filly simply replied by bringing her hooves to her fellow foal’s diaper. “Then you gotta do what me do and use big pony potty. First, ya gotta take off diapee. Mommy and Daddy say ya can’t use big pony potty if ya wearing diapee.” With a bit of hoof work she was able to make the padded undergarment slide down her friend’s legs all the way until it reached the floor.

“Okay, now what?” Sky reluctantly asked even though he knew what was coming next, the actual usage of that “big pony potty”.

“Now me gotta open lid so ya can sit on special cloud seat Mommy and Daddy made for me,” Vapor explained. “Me use it every time me use big pony potty. It not work if lid closed.” She flew up towards said lid, trying and straining with all her might as she flapped her little wings. Slowly but surely, she was making progress.

Meanwhile, as the lid was being raised, Sky had fluttered close to the toilet in preparation for “using” it. As he did so, his wandering eyes caught sight of something that attracted his attention. It seemed to be some kind of ramp like object coated in a shining silver. With his curiosity getting the best of him, he flew close to it. “What silver thing for?” He asked Vapor.

Without looking back at her friend, Vapor replied. “That what make big pony potty flush. It like magic trick, it make everything you do in big pony potty disappear. But me not know how it works.”

Now curious as to what this “flush” was and how it worked, the little colt decided to find out for himself. So he flew towards the silver colored object, and straining himself much like Vapor was straining lift up the lid, he was able to press it down.


Everything seemed to happen at once. There was a barely audible click as the silver object was pressed down all the way. Then there came a faint rumble, almost like a roar. By chance, Sky happened to look down right at the very moment that the “flush” activated. And what he saw terrified him!

There was a lot of water in the bowl just underneath the cloud seat. And it was spinning rapidly, almost like a whirlpool or something. It spun around and around in a dizzying motion, apparently circling some kind of hole at the bottom of the bowl! It looked like that hole was where everything was supposed to “disappear” to, which is exactly what happened as the waters retreated down the bowl without warning! There was a gurgling sound and the roar stopped, then the water slowly refilled the bowl as if nothing had happened.

Sky Stinger landed on the cloud seat just as the “flush” ended. He had seen far more than he wanted to see! That hole looked big enough to swallow him whole, to say nothing of that rapidly spinning water looking like it came right up to the cloud seat while also rendering escape impossible! It was way too scary and dangerous! “Me no wanna use big pony potty anymore!” He declared right then and there.

Vapor Trail fluttered down onto the cloud seat as she replied. “Why not, Sky? It safe.”

Sky was anything but convinced. “Nu-uh, it dangerous! It look like it could eat me! Me no wanna get eaten!”

Vapor shook her head. “Mommy and Daddy say me make monster go away, me not in danger of being eaten. So you not in danger either.”

“Nu-uh, me totally in danger!” Sky protested! “If me not careful, me gonna disappear! Me no wanna disappear!”

“But Sky-” Vapor tried to plead.

Sky only turned his head and stuck out his tongue. “Me no wanna be big pony if me have to use big pony potty! It way too scary and dangerous for me! Me prefer diapees, they safer!” Then he fluttered down from the cloud toilet seat, quickly making his way over to his discarded diaper as he pulled it back up.

Vapor frowned as she watched her friend promptly do his business in his diaper. He was so close to going in the toilet like she always did. But then again, he didn’t know what she knew and he didn’t have the support and encouragement her parents had offered her to help her overcome her fear. Try as she might, she was no mommy or daddy. She couldn’t reassure Sky that his fears were nothing, she really didn’t know for sure that he couldn’t be sucked down that hole at the bottom of the toilet bowl.

If only there were something that could be a valid alternative. Briefly, Vapor thought of what ponies apparently used to use before toilets came long. But then she shook her head, she had never seen any of those so called chamber pots around her house and doubted that Sky’s parents would still have them. She also knew that just going under a cloud while outside was no longer considered acceptable either.

If only there was a smaller, portable version of the big pony potty that Sky could use. Something like those chamber pots but also not like those chamber pots.

Alas, Vapor Trail couldn’t think of what that something might be. Maybe it hadn’t been invented yet.

Sky Stinger sighed as he looked at his now sagging diaper. “Guess me not ready to be big pony yet like you, Vapor. That okay though, me sure me get it eventually.”

At that moment, Vapor fluttered down and over to her friend. “It okay, me not entirely ready to be big pony either,” She declared as she decided then and there to “accidentally” go in her pull-up. “See?” She said after opening her floodgates. “Even big ponies like me still have accidents sometimes. Now me need to be changed like you do. We can be big ponies together when we ready.”

The little colt replied. “Ya no have to do that for me. Me okay with ya being big pony and not wearing diapees like me.”

The little filly just reassured her friend. “Me kind of miss diapees and not wanna have to give them up. Me tell Mommy and Daddy that me wanna still be in diapees while ya here. Maybe they help you like they help me.”

Sky hugged Vapor as he smiled. “Ya the best, Vapor. Me no deserve a friend like you.”

Vapor only smiled back. “Of course ya do, Sky. We need to stick together, that what friends for.” And so it was that the two began to bond right there in the bathroom. A bond that would propel both into the Wonderbolts as Vapor silently vowed to do whatever she could to boost Sky’s confidence whenever he wasn’t sure of himself.

PreviousChapters Next