• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,510 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,510

PreviousChapters Next
Sugarcube Swirls (Mr. and Mrs. Cake)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Slice of Life] [Comedy]
Characters: [Mr.Cake] [Mrs. Cake] [Flurry Heart] [Twilight] [Pinkie Pie]
Written By: RalphKennedy756
Note: A continuation of “Flurry’s Potty Pals” and “Bein’ Big is All It Takes”.

After an eventful day in which Flurry Heart twice ran away with her own idea of “potty pals”, Twilight was nevertheless glad to see her favorite (and thus far only) niece making substantial progress in her potty training. It hadn’t worked exactly as the elder alicorn had intended, but she was still happy that Flurry seemed to be taking to the idea of using her potty.

So the next day, Twilight decided to reward her niece with another trip to Sugarcube Corner while her parents were out shopping for Flurry’s new “big filly pants”. “Now Flurry, remember,” Twilight told her niece as the two approached the bakery. “You’re a big filly now, so whenever you have to go you make sure you tell a grown-up.”

Flurry nodded. “Uh-huh, one of my potty pals.”

Twilight sighed. “Well, your potty pals aren’t always going to be around, you know. You have to learn how to use your potty all by yourself.”

Flurry nodded again. “Me know, but me love potty pals! They make potty time fun!”

The elder alicorn held back a groan. This “potty pals” idea was working a little too well in her opinion, but given the alternative of having to change diapers it seemed like the lesser of two evils. She could work on easing her niece off of the idea over time, hopefully before she had to go back to the Crystal Empire with her parents (though Twilight did get a chuckle of her brother being roped into the role of “potty pal” for Flurry).

Soon afterward, Twilight and Flurry Heart entered Sugarcube Corner proper. This time, Pinkie Pie was not behind the counter but Mr. and Mrs. Cake were.

“Hello, Twilight,” Mr. Cake cheerfully greeted. “And hello to you too, Flurry Heart.”

Mrs. Cake then cooed. “I hear somepony has become a big filly and started using the potty.” And she proceeded to boop the little filly’s nose, making Flurry giggle.

Twilight happily nodded as she talked to the bakers. “Yes, Flurry Heart is indeed a big filly now. Her potty rebel days are firmly behind her. Though I can’t take all the credit,” After nervously looking around she confessed. “Pinkie Pie’s idea of being ‘potty pals’ for Flurry was the big difference maker,” And eager to change the subject she inquired. “Where is Pinkie Pie, anyway?”

“Oh, she’s upstairs tending to the twins,” Mr. Cake answered and quickly offered. “Do you want me to tell her you’re here with Flurry Heart so the two of you can slip into your roles again? She told us everything after we found the twins’ emergency night time stash had been depleted.”

“No!” Twilight shouted, a bit too loudly as she realized that she was probably drawing unwanted attention. “I mean, that won’t be necessary. I’m kind of trying to wean Flurry Heart off the idea after what she did with the Cutie Mark Crusaders yesterday.”

Mrs. Cake only grinned. “It’s okay, Twilight. Pinkie was the twins’ designated potty pal for over a year while we were potty training them. But now they have no trouble going potty all by themselves. In fact, pretty soon we’re gonna start transitioning them to the big pony potty: The toilet. Isn’t that right, honey bun?” She nudged her husband in the side.

Mr. Cake responded. “Yup. We’ve got everything all set up. We were planning to do it today actually, but after hearing about what happened yesterday we kind of thought it’d be best if we waited until Flurry Heart went back to the Crystal Empire. That way things won’t be as… crazy for lack of a better term.”

While all the grown-ups were talking to one another, Flurry Heart was becoming bored and restless. She especially wanted to see her “Auntie Pinkie Pie” again and have some fun with her like she’d done yesterday. It was that pink pony who’d taught the younger alicorn just how much fun potty training could be after all.

Suddenly, the little alicorn felt something inside of her. It wasn’t the signals for potty time that she’d begun learning how to identify, it was something else. It was a twitch on the tip of her nose, and her horn was beginning to spark ever so faintly! Try as she might, the heir to the crystal throne couldn’t hold back the urge as she shut her eyes!

Twilight only just happened to look down to see her niece’s troubled face, and reflexively shouted! “She’s gonna blow!” Then she hastily threw up a magic shield to protect herself!


“Achoo!” Flurry Heart audibly sneezed as some sparks shot out from her horn!

Mr. and Mrs. Cake ducked for cover behind the counter, but all of a sudden they felt something hit them and the next thing they knew they were surrounded by a puff of smoke.

Twilight coughed as the smoke slowly dissipated. “Are you okay, Flurry?” She asked her niece.

Flurry slowly nodded. “Uh-huh,” And she apologized. “Me sorry, Auntie Twily.”

The elder alicorn just reassured her charge. “It’s alright, you couldn’t help it. I should’ve been paying more attention to you and we could’ve resolved this sooner,” She then looked to the counter as she said. “It’s alright, Mr. and Mrs. Cake. You can come back up now, the coast is clear.”

But a squeaky, high pitched version of Mr. Cake’s voice just replied. “Uh, Twilight. I think we’ve got a problem.”

“Yeah,” Mrs. Cake agreed, her voice just as high pitched and squeaky. “A big problem, like really big!”

At that moment, Pinkie Pie happened to come bouncing down from upstairs. “Hey, Twilight,” She greeted. “You ready to...” But then her wandering blue eyes happened to see behind the counter, and what she saw made her gasp! “What in the name of pink?!” She immediately rushed over as though she’d seen a ghost.

Twilight (with Flurry in tow) ran over to join her friend, and together they saw a sight they almost couldn’t believe: There were Mr. and Mrs. Cake, now looking no bigger than their children with pudgy little hooves and tiny bodies.

“Oopsie!” Flurry Heart declared with a blush upon realizing how it was that two “grown-ups” could be reduced to such a tiny state in so short an amount of time.

“Twilight, you’ve gotta change ‘em back!” Pinkie pleaded! “Mr. and Mrs. Cake can’t be reduced to foals!”

Twilight promptly lit up her horn, concentrating to the best of her ability around the two bakers turned toddlers. But after a flash from her horn, nothing had changed. Undeterred, she tried again and again to no avail. “Flurry Heart, what did you do?!” She asked her niece. “I can’t undo the age spell you placed on the Cakes.”

The young alicorn whimpered and shrank from her Auntie Twily’s gaze. “Me no mean to make them so small,” She innocently insisted. “Sometimes, me turn other ponies into foals by accident when me sneeze. But they always go back to normal eventually. It never last.”

Twilight sighed, putting a hoof to her forehead. “Well, I guess we’re gonna have to settle for that. I have no idea what kind of age spell I’m working with, and I can’t just teleport back to the castle to do research.”

“Why not?” Pinkie Pie questioned. “I can handle Flurry Heart and the Cakes, and the twins too. I think.”

“And also manage Sugarcube Corner?” Twilight retorted and received silence as her reply. “That’s what I thought. You’re going to have your hooves full, Pinkie. This time especially, you have to let me help you. Remember the lesson you learned from the twins about taking on more responsibility than you can handle?”

The pink party pony reluctantly sighed. “Guess you’re right, Twilight,” Then she declared. “Though, I think it’ll be better if we just close up Sugarcube Corner. I don’t think Mr. and Mrs. Cake would want anypony to see them like this.”

Mrs. Cake blushed, looking down at her chubby self. “Yeah, it’d be way too weird. There’s no way honey bun and I could manage, everything’s too big for us now and you two are gonna have your hooves full just keeping Flurry Heart and the twins in line.”

Just then, Mr. Cake started to whimper as he fidgeted and crossed his legs. “Uh, I suppose now would be a bad time to mention I have to go potty?”

Flurry Heart quickly got an idea! “Ya two can be me new potty pals today! Me love making more potty pals!”

Mr. Cake just replied. “I guess we can fill the role, but right now I really gotta go!”

“I think I have to too,” Mrs. Cake sheepishly chimed in. “So I guess now it’s up to us to teach Flurry how to use the potty.”

Twilight moved quickly to snatch up the regressed bakers before looking to Pinkie. “You hang up a ‘Closed’ sign on the front door and then check on the twins. I’ll take care of bathroom duty this time.”

The pink party pony gave a salute. “Yes ma’am! Will do!” And she bounced away to carry out her assigned task as Twilight lit up her horn and teleported away.


In a flash, Twilight brought all three foals in her care to one of Sugarcube Corner’s public bathrooms (thankfully unoccupied). Then she plopped Flurry Heart’s pink training potty down near one of the stalls. “Alright, who wants to be first?” She asked between Mr. and Mrs. Cake.

“You go first, honey bun,” Mrs. Cake encouraged her husband. “You always said you weren’t as good at holding it when you were a little colt.”

“But sugar plum,” Mr. Cake protested even as his legs remained crossed. “You weren’t much better from what you told me. I don’t want either of us making a mess that Twilight has to clean up.”

“But there’s only one potty!” Mrs. Cake protested.

Mr. Cake shook his head, he had an idea. “Nu-uh. There’s another potty we can use. You know, the big one.”

Mrs. Cake gasped! “You mean the toilet?! Honey bun, I don’t think that’s a good idea. Please, just use Flurry Heart’s potty. I can hold it longer than you can.”

The regressed stallion protested again. “You’re gonna use the potty, and I’m gonna use the toilet. It is the stallion’s room after all. Now come on!” He hurriedly pushed his wife towards the pink training potty and then scrambled into the nearby stall, locking eyes with the porcelain throne itself.

Twilight moved to quickly light up her horn. “Let me help with you that,” She told Mr. Cake as she used her magic to carefully float him onto the toilet seat. “There. Comfy?”

Mr. Cake nodded as he saw his wife reluctantly move to sit down on Flurry Heart’s training potty, even while she was keeping one very watchful eye on him from outside the stall. “Yeah,” Then he blushed. “Uh, you can look away now. I’ll tell you when I’m done and need your help again.”

“Just don’t fall in.” Mrs. Cake pleaded with her husband while Twilight obeyed the instruction (and made sure Flurry Heart’s head was turned too for good measure).

Mr. Cake didn’t bother to reply, he was deep in concentration. He shut his eyes as he felt his tail start to hike upward. After a great deal of effort he felt himself be rewarded for his efforts as he heard something tinkling and splashing into the bowl beneath him. And he could hear at least tinkling sounds from the training potty. At last, he opened his eyes and without looking down he said to Twilight. “I’m done now. And I think sugar plum is too.”

The elder alicorn turned her head back around, inspecting first the training potty and then the toilet. “Oh, wow! Nice job you too!” She cooed with exaggerated praise. “And kudos to you especially, Mr. Cake, for being so brave.”

Mr. Cake blushed. “It was nothing, really,” Then he asked. “Um, can you clean us up? I’ll… take care of the rest.”

“Do be careful, Carrot,” Mrs. Cake warned her husband. “I don’t wanna see you fall in and get flushed away.”

Flurry Heart gulped. “Me could get flushed down big potty?”

“Only if you weren’t careful and didn’t pay attention,” Twilight protested as she used her magic to produce some rolls of toilet paper and wiped both Mr. and Mrs. Cake’s rumps until they were spotless. Then she placed the used rolls in the toilet, before motioning for Mrs. Cake to get off the training potty so its contents could be emptied into the toilet. When that was done, she gave Mr. Cake the go ahead to start the flush cycle. “Mr. Cake will show you how to do it safely.”

The regressed stallion nodded as he carefully extended his little body over to the silver flusher. “To flush, you just push down the lever: Like this!” And with a little bit of help from Twilight he was able to force the flusher down, starting up the flush cycle.

A loud noise quickly commanded Flurry’s attention even though she knew what it was from experience. She fluttered up to be eye level with the toilet, and watched with a transfixed gaze as everything was swept up by a fast spinning, dizzying whirlpool. Then, it all retreated down the hole in the bottom and the cycle ended. The water in the bowl refilled itself, sparkling clean and without a trace of anything.

Mr. Cake was floated down a moment later. “See, Flurry? You just do it like that, and everything will disappear.”

“I could’ve told her that.” Mrs. Cake insisted with a hint of jealousy.

Twilight quickly moved to break up the argument before it could begin in earnest. “Now now, no fighting, you two. That’s not the kind of behavior potty pals should be displaying.”

PreviousChapters Next