• Published 5th Jul 2019
  • 2,478 Views, 179 Comments

Potty Training Tales - SuperPinkBrony12



(A collab with Latecomer, open to all authors. Stories should be SFW with some potential PG content, rated Teen to be safe.) A collection of stories involving various characters undergoing potty training, to varying results.

  • ...
228
 179
 2,478

PreviousChapters Next
Big Muffin, Little Muffin (Derpy)

Author's Note:

Tags: [Comedy] [Slice of Life]
Characters: [Derpy] [Dinky]
By: SuperPinkBrony12
Note: WARNING!: Will contain a grown pony in diapers! Reader discretion is advised! Partially inspired by “Derpy’s potty training” by datspaniard on Furaffinity.

Sometimes being a single parent could be difficult, and Derpy had learned this fact several times over since becoming the proud mother of a unicorn filly named Dinky. She couldn’t really remember who she’d been with when Dinky was conceived, it seemed like the memory was blurred and obscured. It had to be a unicorn though, because Derpy didn’t remember her family ever having unicorns in it (though they did have quite a few earth ponies).

Fortunately, she had her former roommate (now neighbor) Carrot Top to help her. Whenever Carrot Top wasn’t busy dating Noteworthy, she would step in to foalsit Dinky for Derpy, often while Derpy was away due to work.

Being the head mailmare for Ponyville (often times the only one) did allow Derpy to provide for her little filly. But it also meant that she often times wasn’t as involved with her foal’s life as she might like.

Having missed out on her daughter’s first steps and almost missing her daughter’s first word (“Muffin”, Derpy’s favorite food that also served as part of the nickname for her little one: Her little muffin), the pegasus was most determined not to miss any other important milestones in her daughter’s life. And as it turned out there was an aspect of parenthood that was perfectly suited to this. Potty training.

But although she only vaguely remembered her training, Derpy could recall that it had been a nightmare for her parents and for a time it looked like she might never graduate from diapers. Derpy was quite determined that the apple fall far from the tree for her daughter. The last thing she wanted was for her little filly to be sent off to kindergarten, and be teased and mocked for being the only foal in all of Ponyville who still wore diapers.

Derpy’s determination to get her daughter potty trained as quickly as possible soon ran into a problem, though. What was the best approach to ensuring her daughter learned? The mare poured over as many books on the subject matter as she could get her hooves on, often reading over them during her breaks. She also talked it up with a few trusted ponies, namely Carrot Top. But Carrot Top wasn’t that big a help, she had no foals of her own and the only other she looked after was a filly named Noi (who was already potty trained).

Many a sleepless nights ensued as Derpy continued to think about how she was going to approach potty training. She wanted to get it right the first time, maybe so she could prove all the naysayers wrong about her parenting skills, or maybe just because she felt a mother owed to her child to do such a thing.

At last, just when Derpy thought she was going to have to give up and hire a potty training coach (which would be very expensive), an idea came to her. While reading through one of the last books she’d borrowed from the library, a passage caught her wandering wall-eyes. “Children learn best through example, by emulating their peers. Parents should make an attempt to get down to their child’s level and establish a connection.”

The gears in Derpy’s mind started to turn. “I think I know a way to get Dinky to see me on her level. That way she’ll listen to me when I teach her about the potty.” She thought, and began to make preparations.


A few weeks later, Dinky was most surprised to wake up in her crib to the smiling face of her mother. “Good morning, my little muffin,” Derpy lovingly called as she scooped up her foal. “Guess who got the entire day off to spend with you?”

“Mommy?” Dinky guessed.

Derpy nodded and kissed her daughter on the forehead. “Correct! Oh, such a smart little filly you are! Mommy could just eat you up.” She proceeded to blow a raspberry into her daughter’s tummy, which made Dinky giggle and kick her little legs.

“No, Mommy!” Dinky playfully replied while laughing over and over again.

Derpy simply laughed back, before moving a hoof to inspect her daughter’s diaper. She pressed a hoof to it and felt it crinkle as it compressed. “All nice and clean, good.” She cooed, setting her daughter down onto the floor.

It was now that Dinky got to see all of her mother, and the foal’s eyes were drawn to something that hugged her mother’s rear end tightly. It looked kind of like a big pillow, except for the noticeable tapes on the sides that held it in place. Dinky blinked as she questioned. “Mommy? Why are you wearing a diaper?”

The mare laughed as she patted her padding. “Because Mommy wants to be on your level. And so that Mommy can show you how to do something that everypony your age has to do.” She delivered the last line with a knowing wink.

The foal was more than a little surprised. “What do you mean?”

Derpy just waddled over, lowering herself to her daughter’s level and patting her on the forehead (taking care to avoid the horn which was a very sensitive area). “I’ll show you after breakfast, Dinky. Can you do Mommy a favor and keep your diapers clean until then?”

Dinky nodded, she never disobeyed an order from her mother. “Okay, I’ll do that.”

“Good,” Derpy smiled. “Now let’s take you down to your playpen, and Mommy will get started on breakfast. We’ll have muffins!”

Dinky’s mouth began to water, it was always a special occasion whenever her mom made muffins. The last time it had been as a celebration for her first word. But the foal wondered what warranted muffins being made this time? Well, she could find out later.


Despite wearing a thick diaper, Derpy had no more trouble than usual making breakfast. She actually kind of liked the way her padding moved with her, crinkling ever so softly and giving her movements a slight waddle.

When breakfast was ready, Derpy picked up Dinky and carefully placed the foal in her highchair, before Derpy sat down in the chair next to it. Her diaper crinkled again when she did so, and then she tied a bib around herself and her daughter.

Breakfast itself came and went without much fanfare for the two ponies. But as soon as Derpy had cleaned the dishes (and her daughter) the time came for her demonstration. She made it a point to march her still diapered daughter into the bathroom. Standing near the toilet was a plastic bowl with three flowers painted on it.

Dinky eyed the strange object with a mix of amazement and confusion. “Mommy, what dat?

Derpy’s smile grew wider as she proudly declared. “It’s a potty, Dinky. It’s what big ponies use instead of diapers. And you wanna be a big pony, right?”

Dinky nodded her head. “I want to be a big pony, just like you!” But her eagerness was quickly replaced by concern as she commented. “But how do I use the potty? And do I have to give up my diapers?”

“Not until you’ve mastered the potty. That’s what potty training is for,” Derpy proudly explained. “From now on, if you feel like you have to go, you can come and get me and I’ll take you to the potty. As for how you use it, it’s easy. I’ll show you. First you gotta take off your diaper,” She made it a point to pull down her daughter’s diaper a second later. “Then you just trot over to the potty and sit down,” That was exactly what the pegasus did. “Then you just do your business. When you’re done, I’ll clean you up and empty your potty into the toilet and I will flush it all away. Eventually, if you get good at it you can do it all yourself. Well, except for the emptying part. But you’ll see why when I show you.”

Derpy stood up and prepared to pick up the potty to empty it in the toilet. But that was when she noticed something was off. She looked into the bowl, but saw nothing. That couldn’t be right though, she distinctly remembered using it. “I don’t get it, what went wrong?” She innocently wondered. “I know I used the potty. How come it’s empty? It doesn’t empty itself.”

Dinky started to snicker quite audibly as she gestured a hoof. “Mommy, you are so silly. You forget to take off your own diaper.”

Derpy finally looked down at her padding, and a close inspection indicated that it had been used. The pegasus mare quickly put two and two together. She now knew why the potty was empty. “Oops, my bad!” She declared as her cheeks flushed a bright shade of red.

“Mommy need a diaper change?” Dinky innocently offered even as she couldn’t stop laughing.

“I… guess so,” The pegasus mare reluctantly replied, deciding it best to humor her offspring about the embarrassing situation. “And uh… just so you know, Mommy did that on purpose. That way you could see how not to use the potty. So don’t do what Mommy did and you’ll be fine.”

The foal just nodded, continuing to giggle. This was an experience that was going to be ingrained into her memory for a VERY long time.


Derpy quickly set to work on cleaning herself up and changing, leaving Dinky in the bathroom just to make sure her filly didn’t wander off.

Suddenly, Dinky felt the familiar urge that was building up inside her. Luckily, her diaper had been pulled down by Derpy. So Dinky sat down on the potty and did her business. This made Derpy very happy as she replied. “You did it, my little muffin! I am so proud of you. Now hold still so I can clean you up.”

Once Dinky was cleaned, Derpy took the used potty and emptied it into the toilet. Then after she put the potty back where it was she looked at the handle on the toilet tank and got an idea. She looked back at her little muffin and asked. “Do you want to know what’s making that noise that is coming from the bathroom?”

Dinky nodded and her mother carefully placed her on the toilet seat. As her daughter looked down into the toilet bowl Derpy pushed down the handle. The toilet roared and Dinky watched in amazement as both the water and her waste started spinning around and around. Then a few seconds later it all disappeared down the hole at the bottom of the toilet bowl..

As the toilet bowl started to fill back up, Derpy put her little muffin back onto the bathroom floor and explained. “Flushing was always the best part to me. And now that you know what is making that sound, I hope that you won’t be scared of it anymore.”

Dinky just smiled as her diaper was pulled back up. Then she and Derpy walked out of the bathroom and went on happily with their day together.

PreviousChapters Next