Royal Canterlot Library 991 members · 638 stories
Comments ( 283 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 283
TGrief is the Price We Pay
Spike thought he could get them to trust and befriend Thorax. But they didn't.
Scyphi · 609k words  ·  1,048  87 · 14k views

This is one of the finest examples of a "What if" story you'll find on this site. Likeable OCs, action, adeventure, emotion. One of the best stories I've ever read.

I want to try and test the rules a little bit. I want to nominate the Sympathy Trilogy by Ckat_Myla. The story of Twilight and Discord's relationship throughout these three stories is one of the finest ones on this site. Thumbs up if you agree.

EA Pony's Sympathy
A conversation with Discord causes Twilight to question the particulars of true harmony.
Ckat_Myla · 33k words  ·  753  16 · 14k views
EDeja Discord
Discord’s lack of empathy and a pony's sensibility has been tolerated by Celestia, but while both the princesses and the bearers of the Elements of Harmony struggle with even more dire problems, Discord is forced into a lesson of his own.
Ckat_Myla · 99k words  ·  456  20 · 10k views
EDealing in Harmony
Twilight might be required to take on the Spirit of Chaos - in all that that entails - to fully ensure that Discord's place remains with the friends he has made, and with her.
Ckat_Myla · 85k words  ·  196  7 · 4.5k views
EThe One Who Got Away
Equestria’s newest baron has just discovered that his new barony is entirely underwater, his new castle is a broken-down old riverboat, and his new subjects are… seaponies. Welcome to the Barony of Fen.
Georg · 22k words  ·  1,963  24 · 17k views
TRedeem Us In Our Solemn Hour
Midnight Aria, an initiate of the Lunar Rangers, finds herself in a losing battle that she was never meant to fight.
Cynewulf · 43k words  ·  74  6 · 1k views
Noc
Noc #55 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 14 ·

[Adult story embed hidden]

Noc
Noc #56 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · ·
TEmpty Horizons
Twilight wakes up, alone in the dark. And she's drowning.
Goldenwing · 186k words  ·  1,375  37 · 20k views
EThou Goddess
Scansion wakes up to find beautiful poems he doesn't remember writing. Is the lonely goddess of the night reaching out to him in the only way she can, or is he chasing shadows?
horizon · 4.9k words  ·  638  13 · 7.4k views
Noc
Noc #58 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 2 ·
TThe Mare Who Once Lived on the Moon
In a steampunk reimagining of the universe, Twilight Sparkle finds perhaps the one pony as lonely as she is. It's rather unfortunate that they're on the moon.
MrNumbers · 143k words  ·  3,012  57 · 29k views
Noc
Noc #59 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · ·
TAdministrative Angel
Principal Celestia always has wings in her dreams. So when a magical clash in front of her school sets her phantom wings to itching, her life turns upside down. And she hasn't even heard about Equestria yet.
horizon · 6.7k words  ·  1,231  14 · 12k views
Noc
Noc #60 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 1 ·
TIt Takes a Village
Spike only wants things to stay the same. Time, however, has other ideas. He's going to need help...
determamfidd · 149k words  ·  3,620  66 · 46k views
iisaw #61 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 4 ·
TFriendship is Optimal
Hasbro just released the official My Little Pony MMO, with an A.I. Princess Celestia to run it.
Iceman · 39k words  ·  4,233  138 · 100k views

This one is undeniably a classic that has spawned uncounted spin-offs and sequels. Known even outside of the fandom!

Noc
Noc #62 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 2 ·
TStardust
Can Twilight earn the trust and friendship of people who are by nature suspicious and hostile to anything that isn't 'human'?
Arad · 217k words  ·  6,193  103 · 81k views
Noc

You just put the story link using the embed function, like this: [embed]https://www.fimfiction.net/story/100455/stardust[/embed]

screams in SA-speak

[Unpublished stories cannot be embedded]

TThe Flight of the Alicorn
Rarity finds herself forced into an unlikely alliance when her airship crashes far from home.
Ponydora Prancypants · 227k words  ·  1,444  28 · 27k views
TThe Celestia Code
Princess Twilight Sparkle discovers a centuries-old mystery hidden in the Royal Archives.
iisaw · 70k words  ·  2,785  61 · 34k views
EHow to Remove a Unicorn Tooth
Three missing pieces, two loving alicorns, and a single stupid decision that will set young Princess Cadence on a fresh new course.
Skywriter · 11k words  ·  1,442  17 · 25k views
TPartyquest
Pinkie has one month to throw a party that's out of this world. Which is exactly where she'll receive the training she needs.
R5h · 12k words  ·  151  9 · 1.7k views

Wow. You guys are going to have the hardest job in the world. There're already posts of several of my favourite fics up. I do, however, have a few to add.

TStarlight Over Detrot: A Noir Tale
In the decaying metropolis of Detrot, 60 years and one war after Luna's return, Detective Hard Boiled and friends must solve the mystery behind a unicorn's death in a film noir-inspired tale of ponies, hard cider, conspiracy, and murder.
Chessie · 1.5m words  ·  1,263  47 · 56k views

Technically not finished yet, but it might well be before the deadline, since it's wrapping up soon. Hard to say.

If by most epic you mean has lots of words then this would be in the running straight away. It's a dark, dark fic but by golly it's well written. The characters are so solid you could cut the air with them. If you like Philip Marlowe and you like HG Wells this is the ultimate in Noir MLP.

TThe Colour You Bleed
Blueblood is kidnapped, and dumped in an unfriendly neighboring country.
Kegisak · 138k words  ·  470  8 · 8.3k views

Yes. It's that rarity: a great Blueblood story.

EA Cup of Joe
Our Pony Joe runs his doughnut shop, chats with his regulars...and lives in the shadow of a memory.
The Descendant · 17k words  ·  942  14 · 10k views

The first has already been mentioned (twice! that's how good it is), but I feel that the sequel is just as noteworthy:

EThe One Who Got Away
Equestria’s newest baron has just discovered that his new barony is entirely underwater, his new castle is a broken-down old riverboat, and his new subjects are… seaponies. Welcome to the Barony of Fen.
Georg · 22k words  ·  1,963  24 · 17k views
EDrifting Down the Lazy River
A frustrated young orphan with a talent for painting attempts to run away from his rural village and escape to Baltimare on a raft, only to find out that the river Fen holds an unexpected answer to his problem: Seaponies
Georg · 99k words  ·  1,021  12 · 8.5k views
EThe Bounce Test
As far as the worst squad member in the short history of the Crystal Guard is concerned, every new day is the one when he'll finally be fired. Because the only thing Flash Sentry truly knows about his life is that it shouldn't have brought him here.
Estee · 24k words  ·  498  15 · 5.1k views

Ooooh, yes. I hope these two end up on the list.

EA Filly's Guide to Not Making Headlines
PRINCESS SPARKLE IN CAMELU DUSTUP – Reports emerged Sunday that H.S.H. Princess Twilight Sparkle slammed Griffonstan over Camelu water rights. "I mean, they have plenty. It's not a 'threat to their sovereignty' to ask—
Bradel · 8.2k words  ·  1,487  18 · 18k views
EDancing in Melancholy
Adagio has one last song in her, but no voice to sing it with.
forbloodysummer · 6.1k words  ·  56  3 · 2.2k views
EThe Big Butterfly Brouhaha
"Have you seen a butterfly around here?" I asked Derpy one day. Next thing I don't even know, we're saving Equestria from the fairies in Fluttershy's chicken coop!
adcoon · 15k words  ·  158  3 · 2.9k views
TPioneer
Sixteen years old and still without a cutie mark, Apple Bloom faces an existential crisis until a new opportunity presents itself, one that might solve her problem—if she can take the first step. ⭐️ EQD Featured
OleGrayMane · 13k words  ·  119  1 · 1.9k views
TDaring Do(esn't Need a Special Somepony)
A.K. Yearling doesn't write love stories, because Daring Do usually spends Hearts and Hooves Day tearing through Equestria in a no-holds-barred search for candy. There's no room for anypony else in the chase. Especially not some stuck-up stunt flier.
Fahrenheit · 9.3k words  ·  499  10 · 6.5k views
Comment posted by Autumn Wind deleted Jun 14th, 2019
EThe Silver Standard
Once upon a time, Silver Spoon's life made sense. Now she lives in Ponyville.
PatchworkPoltergeist · 296k words  ·  528  10 · 9k views

The Silver Standard has already been nominated. I think we need to make sure to have only one votable instance of any fic, or it'll dilute the vote.

EFlash Fog
Fluttershy must deal with an unusually thick fog as it approaches Ponyville.
Kwakerjak · 128k words  ·  1,902  38 · 22k views
TSilver Glow's Journal
Silver Glow takes an opportunity to spend a year at an Earth college, where she'll learn about Earth culture and make new friends.
Admiral Biscuit · 996k words  ·  1,470  100 · 14k views
FTL
FTL #89 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · ·
EArrow 18 Mission Logs: Lone Ranger
A mission to investigate a far off world takes an interesting twist.
AdmiralTigerclaw · 66k words  ·  6,220  88 · 83k views
FTL
FTL #90 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · ·
EThe Traveling Tutor and the Librarian
Twilight believes the new unicorn magic school teacher is a pretentious royal jerk. Green Grass thinks the town’s librarian is an interfering, arrogant brat. Can they teach each other differently before somepony gets killed, or worse, married
Georg · 103k words  ·  1,228  38 · 17k views

Initial part of a long series... all good.

TPast Sins
Can Nightmare Moon, reborn without her hate, ever escape her past?
Pen Stroke · 202k words  ·  12,541  382 · 196k views

Not sure how well it's held up, but I figure I might as well add this piece of Fandom History to the mix.

Also, there's this:

ESharktavia i: Sharktavia Evolved
A debt-foal is not a person but a piece of property to be modified to her master's will. Octavia Melody-of-Zolcov's master has a very strange will.
FanOfMostEverything · 2.8k words  ·  42  3 · 1.2k views
EPressed for Time
Vinyl and Octavia need to hug for eight hours – or the building explodes.
Aragon · 90k words  ·  295  16 · 4.2k views
TTo Perytonia
Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and Rarity are tasked with establishing ties between Equestria and the strange people of Perytonia. Understanding and connecting with your own friends may yet be the bigger challenge. Updates every Tuesday and Saturday!
Cloudy Skies · 554k words  ·  380  12 · 8.7k views
Marker #95 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 1 ·
TThe Rise and Fall of the Dark Lord Sassaflash
Necromancers get a bad rap
Dromicosuchus · 116k words  ·  532  14 · 8.9k views

Mendacity is undoubtedly Dromicosuchus' better known work. But if you like the esoteric and supernatural side of Equestria depicted in Mendacity, you will love this story for its much more epic adventure set in the same universe.

Marker #96 · Jun 14th, 2019 · · 2 ·
EMendacity
Bon Bon, Lyra, and the Unseelie Court
Dromicosuchus · 75k words  ·  2,308  38 · 45k views

Someone nominated Triptych already, so this’ll be my nomination instead.

EThe Education of Clover the Clever
Some people think lectures and classes are for educating. Star Swirl the Bearded has no patience for those people.
Daedalus Aegle · 163k words  ·  582  14 · 13k views

>the votes
Ouch.

TBroken Bindings
You've found an "interesting" book recently. You don't know what it is, or why it was hidden in the back of Twilight's library, but you feel so compelled to read it. And keep reading it. And keep reading it...
anonpencil · 23k words  ·  488  12 · 6.9k views

It's perhaps arguable whether this actually counts as a fic. It certainly is a story, but it's not the kind of story you can print in a book. But reading in this more... interactive form, it's definitely one of the most memorable pieces of fiction I've ever read in or out of the pony fandom.

TThe Rummy Business of Old Blooey
What ho! Big doin's on the night of the Grand Galloping Gala!
Cloud Wander · 8.5k words  ·  215  3 · 3.4k views
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 283