• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,725 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,725

PreviousChapters Next
Goodbye, Graves

Rainbow Dash sat on an empty floor...

In an empty bedroom... ...

Inside an empty home... ... ...

Gray streaks marred the cloudstone surfaces where furniture had lingered for months... years.

Rainbow breathed in... and out. Her ears twitched, one after another.

All was silent. An ever-permeating hush.

A single object lay on the floor ahead of her—a golden goblet. Its curved reflection accentuated the glossy nothingness stretching outward on either side of the pegasus.

Rainbow's eyes lingered on the container. Eventually, her gaze traveled along the dull walls of the place... crossing the even dimmer ceiling.

Her wings flexed and unflexed. The tingling numbness persisted... an eternal constant.

At last, with a dynamic swish of her tail, she stood up. Her hoofsteps sounded like thunderclaps as she gently scuffled across the domain. Crossing the room, she picked up a pair saddlebags bulging with her sole belongings—a third of which were strictly comprised of medicine jugs.

She stood in place... exhaling...

Then...

She trotted over, picked up the golden goblet... and slipped it into the one remaining pouch of her bag.

She lingered in that bedroom... enveloped by the shadows that she had surrendered to far more times than she could count. They were the only things she wasn't carrying with her... or so she imagined.

Then, with a final breath, she turned tail and trotted out of the sepulcher domain.

PreviousChapters Next