• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,702 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,702

PreviousChapters Next
As I Lay Dashing

Rainbow Dash lay on her bed, a gentle smile plastered across her face.

On the table next to her, a black chalice with wing motifs sat, half-full of bubbling cider.

Lancie crawled up the bedsheets, then perched next to her skull. He waved a stone talon before her shut eyes, then leaned in to hear her steady breathing. He gazed at her, arms crossed, then gradually smirked.

With gentle motions, he pulled the bedsheets up over Rainbow's body, then tucked them in on either side of her. Hopping down to the floor, he stepped backwards, gazing at the sleeping mare.

"Hmmmfff... sweet dreams, Sparky," the statue said. "For what they're ever worth."

Then, with a breath, he swiveled towards the far corner of Rainbow's bedroom.

The closet lay open, and a bag spilled several stone shards onto the floor, each depicting a different arm, tail, horn, or leg.

Lancie stared at it long and hard. After much concentration, his beady eyes came to life, flickering red-on-yellow. Just as quickly, the phenomenon ended.

And yet, it did not bring him the sense of elation he had expected.

His stone ears folded back, and he hugged himself, staring off with a distracted expression.

Cold and silent.

PreviousChapters Next