• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,704 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,704

PreviousChapters Next
Quest Geever

"Eet vould appear dat drragonz have taken squirrel castle far east," Brucie said. He escorted Rainbow, Sunset, and Romulus beyond the burrowed entrance to the squirrels' lair. Hazy sunlight bled through the lingering smoke of the charred forest around them. "Dees eez very far glide for dem. Brucie sinks drragonz vant take castle to Morsel Lands." He shook his head. "Must not let dem. At dees rate, castle be over mountainz in half-day." He held his paw up. "Morselanderz have twelve hours to feegure out vay into flying castle or no deal!"

"We can ground your castle without you," Romulus grumbled, then faced east. "Thank you very much—"

Swoosh! Brucie landed on a tree branch directly in front of the griffon. "Nyet! You can't! Either you let squirrels een on morselander plan or you are on your own!"

"Just what do you have in mind?" Sunset asked.

"Brucie knowz of secret lower entrance eento castle. Ven time comez, Brucie show eet to you." The goggled rodent pointed at Rainbow. "Den colorful morselhorse show you rest of vay. Once morselanderz vork togeser to gain access to entrances... boom... let squirrels een to bring great justeece Mozer Rushnut!"

"I don't get it..." Romulus grumbled. "Is this your plan or ours?"

"Plan belongz to everyvone, da?" Brucie pointed. "Just dun get full of your own head! Brucie keepz an eye on you! Call for Brucie vhen vay eez found eento and out of Castle. Vill brring squirrel broserz to bring end to drragonz!"

Before Romulus could protest again, Rainbow stepped forward with Lancie.

"We'll figure something out, Brucie. Don't worry."

"Bah!" With a flash of light, Brucie lit another cigar and took a deep puff. "Who eez vorried? Brucie haz nosing to loze but acorns, and horse haz nosing to loze but head."

"One question though..." Rainbow squinted. "The castle's flying east, right?"

"Da! To Morselandz!"

"Is there any place it... hasn't flown to?"

"Mmmmm..." Brucie scratched his chin. "Now dat pony mentionz eet... da... drragonz never steer castle to ashen north."

"Ashen what?" Sunset Shimmer asked.

"Beeg pile of rrockz hidden behind burnt mountainz." Brucie gestured with his paws. "Not safe for squirrelz. Drragonz dun like going dere."

"Why not?" Rainbow asked.

Brucie shrugged. "Brucie never been close enough to know. Brucie never been close enough to care." He took another puff of his cigar and saluted. "You've been geeven your charge. Do svidaniya." Fwoooosh! He flew off in a gust of fur and wind.

PreviousChapters Next