• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,725 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,725

PreviousChapters Next
The Slow Road to One Million

"Why do we have to take a taxi, exactly?" Rainbow Dash said, hovering at the exit to the hotel room. "Can't I... y'know... fly each of us to Upper Las Pegasus individually? It'd save on bits."

"Don't worry about the bits," Bon Bon said. "And I'm not about to put you through all that work." She cleared her throat, brushing her mane before a front room mirror. "Besides. We'll just be taking the taxi to the tower."

"You mean that big needle thing that leads to the upper clouds?"

"Yes. It's the only thing attached to the floating platforms above and... well... only one pony in this group can walk on clouds."

"Rainbow Dash!" Caramel said with a wink and a grin.

"Me too." Lyra muttered, limping across the foyer. "If my stomach doesn't clear that bean salad from last night. Whew. Hey Vinyl! Vinyllll! Yo! You ready or what?"

"Yes. Yes. Soon." The other unicorn trotted into the room. She cleared her throat and adjusted her shades. "Just... clearing the cobwebs."

"Coming up from one of your nap sessions, eh, girl?" Rainbow said with a smirk.

Vinyl nodded. "Like being thawed from ice. But I'll be good in two minutes."

"Yeesh... how do you manage to do that?" Bon Bon stammered.

"Very, very delicately." Vinyl cleared her throat again. "I hate to be a pain, but we'll wanna find a lounge somewhere later on so I can get twenty minutes of shut-eye before I'm good to go again. But that'll be at least three hours from now. I'm peachy keen for the time being."

"Good!" Bon Bon grinned. "Maybe we can get a roller coaster in or two!"

Rainbow raised an eyebrow. "Roller Coaster?"

"The tower thingy," Lyra said with a yawn. "They have all sorts of crazy thrill rides up there. A big deal for ponies without wings."

"Right..."

"Oooh! And they have some great shops at the lower levels!" Caramel squeaked.

"Pffft. Darling, don't bother with the tower's paltry selection! We'll save the fine shopping for the Upper district!" Bon Bon winked with a smile. "There, you can find some truly... breezy scarves. Made out of cloud silk."

"...!" Caramel clamped a pair of hooves over his muzzle. "Could... it... be so?" He stuttered. "Cl-cloud silk?"

"I've only felt the material once in my life," Bon Bon purred. "Felt like touching a moon pool!"

"No kidding." Lyra looked towards the door. "What about you, Rainbow? Did you ever touch cloud silk in all your days of living in Cloudsdale?"

"I'm sure when I was an infant I may have pooped in it once or twice."

"Ha ha!" Lyra exhaled through a wry grin. "And just like that I'm awake again."

"You're awake?" Vinyl smirked. Levitating a set of rattling keys, she made for the door. "Come on, girls. Let's get wasted for the economy."

"Woohoo!" Bon Bon hopped in place. "Las Pegasus, here we come!"

"Shhhhh... don't scare the city, B-Squared," Lyra said as Rainbow and Vinyl held the door open for the rest. The group collectively made their exit. "I want Las Pegasus to be unaware as I backstab it with my bit bag."

"Better get a good grip on it."

"...too late."

PreviousChapters Next