• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,702 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,702

PreviousChapters Next
Episode Fifteen Of Lancie Quest

"Hrnnngh... grmffff... gswwwddd!"

Rainbow Dash thrashed, scuffled, struggled, but eventually yanked herself up and onto even ground. Panting, she galloped forward with a limp, shoved her way through a laughing orange figure, then threw herself at the campsite. Hooves flying, she fished through her saddlebags, fumbled, then finally grasped the enchanted griffon ruby. The thing instantly pulsed with crimson light, fueling her wings with a burst of wind.

SHOOOOM!

Rainbow flew skyward. A cone of air distorted the starlight directly ahead of her. The pegasus pivoted about, twirled, and craned her neck. She listened for the sound of beating wings. As soon as her ear hairs were tickled, she spun to the left and flapped her feathers. Claps of thunder echoed behind her, and she soared northwest, her thin-eyed gaze settling on a leathery figure ahead of her.

The beast didn't even have time to look back. Rainbow mounted its back, bucking the thing's headcrest with all her might.

"Let. Him. GO!" She barked.

The creature responded with an angry shriek. It dropped the statue from its mouth, only to catch him in its meaty claws.

"Watch it, Sparky!" Lancie's voice echoed between the walls of whipping winds. "You've just thrown yourself into rabid pigeon space!"

"Lancie, would you just—" Rainbow yelped at the sight of razor sharp teeth.

The beast had spun around completely to face her. Its beak stabbed and rammed the air between them.

Rainbow jerked to the left, to the right, then bicycle kicked with a flash of her ruby stone. "RAAAAUGH!"

WHAP! Her hooves slammed across the beak of the beast. The monster let loose an annoyed shriek, flapped its wings, then dove down.

"Oh no you don't—!" SWISSSSH! Rainbow Dash hurled her body down after the beast. She caught up with it in no time, but such wasn't anything to boast about. The pegasus still found herself outmatched in size and strength. Nevertheless, with the aid of the Wind Chalice stone, she nimbly spun around until she mounted the beast's backside. Then, gripping the thing's neck with one hoof, she slammed her other limbs into the thing's spine repeatedly. "Rrrrgh! Drop him! Drop him right now—"

"Do be careful what you ask for—Whoah!" Lancie's voice distorted amidst the whistling air.

With a banshee cry, the beast jerked its skull back, trying multiple times to stab Rainbow's neck with its headcrest.

Rainbow hugged the monster from behind. "Okay, you wanna dive?! Let's dive!" She spread her wings, then flapped them.

Ruby light trailed behind them. Rainbow's enchanted propulsion threw the two of them into a maddening spiral. The monster barely found the strength to pull up, and once it did it narrowily escaped slamming into the face of a stone megastructure by mere inches. Frictious air burned between the beast's belly and the craggy surface of the plateau whizzing by. Rainbow took advantage of this, mercilessly shoving the creature's skull against the mountain side until its savage beak scraped and produced sparks.

Scrkkkkkkkkk!

At last, the struggle was too much for the monster to bear... and it let go of its cargo.

"Awwwwwww great...!" Lancie's voice became a distant whimper. "...now look what you've done..."

"Lancie! Hold on—" WHAM! A hooked wingjoint smacked Rainbow across the chin. "Ooomf!" Grimacing, she let go of the ruby stone entirely and fell off the beast's back.

The monster went shrieking off into the night, and the enchanted griffon artifact vanished entirely in the dark haze of night.

"Dang it!" Rainbow's voice cracked as she spun, toppeled in the air. The stars streaked, vanished, and streaked again. She heard the distant yelps of Lancie echoing against the mountain face. "Don't worry!" Rainbow hyperventilated, shivered. Angling her wings, she followed the tug of gravity and sailed straight down into the big black everything. "I got you!"

Something rattled from a distance. Maybe it was drawling laughter. Maybe it was the sound of stones shattering.

Rainbow hurled herself towards it all the same.

"Please..." Rainbow hissed, eyes tearing. "...I got you."

PreviousChapters Next