• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,718 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,718

PreviousChapters Next
The Most Dangerous Game part two

"Mmmmmmmmmm..." Applejack's eyes traveled up and down.

Rainbow bit her lip, standing squat on the log next to her with her forelimbs squished together. A pair of fuzzy blue ears twitched.

"Ah! Reckon I got one." The mare tilted her hat back and grinned. "Ahem. Never have I ever enjoyed gettin' a purdy dress made especially for me by Rarity."

Rainbow Dash blinked. "Hah!" She exhaled with a gunburst. "Haaaaa-ha!"

Applejack raised an eyebrow.

"Hahaha... whewwww..." Rainbow Dash hugged herself, exhaling through a dumb smile. Seconds passed. She blinked, looking up and realizing that every mare was staring at her. "Huh?"

"Weather horse has to answer, right?" Trixie remarked.

Within two heartbeats, Rainbow Dash's cheeks flushed. "Oh. Oh yeah..." She gulped, looked weakly in Rarity's direction, then begrudgingly ate a marshmallow with a sigh.

"Heeheehee!" Pinkie giggled.

"Ohhhhhhh?" Rarity clasped her hooves together, smiling from ear to ear. "Really?! Really and truly?!"

"Mrmmfff..." Rainbow Dash swallowed the marshmallow down with some cider and gulped. "Don't let it get around. You guys are my best friends, okay?" Nostrils flared. "I have a reputation to keep."

"Rainbow Dash...!" Twilight smirked. "I am... intrigued."

"All these times! And you've played it off so coyly, too!" Rarity's eyelashes fluttered. "Oh—by Celestia's mane—I am making you something extra ravishing the week after this hike is over!"

Rainbow slapped her canteen down and pointed at the unicorn. "Hey! By the nature of AJ's question, it only means I've enjoyed getting a dress at least one time! Okay?"

"And what did ya like the best about the dress, huh, sugarcube?" Applejack chuckled. "The fact that it was shiny or the fact that it was poofy?"

"Nuh uh!" Rainbow shook a hoof while Pinkie giggled. "You already had your turn!"

"She's right, Applejack," Twilight said.

"Pffft. I was only teasin'."

"All hail Princess Dashiiiie!"

"Eugh... don't rub it in, Pinkie."

"Heeeeee..." Rarity teetered on the log, smiling. "My mind is already reeling with ideas now!"

"Ugh..." Rainbow facehoofed. "What have I gotten myself into?"

"Carry the circle around, already!" Trixie growled. "Trixie seeks vengeance!"

"You're up, Rainbow," Fluttershy softly said.

"Mmmm-yeah?" Rainbow looked up at her.

Fluttershy smiled sweetly back. Her eyes darted in Applejack's direction.

Rainbow Dash blinked. Her ears perked up. Then, with a courageous breath, she sat up straight and said, "Okay, Flutters. Never have I ever... been arrested for trafficking porcupines."

"Ohboyohboyohboy—wait, huh!" Pinkie's muzzle scrunched.

Fluttershy shook her head with practiced precision. "Nope! Sorry, Rainbow."

"Oh." Rainbow droned. "Oh darn." She took a swig of her canteen.

"Well, Applejack, looks like you're in the sights again," Twilight said.

"Wait..." Trixie squeaked. "You mean it goes back around?"

"Those were the rules," Rarity said.

"Ha HA!" Trixie pumped a hoof in the air. "Trixie will have her revenge!"

"Awwww..." Pinkie pouted. "With Fluttershy in this game, it'll never get to me!"

"Heehee..." Fluttershy winked. "Want to bet?"

"Alright, Rainbow." Applejack spat on the ground and folded her forelimbs with a smirk. "Do yer worse."

Rainbow turned to face her. She took a deep breath...

PreviousChapters Next