• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,658 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,658

PreviousChapters Next
Places, Please

When Rainbow Dash quietly reentered the Apple Family household, the first thing she heard was Twilight Sparkle's feeble voice.

"—have no idea how it could have happened! We checked and re-checked for every possible outcome! But, I... I-I don't know any better way to say this... but... but it's my fault, Applejack." Twilight sniffled, her ears folded back as she fought the urge to sob. "It's all my fault. Some way, some how, I-I caused this snake to drop onto your property. If it wasn't for the experiment, then... then Apple Bloom wouldn't be—"

"Twilight... Twilight, darlin'," Applejack spoke in a low voice. He rested a hoof on the mare's shoulder. "I ain't in no mood to be blamin' nopony. And even if there was a need for pointin' hooves, it'll have to come later. Please... now that yer here... I'm beggin' ya—use yer big fat brain and search for somethin' that'll help my baby sis." Applejack bore a fragile smile. "Honestly, there's nopony with a bigger wealth of knowledge for fixin' thangs than you."

"Yeah..." Twilight nodded, wiping her cheek dry. "Yeah, okay. I'll get right on that, AJ."

"Thanks, Twi," Applejack said, caressing her chin. "Y'all have no idea what th-that means to me."

Trixie trotted up, followed by Spike. "Sparkle, if Trixie can get a sample of the snake, then Trixie can start performing leyline experiments and find out whether or not this was an isolated incident."

"Uhm... isn't that going to be kinda difficult?" Spike pointed towards a brightly-lit table where Zecora, Noir, and even Nurse Redheart stood, all hunched over the dormant body of Apple Bloom. "They've got the venom sample for making an antidote, right?"

"Trixie doesn't need the venom!" Trixie snapped. "Just what remains of its flesh and scales!"

"Where was it last?" Twilight asked aloud.

Fluttershy and Big Macintosh trotted up. "Uhm... do you two need what's left of the snake?" Fluttershy gestured at her coltfriend. "Big Mac knows where it is."

"Eeeyup."

"Great!" Twilight nodded, trotting forward. "Then show us where it—"

"Whoah... Sparkle." Trixie held a hoof out. "Trixie can do the mana-tests. It's best that you stay here with the books that your assistant brought. After all, nopony can beat you when it comes to doing research."

"She's right, Twilight," Spike said. "I'll help her get a good sample. You stay here with the books and try to see if there's anything written in the old tomes about... about..."

"A Tartarusian Venomancer," Rainbow Dash interjected.

"Yeah." Spike pointed. "What she said."

"Okay." Twilight blinked at Trixie. "Wow, Trixie. That was both smart and... very humble of you."

"Trixie said you were the best at research!" Trixie said, eyes seeing red. "Trixie is still the best at magic spells!"

"Right... but of course," Twilight said. She was already squatting down while levitating an array of open books around her. "I'll find this species documented somewhere even if I have to stay awake all week."

"You sure Apple Bloom could even last a we—" Spike began, only for Trixie to swat him across the skull. "Owie!" He immediately winced. "Oh..."

Big Macintosh sniffled, his eyes falling to the floor. Fluttershy lovingly nuzzled him.

"Uhhh..." Spike grinned awkwardly. "Let's go find us some snake skin!"

"Lead the way for Trixie," Trixie said. "Erm... if you don't mind."

"Ahem..." Big Mac cleared his throat, taking big strides as he and Fluttershy exited through the front door. "Eeeeyup."

Rainbow Dash followed their movement. Then her eyes caught something else. Applejack sitting before Granny Smith, her head hung low. Granny Smith looked up, then patted Applejack's shoulder. The young mare turned around, and there she saw Stu Leaves standing with drooping wings. Stu said something, bearing a gentle smile. Applejack tried to smile back, but her face melted. Before she could sob outright, Stu reached his limbs forward, and she hugged him fiercely, shivering in an uncontrollable fashion.

Rainbow wasn't aware of how hard she was biting her lip until she felt a sharp pain ricochet through her mouth. She considered trotting towards the group to extend an identical gesture, but just then Noir's voice rang in her ear.

"Rainbow Dash. Please." The sarosian waved from the makeshift operating table.

Rainbow swiftly glided over. "Yeah, cool guy?"

"We need a special herb," Noir said. "One that neither Zecora or I possess. However, Nurse Redheart says that there's an abundance of it at Ponyville Central."

"Right." Rainbow nodded. "And you need me to get it." Her eyes dripped over Apple Bloom's figure, and her heart jumped at how pale the filly looked.

"Not without a written inscription to allow a pony express permission," Zecora muttered, concentrating on Apple Bloom's wound.

"Huh?"

"I've already written it down." Nurse Redheart held a note out. "Here. Take this to the hospital. Tell them that Nurse Redheart's given you access to the B7 Emergency Supply."

"B7. Emergency." Rainbow nodded. "Got it."

"Are you certain you have the strength to handle it, Rainbow Dash?" Nurse Redheart asked.

"Huh?" Rainbow blinked at her weird.

Nurse Redheart stared at her.

After a few seconds, Rainbow understood, and she cleared her throat. "Uh... yeah. Yes, Redheart. I can take care of it. I've... uhm..." She smiled weakly. "I've been in good hooves."

"Good." Nurse Redheart's brow furrowed. "Then be quick."

"Just how bad is it?" Rainbow asked.

Nurse Redheart's teeth clenched.

Rainbow's ears drooped. "R-right." And she spun around, took off, and breezed past several gasping bodies before making a thunderous exit, skyborne.

PreviousChapters Next