• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,725 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,725

PreviousChapters Next
Yarr

Rainbow Dash sat on a street lamp, legs dangling, slurping on the straw of a soda cup.

Just forty feet away from her, beyond a thickly gathered crowd of tourists, there was a large hotel fountain. Two vintage pirate ships "waded" in the shallow waters, and several stallions in old century gear were ravenously swashbuckling with one another.

The ponies flanking the fountain "ooh'd" and "aah'd" as the free entertainment carried on into sunset. Under the shadow of a high rise hotel, pyrotechnics went off in bright bursts of orange and gold. Random pirates let loose whinnying screams as they fell off the decks of the ships, flailed through the air, and plunged into the waters below.

"Heh..." Rainbow Dash swallowed a gulp of soda and smirked. "Cool."

Cannons "fired" at one another, resulting in even brighter discharges of controlled flame between the two pirate ships. At last, the good guys were victorious, and they waved a golden flag in place of the horse skull and crossbones that the villains had been flying all day.

Soon after, the lead stunt stallion approached the edge of the ship and took a bow.

The public audience cheered and stomped their hooves.

Rainbow cradled her cup in her wings and clapped her fetlocks together. "Y'know... not half bad for being free."

The stallion addressed the crowd. Rainbow couldn't hear his words from the roaring applause. But he evidently made an introduction with a noble wave of the hoof. Just then, a series of megaspeakers blared to life. Not long after, several shiny mares in skimpy two-piece outfits sauntered onto the pirate stage.

Rainbow spat out her soda. The cup fell limply from her feathery grip as she nearly teetered off the lamppost. "H-holy crud..."

A heavy bass beat reverberated over the sound of nearby traffic. Soon the speakers were crackling forth a sensual, warbling pop song while the stallion and the lustfully dressed mares gyrated together in a poor, sweaty excuse for a dance number.

"Uhhhhhh..." Rainbow Dash swallowed a lump down her throat—only for it to rise back up. She squirmed nervously atop the lamppost. "Uhhhhhhhhhhh..."

Cat calls and whistles echoed from the crowd.

The mares on stage paused in mid-dance to blow kisses. Two grinning entertainers pivoted about, embraced one another, and leaned their soft fuzzy muzzles together—

"H-Hey! Rainbow!" Bon Bon's voice traveled upwards like a knife. "Fancy meeting you here!"

"Guhhhhhhhhhh—!" Rainbow Dash curled up, nearly plummeting off the lamppost again. She flashed a wide-eyed glance down. "I wasn't meeting anypony! I sw-swear!"

"Relax! You're here to enjoy yourself, aren't you?" Bon Bon smiled while Lyra and Caramel shuffled about, distracted. "Anyways, the girls and I were gonna hit the strip for a snazzy restaurant before heading back to Mortuana for Vinyl's session! You wanna come?"

"Ermmmm..." Rainbow cleared her throat, pensively back at the pirate stage. "...maybe..."

"Even if you're not hungry, we'd love to have your company!" Caramel chirped.

"Oh! Sure! I'd love to eat out!" Rainbow coughed. "At... a restaurant." She smiled, twitching. "With friends."

"Hehehe! Then what are you waiting for?" Bon Bon bounced along. "Come down from there and join us, silly pony! Our vacation officially starts tonight! Woo!"

"Egads..." Lyra droned, limping after the other two with a dull grin. "Those endorphins are going to murder my blood sugar."

"Uh... I'll be with you in a minute! I promise!" Rainbow Dash took several deep breaths. "Okay, girls. Work with me here." Her muzzle tensed as she strained. "Grnnnnnngh..." Finally, after much effort, her wings flapped fluidly at her command. "Whew..." she flew after the trio in an easy glide, leaving the pyrotechnics and lycra behind.

PreviousChapters Next