• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Try It; You'll Like It

Along the edge of the uppermost basement plastform, a pair of equines waved burning flares, signaling to those on approach.

"That's our signal," shouted a pilot in the front seat of a gyrocopter. She flung a lever and pivoted the controls, angling the steam-powered vessel towards the opening in the side of the structure beneath Shindig Tower. "Time to bring her in."

"About time!" exclaimed the construct seated behind her. She gripped the back of the seat with her forelimbs while the ship veered in for the final straightaway. "How lucky are we to rein it in overnight, huh?"

"Speak for yourself!" the pilot exclaimed, squinting through her goggles as they approached the platform. "What I wouldn't give to patrol the air streams during the Coronation."

"Oh yeah?"

"If only to get another shot at putting holes in that damned Blue Jay."

"Heheh... yeah, alright."

FWOOSH! A streak of blue blurred by in their peripheral.

"Whoah—Whoah!" The backseat officer spun about, blinking. "Did you see that?"

"Hmm?" The pilot concentrated on the upcoming ledge. "See what?"

"I... I thought I just saw..."

"Shhh! Coming in for a landing!"

"Er. Right. My bad."

The two constructs silenced themselves as the gyrocopter came in for a landing. Its wheels made contact with the long runway beneath the overhang, and the vehicle grinded to a stop, its propellers slowing down.

"Aaaaaaaaand clockwork," the pilot said with a smile.

"Brilliant."

As the two ponies pivoted the vessel towards a loading area, they were oblivious to a blue figure clinging to the rear tail of the craft. Several ponies trotted up to help reel the vehicle in, but Rainbow Dash leapt away before they could come into visual contact with her. Hugging a metal ball to her chest, Rainbow Dash rolled over into the shadows, then pressed her back to a series of metal crates. She panted, listening as various figures shuffled about, continuing to perform mantenance on the parked gyrocopters between shifts.

At last, Rainbow released the sphere, and Epcot materialized into her normal, fuzzy self.

"Whew!" Epcot smiled. "Now I know why you picked Omega Centauri!"

"Shindig and her sons should have hired more living ponies than Silver Shill," Rainbow Dash muttered. "If this is their idea of security, then even Pinkie Pie could have frolicked her way into the weapons armory."

"Who?"

Rainbow sighed. "Never mind. Let's say I really... really... really wanna get out of this place."

Epcot grinned. "One trot at a time. Don't you have a bunch of friends to save the day for?"

"I always have a bunch of friends to save the day for," Rainbow muttered, making a break for the furthest door. "It's part of the charm of being me."

"Heehee!" Epcot galloped after her. "Now that's the spirit!"

"Shhhh!" Rainbow Dash stealthed her way into an adjacent corridor "By the way, not-for-nothin', but you're remarkably cuddly for a brass steam ball."

"Well, I do try."

PreviousChapters Next