• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,705 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,705

PreviousChapters Next
Pumpkin Dash

“Uhhhhhhhhhh…” Bon Bon’s mouth hung open in starlight. She gazed up at the cloudy home that was hovering over a hillside on the east side of town. “Uhhhhhhmmm…”

“Yeah.” Vinyl Scratch muttered. A snoring, petite pegasus was slumped over her backside like a limp rag. “This is gonna be a lot tougher than we imagined.”

“Well, we’ve got two unicorns with us!” Caramel said in a chipper voice. He tossed his silky mane and smiled back at the rest. “You can just float her up there, r-right?”

Lyra stared with flat eyebrows. “I can barely lift my lyre above my horn. Not all of us are built like Twilight Mary Sue Sparkle.”

“Well, let’s wake her up then!” Bon Bon squeaked. “Surely she can fly the rest of the way!”

“Girl, did you see the way we took to get here!” Vinyl pointed at the uneven ground behind them. “I jostled her more than a bucking bronco! She isn’t waking for nothing!”

“I don’t suppose… uhm…” Caramel shifted awkwardly. “We c-could leave her here?”

“What, on the hill?” Bon Bon remarked.

“That’s a recipe for fleas and lice if I ever head one,” Lyra droned. “I’d hate to face Rainbow Dash when she’s sober.” She blinked. “And pissed.”

“Then how do we get her up there, then?” Vinyl asked.

“I think I’ve got it.” Lyra smirked. She trotted over and tapped Vinyl’s shoulder. “Hoof her over to Bon Bon.”

“What for?”

“You and I are gonna team up with our horns. Attach your leylines to Rainbow’s left wing and I’ll attach mine to her right wing.”

The pegasus was handed off to Bon Bon while Vinyl’s and Lyra’s horns started glowing at once.

“Can somepony fill me in on what we’re about to do to her?” Bon Bon asked nervously with the pegasus now on her backside.

“Well, everypony knows that earth ponies weigh the most and pegasi are the most lightweight.”

“I am not heavy!” Bon Bon pouted, stomping her hoof.

“Er… neither am I!” Caramel belated added, his muzzle stretched in an awkward smile.

“Settle down, girl.” Lyra turned from Caramel to Bon Bon. “Leylines respond to both matter an energy. With our magic fields attached to a pegasus’ wings, an earth pony should be able to disrupt the energy web so that the leylines get stretched and act almost as an elastic band.” Lyra pointed up at the cloud. “Now, if we simply have you walk backwards--Bon Bon--and tilt your backside towards Rainbow’s home--”

“Wait wait wait…” Bon Bon grimaced. “Are you… Are we essentially putting Rainbow Dash into a giant virtual slingshot?”

“Huh… we are, aren’t we?” Lyra stared into starlight. She stared and stared. “Anyways.” She shrugged and aimed her horn at the pegasus on Bon Bon’s back. “Start backtrotting, Bon Bon.”

The mare fidgeted as she did what she was told. “This could go wrong in a billion ways.”

“Good thing we’re only going to end with one way, huh?” Lyra sweated slightly in concentration. “Vinyl? How are you on your end, girl?”

“I can’t see Rainbow Dash…”

“Take off your damn shades.”

“Oh. Right. Ahem. Yeah, I got a grip.”

“On my mark, you let go of Rainbow, Bon Bon. Got it?”

“Sure thing, Lyra…”

Caramel covered his eyes. “I-I can’t watch!”

“Grow some stones before you lose ‘em,” Lyra grunted. “Alright…” She gritted her teeth as her horn glowed to the burning point. “Three… two… one… Mark!

“Eungh!” Bon Bon threw her shoulders forward.

Swisssssh! Rainbow Dash surged upwards incredibly fast, like a glider. Her unconscious body soared towards the cloudy foundation of the house, twirled against the wind, and lifted up towards the front entrance.

“Killer!” Vinyl pumped a hoof in the air. “She’s gonna make it!”

“She is?” Caramel peaked his eyes out from behind his hooves, the immediately winced. “Oh, jeez!”

Thud! Rainbow’s body slammed against the front door, slid down, and collapsed on the front cloudstone steps. “Shnorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr…

Bon Bon and Vinyl Scratch gawked.

Lyra blinked. “Eh… Good enough!” She turned and trotted home, followed by the other three. “Same time next evening, girls?”

PreviousChapters Next