• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,725 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,725

PreviousChapters Next
Dashout: Equestria

"Look..." Listing pointed from where she and Rainbow Dash perched stealthily on a cloud high above Los Alamules. "See the entrance to the Hump Gang's compound?"

Rainbow squinted at the tiny silver shapes erected in the middle of the arid valley. "... ... ...yeah?"

"Now... trace your eyes left... follow the north edge of the fence... then stop about one hundred meters to the west."

"Okay..."

"Do you see it?"

"See what?"

"The object glistening in the sunlight?"

"... ... ...I-I think so."

"That's the marker."

"Marker?"

"A rock. Well... it's actually a half-rusted anvil, painted over in black and orange to resemble a rock. Truth is, time and... other elements wore the camouflage off. Now its reflective inner surface is exposed. Anypony wandering by wouldn't think twice about it. But the mules of the Hump Gang use it as a marker to point out the rear exit of the underground bunker."

"So... like... shouldn't we... I be trying to enter in through that?"

"It's heavily guarded from the inside," Listing said. "You'd have to know a password to speak at the dirt-covered door. And assuming that you even knew what it was, you'd still have to slip past a bunch of heavily muscled, heavily jacked-up mules. I'm talking too big for even the likes of you and me."

"So... why are you even telling me this?"

"Because it could make a good exit point."

"... ... ...how?"

"When the Hump Gang allows me into the main building, they gotta open it with these really huge doors. They're so big that there's a pony-sized space in the hinges of the doorframe. If you've snuck in at seven-thirty, right before I appear before the Hump Gang with my weapons offering, then you should easily be in the right place and at the right time to slip on through. That should let you get in through the vault."

"How do we know the vault door will be open?" Rainbow asked.

"Huh?"

"I mean... it's a friggin' vault, Listing. Probably built during all the solar spell testing that Celestia did?"

"Yeah. But they never close the front door."

"How do you know that?"

Listing snorted. "Because the mules don't even know the combination to get in or out." She chuckled. "We're not exactly dealing with zebras here."

"Y'know, not all zebras are super friggin' geniuses."

"Oh yeah? Tell me one you know who isn't."

"... ... ... ... ..." Rainbow blinked.

"Right. So, moving right along." Listing gestured at the distant compound beneath them. "I'll be escorted towards the second floor of the main building. All mule eyes will be and should be on me. You, in the meantime, will proceed through the vault door and make your way to where they have the bits stored. Should be in their main armory."

"And where can I find the main armory...?"

PreviousChapters Next