• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,722 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,722

PreviousChapters Next
One Flap at a Time

Glorious, guffawing laughter lit the air.

Rainbow Dash heard it from the clouds. She paused in kicking the gray mists to look down at the streets of Ponyville far below. Her eyes had to squint.

It didn't take long for Rainbow to spot the blissfully orange shape of Applejack. The mare walked with Stu Leaves, drawing a wagon across town. Stu Leaves said something, grinning. This drew another laugh from Applejack.

The couple continued their conversation all the way to the market. They nodded and waved at pleasant neighbors as they passed by.

Rainbow blinked. A soft sigh escaped her muzzle.

Only this time...

...it was a strangely warm thing.

She realized that she was slacking in her task. So, gliding past the figures of Thunderlane and Candy Mane, she gave the clouds a savage kick, then shone warm light on the pair below.


Rainbow Dash spun in the air above the Everfree Forest. After finishing several revolutions, she parked down on a cloud without the slightest hint of dizziness.

A cluster of pegasi gazed at her, including Stu. With firm words, Rainbow gave her tornado team a strong speech detailing the wind power needed to maintain a tornado.

Not long later, a voice called out across the cloudbanks from below.

Rainbow glanced down to see Applejack waving a hoof. She had shown up in the shadow of the Cloudsdalian cyclone meet, dragging a wagon full of apple baked treats.

Rainbow stared at her, then glanced at her team. Clearing her throat, she whipped out a clipboard and dismissed them with a lazy wave of the hoof.

The ponies nodded, then took wing. After a while, most had flocked down to Applejack's wagon, along with members of the other teams.

Rainbow Dash jotted down a few notes. Eventually, she paused, then glanced over her clipboard at the scene below.

Applejack and Stu were distributing plates of apple slices to all the pegasi in attendance. Applejack said something, to which Stu had a witty comeback. Merry laughter rolled through the group, and they remained chatting with one another as they enjoyed their meal for the afternoon.

Rainbow Dash exhaled. She hugged the clipboard to her chest...

...and bore the strangest smile of her life.

Eventually, though, she stowed her notes away, flapped her wings, and took off for another set of clouds.

There, she continued practicing on her lonesome.

PreviousChapters Next