• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,719 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,719

PreviousChapters Next
That's Hacking(!)

"And so..." Don Canter paced across the dim barn, his eyes trained on Romulus. "...just like that, you decided... on your own... the course that our special allied organization was going to take?"

"Let's face it," Romulus said, glaring back at the leader and his blinking cohorts. "None of us truly know where the rest of the shards are located. If we tortured Rainbow Dash or exploited the foolish mare through her closest loved ones, we might find a way to recover the pieces she's already gathered—yes—but we would be powerless to find the remaining pieces." He gestured with his talons. "Now, I saw this mysterious impish beast that the pegasus has in her position. I have every reason to believe that this thing has been the magical impetus behind her previously uncanny knack for finding the shards. If she's able to find the remaining shards because of him, I say we utilize the beast's talents through her."

"Why not just nab the damn pony and torture her for the directions to the last remaining shards?!" Top Dog spat. "Seems like you're giving her a lot of leeway!"

"I'm telling you!" Romulus snapped. "It's not Rainbow Dash! It's this... creature in her possession that's been allowing her to find the pieces!" He looked at everyone else. "Since day one, I failed to understand just what unfathomable force empowered this mare to beat me... to beat us to the punch, over and over and over again!"

"Have you ever considered the fact that you simply suck?" Sunset Shimmer remarked.

The group broke into chuckles.

Romulus turned with an icy glare, quieting half the room. "...and would I be alone with such a distinction?"

Sunset Shimmer's face and muzzle burned. She tilted her glaring expression down into the barn's floor.

Romulus paced across the center of the place. "We have all spectacularly failed to grab the shards before Rainbow Dash. But now we know why. Rather than break the pattern and flow, I'd say we allow her and her hidden talent to bring us to the desired destination."

"But won't that mean entangling ourselves with the infamous dragon beast known as Aatxe?!" Flam remarked.

"And his..." Flim gulped. "...hoarde of draconian hatchlings?"

"No... it'll mean Rainbow Dash will have to confront this so called 'Big Boss,'" Romulus said. "It'll be a force unlike anything she's ever encountered before. It could very well bring an end to our target as we know her." His one good eye glinted as he turned around to face Don Canter. "Meanwhile... we'll move in when she least expects it... when Aatxe least expects it, and we'll grab all of the shards for ourselves. Not some of them. Not half of them. But all of them."

"That sounds like quite the unnecessary risk," Don Canter slurred.

"You don't like it, then say the word, and I'll gut Rainbow Dash's intestines in her sleep." Romulus held the shard in his grasp. "But I know exactly where she is and how long it will take her to get to her destination. What we decide to do now will determine whether we... whether you come out of this as a prince or a king." He glared. "So... what will it be?"

Flim and Flam nervously exchanged glances. Sunset and Top Dog blinked. Squidgy spun about in his jar.

Don Canter took a long, hard puff of his cigar. Flicking the ashes, he sighed and exhaled, "Just where is the stupid pony now...?"

PreviousChapters Next