• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,706 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,706

PreviousChapters Next
Villain Averted

Rainbow Dash reverse somesaulted than flew backwards at a maddening pace. Romulus flew right in her face, swipe-swipe-swiping with his daggers. One stab went really far, and Rainbow Dash knocked the attack aside with her lower legs before rolling forward and mounting the griffon's back. She threw her forelimbs around his neck in a vicious choke hold.

“Look, will you learn a new tune already?!” Rainbow Dash growled. “You see the sort of crap that's going on all over town, now?!” She gnashed her teeth and squeezed his feathery neck tighter. “Is that what you really want?!”

“The shard isn't for me,” Romulus hissed, shaking and shrugging his shoulders in an effort to throw her off. “I'm in this to get paid!”

“You mean this is all for money?!” Rainbow snarled. “In spite of all the crap these chaos shards do?!”

“And what do you want, humm?!” Romulus' beak rattled. “Are you in it just for the shards yourself?!”

Rainbow's face blanched.

Romulus grinned. “Gotcha...” He jerked back, throwing Rainbow off. Then, while she was airborne, he spun and kicked her savagely in the chest.

“Ooof!” Rainbow Dash flew off, then smashed through a delapidated market vendor. She rolled across the stone floor, then looked up, wincing.

Past where Daring Do was presently butting heads with over a dozen thugs, Rainbow could see the mass armada of wheels sailing west towards the edge of town... and Equestria abroad.

“N-no...” Rainbow winced, crawling forward with a hoof outstretched. “Trixie...”

Scraaaaaaaaape. Romulus paced leisurely towards her, dragging his daggers across the floor. “I don't care who gets power or who's in charge,” Romulus said. “And something tells me that neither do you. That makes us something of the same, really.” His hawkeyes narrowed. “And I can't be having two of me in this world...”

Rainbow Dash stumbled on something. She looked down to see her tattered, torn saddlebag. A tiny pair of stone antlers peeked out from inside.

“I'll make an awesome windsock out of your tail.” And Romulus stabbed down with both daggers.

Rainbow spun and blocked the dual blades with Lancie's twisted body. Cl-Clankkk! Sparks flew off the chaotic stone.

“Gnnngh!” Romulus struggled. Suddenly, he paled, his eyes locked on the miniature effigy in Rainbow's grip. “Wait.” His beak hung open. “Is th-that...?!”

“Haaaugh!” Rainbow Dash flew forward, uppercutting him with the statue. Whack!

Romulus teetered backwards, reeling.

Rainbow glared at him. Shaking her frowning face, she twirled and brought her rear legs up high. WHAM! She bucked the mercenary into next year.

Romulus went sailing into an open blacksmith's shop. His body collapsed amidst a pile of rattling metal ore and heavy tools. CRASSSH! With a groan, the feathery fiend was still.

Rainbow Dash spat, seething.

“Hey... uhhhh...” Lancie tapped the side of her head. “I hate to ruin the afterglow, but don't you have a Trixie to catch?”

“No...” Rainbow clenched her teeth. “We have a Trixie to catch!”

“Hah!” Lancie grinned. “Way to go, Sparky. Somehow I knew I'd be Chekcolt Gunning it at some point!”

“Daring!” Rainbow Dash shouted, taking a running start. “Can you hold your own?!”

“Yeah!” Daring forward flipped, drop-kicked a pair of thugs, and bounced her pith helmet off the nose of another henchstallion. “That and a half!”

“Good! We're going after Trixie!” Rainbow said, taking off with wings spread. Fwooosh!

“Wait...” Daring did a double-take. “What do you mean we?

“Raaaugh! Another of Don Canter's thugs stumbled forward. Daring yawned and flicked her tail down, tripping the grunting goon to the floor. “Ehhhhh... who am I kidding?” She smirked up towards the gray sky above the trenches. “Go get 'em, Champ.”

PreviousChapters Next