• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,706 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,706

PreviousChapters Next
This Is It, Come On

Across a glossy black expanse, two glowing cycles pursued one another. Donut Joe took an impressive lead, leaving a trail of blue energy behind him as he glided his way towards the edge of the plateau. Stu Leaves followed as swiftly as he could, throttling parallel to the target's light trail.

"Stu?!" Rainbow's voice cracked as she clung to the back of the stallion. Grunting, she craned her helmet to glare at him. "What gives? Why're you letting him get so far ahead of us?"

"It's m-my first time riding a two-wheeled metal space wagon powered by light!" Stu squeaked, gritting his teeth. "I'm surprised I haven't crashed into a garden fence or something by now!"

"Stu, look around you. Does this place look like it has gardens?"

"Well, I dunno! I don't even know where we are!" Stu glanced around, panting into his interior-lit helmet. "This feels like the inside of a refrigerator stock full of black gelatin!"

"Well, we'll spend less time in this place if you'd just catch up with Donut Joe!"

"And what do you plan to do with him when we catch up? Huh?" Stu frowned. "I doubt you can sonic rainboom him awake!"

"I-I'll think of something! I'm fast on my hooves!"

"Yeah, well, I'm not fast at all!" Stu winced. "Though I doubt this thing we're on really cares either way."

"Ah, for pony's sake." Rainbow Dash squinted to her right. She saw what appeared to be a ramp leading down to a lower level beneath the translucent surface. "Oh! Stu! Stu!" She pointed. "Down there! Take us down there!"

"What f-for?"

Rainbow grinned. "I smell a shortcut..."


"Hmmm-hmmmm-mmmmm..." Donut Joe smiled to himself, his melodic voice resonating inside his helmet as he casually sped ahead, eyes shut. "Only solutions. Don't pull me down, I just want to hear. Only solutionsssss. Oh it won't be long, it won't take toooo longggggg—"

VRMMMMMM! Out from beneath a glass onramp, Rainbow and Stu's cycle launched. It flew over Donut Joe's vehicle, screeched left and right, then finally glided evenly alongside the dreamer's craft.

"Hey!" Donut smiled aside. "Greetings, programs!"

"Donut Joe!" Rainbow snarled, flailing slightly as Stu once again lost his balance for a brief moment. "Your dream's come to an end! Now pull over your... erm... light bicycle thingy!"

"Pffft! Are you kidding?!" Joe grinned wide. "I'm the lead video game warrior for the past ten millicycles and counting! Ha-HA! This sure beats spreading sprinkles over frosting for a bunch of noisy, fat patrons every morning!"

"But s-sir!" Stu stammered. "You don't get it! You've been shammed by Flim and Flam!"

"I've been what now?"

"You were abducted the moment you stumbled into Shindig Soils!" Rainbow leaned aside, which only made Stu wobble all the more. "Don't you remember Central Fillyda?! The Cider Mill?! None of this is real! You're in a dream made up by thousands of dead alicorns and—"

"Pfft! Now you're really trying to pull my tail! Nice tactic!" Donut Joe winked. "But it won't let you win any better."

"Huh?" Stu blinked. "Win—?"

WHAM! Joe swung his cycle, bashing into the side of their vehicle.

"Luna Poop!" Rainbow stammered.

"Ah jeez!" Stu whimpered, struggling to stay upright. "Ah jeez!"

"Pffft! Look at you two floozies!" Donut Joe laughed into his helmet. "You couldn't possibly have been trained by the MCP!"

"The Ehm Cee what now?"

"Y'know, the Master Clop Program!" Donut Joe grinned. "Eh... doesn't matter. I've got bigger fish to fry. Eat my megabytes." VRMMMM! He soared on ahead, gliding down a slope that led into a valley of glowing red platforms.

"He's getting away!" Rainbow slapped the back of Stu's helmet. "Go on! After him!"

"Rainbow..."

"He's calling us losers?! Pfft! Not if I have anything to do with it—"

"Rainbow, you're not thinking outside of the box!"

Rainbow blinked at the stallion. "Huh?"

"If we play by his rules, then we're stuck in his dream." Stu frowned. "The whole point is to drag him out of it so we can find Applejack and the others!"

"But... but..." Rainbow winced. "How?"

"You're asking me? You're the one who did it before!"

A familiar sphere flew into proximity. "YES."

"Hmmmm..." Rainbow tapped her helmeted chin in thought. "Alright, so we gotta pull Donut Joe out of his dark blue glowy comfort zone." She blinked, then smirked devilishly. "First thing's first... I'm gonna need a distraction."

"Okay, like what?" Stu asked. "An explosion? A loud noise?"

"No." Rainbow reached back, pulled a glowing disc loose, and held it before the driver. "You."

"Ah, okay." Stu went cross-eyed, nearly crashing the cycle. "Wait... What?"

PreviousChapters Next