• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,724 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,724

PreviousChapters Next
Background Party

“Coco, you'd damn well better be taking notes!”

“Er... y-yes, Suri! Of c-course, Suri!”

“Good...” The taller of the two mares glared around the corner. Through the flashing lights and flickering strobes of the Paint Bucket Flat, she spotted Photo Finish and her clique huddled at a bar along with the strange mare of the evening. “Will you just look at them? Have they lost their minds? Look!”

“Erm... I-I can't look and take notes at the same time, Suri—”

“What kind of belligerent hussy does this mare think she is?” Suri rambled. “Strolling in out of nowhere and taking advantage of Photo Finish's generosity?” She leaned closer to Coco, hissing, “I hate to admit it, but I don't think her mane's dyed that way. That's natural beauty. I'll give her that.”

“'Give... her... that...'”

“Ungh! Don't copy that down! Please. Heheh—so literal.”

“I-I'm sorry, Suri.”

“Pfft. I bet you are. What do you suppose gets into the head of a mare like that?”

“Well, to be honest, I suspect she's just friendly and wants to—”

“I was being rhetorical, dumbass! But, really, though, what's her deal?” Suri tapped her chin in thought. “Hmmm... it's been rumored that Photo Finish has been under the weather lately.”

“'Under... the weather... lately...'”

“Some ponies think she's pregnant again. Others believe it's something way nastier, like equine anemia. But... heheh... not sure what's nastier than pregnancy, y'know what I'm saying?”

“Actually, no, I don't know what you're—”

Hush! Hrmmm... you know, come to think of it, nopony ever actually knows what happened to Mr. Finish. Photo seems to have all of her wealth intact. Maybe somepony somewhere learned all about this from an inside source and has sent a con artist to get on the photographer's good side and mooch on her. I mean, that's what I would do... if... if I-I was a con artist, I-I mean. Eheh...”

“Or maybe she j-just wants to be friendly and—”

Ungh! Coco! I pay you to take notes and make coffee, not to think!”

“I'm... s-sorry, Suri.”

“Not as sorry as she is going to be once I blow the roof off of whatever the mare's planning,” Suri said with a smirk. “There's only one mare who can flatter the skirts off of Phot Finish, and it sure as heck isn't—” Suri did a double-take, squinting at the bar. “Great Celestia! Is that Trenderhoof sitting with them?”

“Uhm... Yes, I believe so, Suri.”

“Heh... I almost take that back.” Suri smirked wickedly. “The mare's night is miserable enough as it is...”

PreviousChapters Next