• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,706 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,706

PreviousChapters Next
Appledashery

It's hard to say if whether or not Rainbow Dash ever truly feared for her own person. Yes, she was courageous, and, yes, she was daring. This was especially true of those early days, when the only way to do something thoughtful was to do it adventurously and explosively. While I agree that she's changed considerably since, there's still much of the same Rainbow in her today—the Rainbow that's mischievous, that loves fun things, that can only accomplish tasks by the most complicated and convoluted means imaginable, because to do so is to prove that she's somehow alive, and not just—say—some rock lying on a plateau and suffering the slings and arrows of entropy.

There's no denying that a lot of what Rainbow Dash did was self-destructive. Perhaps, in a lot of ways, she was punishing herself. She knew what she wanted and there was always... always a direct path to get there. But she never settled for it. She felt like there was so much in her life that she had to earn, and even then it was some strangely humble act of epic impossiblity, wherein the journey towards achieving something far outshone the very real potential for failing at it.

Anyone who's heard of Rainbow Dash testifies over how much she likes to win.

Anyone who knows her realizes that she's winning all the time, even when she's losing. Because—in the end, with all that Rainbow has gained and lost—she can say with pride that she has done everything her way.

How incomprehensibly rewarding a thing it is to know that she would not end up winning in life alone...

PreviousChapters Next