• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,705 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,705

PreviousChapters Next
... Made You Leaf

"Rainbow?" Fluttershy craned her neck.

Applejack's and Stu Leaves' voices grew more and more concrete as the pair came closer. But mostly just Stu's.

"Oh no..." Rainbow gnashed her teeth. She flew over towards a nearby tree and knocked her head several times against it. "No no no no no no." Thap thap thap thap!

"Rainbow, what's wrong?" Fluttershy hoarsely inquired.

Rainbow clenched her teeth. She couldn't bear to look... to hear... to smell.

"We're here!" Applejack cackled as the wagon wheels came to a stop. "Alright, Stu, you can hoof the reins over to me!"

"No no no no no no pleeeeease no." Rainbow clenched her eyes shut, nearly boring a hole through the tree with her forehead. Her ears pounded from her throbbing pulse. Her heart—

"Here ya go, AJ."

"Thanks a heap, Stu. That uphill climb always kills me!"

"Heh... no sweat. Er... well... y-you know what I mean."

Rainbow squeaked, teeth grinding.

"Heh... goofball. Now... you and Big Mac got a game plan for harvestin' the apples while I'm gone?"

"... ... ...!" Rainbow's eyes flew open.

"Right. We're gonna alternate days where he takes care of Fluttershy's critters during the morning and I roam the fields in the evening. And then we've already got the shifts planned for selling produce at the market."

"Make sure to keep on his keister about it. Not that Big Mac is lazy or nothin', but... well... he's a tad bit soft-spoken, so it's mighty easy to make broad assumptions with him."

"Heh... we're stallions, AJ. We can brospeak. Ain't that right, Big Mac?"

"Eeeyup."

"... ... ...okay, so I can dig a challenge."

"Heh heh heh..."

Blinking, Rainbow spun around.

Stu Leaves was busy fastening the wagon struts to Applejack. He leaned in as the two shared a nuzzle, and then he backtrotted. "You girls have fun!" The stallion said with a wave. He glanced across the way. "Spike? Need a lift back?"

"Mrmmmff... hmmm?" Spike swallowed up the gravelly bits of a gemstone, slitted eyes blinking. "Oh... uhm... well..." He shrugged. "...if that wouldn't be much of a problem."

Stu and Big Mac exchanged glances. Then, with a smirk, Stu motioned. "Why don't you hop a ride with us, dude? Last time I heard, Big Mac had this awesome... secret fishin' hole just perfect for wasting away a cool, crisp afternoon like this one. Figured we'd relax a bit and chew the fat before all the work we gotta do this week. Wanna join us?"

"Heh... sure!" Spike zipped up the bag of trail mix and waddled after the two stallions. "Mind if... uhm... I bring a comic book or two?"

"So long as you don't have us use the pages for bait."

"Are you kidding? The fish would ruin the ink!"

"Heheh... what do you like reading, anyways?"

"The Power Ponies!"

"Ah..." Stu nodded. "But of course."

"You read comic books?"

"Well, I used to. Are you familiar with The Sandmare?"

"Huh?"

"Y'know... by Neigh Gaiman?"

"... ... ....?"

Stu sighed. "Eh... well... Vertigallop Comics ain't what they used to be." He waved at the mares. "So long! Have a nice trip! Be safe!"

"Back at y'all!" Applejack called back as she drew the wagon across the clearing. "Dun ya be burnin' down my farm or nothin'!"

"Heh... wouldn't live with myself if that happened!"

"Darn tootin', ya varmint face!"

"Freckle monster!" Stu called back, then blinked aside at Big Macintosh. "Erm... present company accepted."

"Heheh... Eeyup." And Big Mac helped Spike onto his back as the three guys descended down the path, chatting with one another.

"Okay, gals!" Applejack adjusted her hat as she paused in the middle of the clearing. "Go on and toss yer bags into this here cart. And dun none of y'all fret about me pullin' the load! I ain't enjoyin' myself unless I'm gettin' some fine exercise."

"That's ever so kind of you, dear," Rarity said, floating her things into the back.

"Yes... thank you, Applejack," Twilight said, levitating her things as well.

Trixie added to the mix. "Thank you apple horse!"

"A good exercise needs good vittles!" Pinkie Pie hopped up, holding a plastic bag. "Lookie lookie!"

"Awwww shucks!" Applejack smiled. "Is this one of yer world-famous custom trail mixes?" Pinkie tossed her the plastic bag. Applejack cradled it, squinting. It was full of nothing but apple-slices. "Whewwwww doggie!" Applejack grinned, then hung the bag off the edge of the wagon. "This is already lookin' to be the best campin' trip ever!"

"Mmmmm... I'm so excited." Fluttershy grunted slightly as she placed her bags into the back of the wagon. Her eyes were locked on Rainbow Dash.

Rainbow Dash turned to blink at Fluttershy.

Fluttershy squinted.

Rainbow bit her lip, sweating.

"... ... ..." Fluttershy smirked wryly. She leaned into nuzzle the mare, then ruffled her prismatic bangs. "Stop worrying," the pegasus mouthed with her delicate muzzle, then flew ahead to join the others. "Say... Twilight... did you bring your nature guide?"

"Oh! Totally! It's the latest edition too!"

Rainbow stared at the group. She wound up... then exhaled the heaviest breath of her body. She came out the other side with a limp smile, then proceeded to add her bag quietly to Applejack's wagon.

PreviousChapters Next