• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,725 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,725

PreviousChapters Next
Feel Free to Take Notes

“Personally, I don’t blame you for forgetting a lot of stuff that went on this weekend,” Twilight said while ambidextrously chicken-scratching notes onto a pair of parchments with separate telekinetic auras. “The Gala and the day or two after took a lot out of me! I’m writing two letters to the Princess at one time! One to talk about what I learned about the Gala itself. The other to talk about what I look forward in next year’s Gala.”

“You wanna go through all that crud again?” Rainbow Dash remarked from where she hovered close to the ceiling of the library tree’s library.

“Rainbow Dash, why don’t you sit down or something?” Twilight smirked while sweat bulbs of deep thought and concentration gathered along her fuzzy forehead. “It’s hard to hear you from so high up.”

“I… uh…” Rainbow Dash bit her lip. “I like exercising my wings whenever I get the chance to, Twilight! You know that!” She folded her forelimbs and gestured over her shoulder at the mess of dusty bookcases. “Especially here in the Bookwormhole.”

“But you hover all the time!” Twilight said through the corner of her smirking muzzle. “Even when you, me, and the girls are just hanging out or--”

“Look, that’s all cool n’stuff, but can we get back to the topic at hoof?”

“Oh! Uhm… but of course!” Twilight scribbled, scribbled, paused, then blinked blankly at the walls. “What were we talking about again?”

Rainbow glared at her with razor-straight eyebrows. “Me forgetting what happened this weekend.”

“Oh! Right! I… forgot.” Twilight cleared her throat, licked her lip, and finished two paragraphs at once before saying, “Well, Rainbow, I was kind of doing one thing and one thing only over the past two days, so I suppose it’s unexciting enough for anypony to have bothered remembering.”

“Weren’t you ‘window shopping’ with Rarity and Fluttershy?”

“Was I?” Twilight bit her lip and placed her quills down. “Hang on. I have to check my seventy-two-hour hindsight checklist.”

“You keep…” Rainbow squinted. “...a ‘hindsight’ checklist?”

“Ah! Here we go!” Twilight dragged some fresh notecards out of a drawer and shuffled through them. “Hmmmmm-Yup! I was indeed ‘window shopping’ all weekend with the girls!”

“What’d you buy?”

“Nothing!” Twilight giggled with her eyes happily shut. “Heeee--I am so broke!”

“Wow. How sad for you…”

“Did Rarity send you here?” Twilight hummed aloud as she shuffled more notecards. “Not that I’m complaining. I appreciate the company.”

“Rarity’s safe in her own little world,” Rainbow muttered between the flaps of her blue wings. “Which is why I left her there… with my gown.”

“Huh?” Twilight blinked up at her. “What about your gown?”

“Meh. She’s fixing it up… or something.”

Twilight swiveled around, this time staring directly up at the pegasus. “You… want your dress to be fixed?”

“Yes! I mean… no!” Rainbow Dash nervously flicked her tail as she looked away. “Maybe? I dunno.”

“I was pretty certain you didn’t want to be caught dead wearing that thing ever again--”

“Look, it was the only way I could talk to Rarity without feeling like a total lame-o.”

“For what? Forgetting the weekend of your life?” Twilight smirked. “We’ve all been there, Rainbow.” The unicorn blinked. “Well, except for maybe Spike. He’s just a baby dragon, after all.” She blinked again. “Or Fluttershy. The poor mare barely gets out.” She rubbed her chin with a worrisome expression. “And then there’s Cheerilee. She’s too busy grading papers to party. That reminds me, I should help her with that research paper curriculum that she was needing for the coming semester…”

“Twilight…”

“Oh! Uhm…” Twilight jumped in place with a twitch of her tail hairs. “Maybe if you kept notecards like me, you wouldn’t trip over your own memory so much!”

“Pffft!” Rainbow pffft’d. “The day you see me writing notecards for myself is the day I hoof over my flier’s license!”

“Funny…” Twilight wagged her eyebrows. “I could have sworn you said the same thing once about wearing a dress.”

“How’s your assistant been doing lately? Has he eaten any good dragon’s teeth lately?”

“Rainbowwww, I get the picture.” Twilight rolled her eyes. “I’ll stop teasing. Also, please don’t take your frustrations out on Spike.”

“Why not? You do.”

“Wha--?!” Twilight’s voice was devoured by her own incredulous inhalation. “I do not!”

“Bite your tongue! You let the poor lil’ squirt bump his head all the time!”

“He can’t help being clumsy at his age, plus having a bipdeal body weight distribution like that! And besides, it’s not as if his dragon scales can’t take it--”

“Fiiiiiine.” Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Just do me a favor and use those fancy notecards of mine to fill me in.”

“Fill… you in?”

“On where I went the last time you saw me!” Rainbow Dash grunted.

“Oh! Uhm… right!” Twilight shuffled through the notecards, licked her lips again, and brightened. “Ah! Here we go! According to my hindsight checklist, the last time I saw you and Applejack, you two were heading to…”

Rainbow Dash, in the meantime, had twirled with her back to Twilight. She nibbled on the edges of her hooves and nervously whispered, “Pleasedon’tsaysomeplacealoneandintimate! Pleasedon’tsaysomeplacealoneandintimate!”

“...the Gala Fair at the Upper Diamond District…”

Rainbow Dash exhaled so hard that she positively deflated. “Whewwwwww…” Her face went slack with a relieved grin.

“...to sample some of Canterlot’s finest cider!”

“Grkkkk!” Rainbow Dash’s temple burst a blood vessel.

PreviousChapters Next