• Published 4th Dec 2013
  • 16,719 Views, 16,177 Comments

Appledashery - Just Essay



Rainbow Dash lives an exciting life and is swiftly becoming the most daring, awesome pegasus in all of Equestria. She would gladly give it all up, though, just to confess her love to Applejack.

  • ...
106
 16,177
 16,719

PreviousChapters Next
Epiphanies

"And that's when it hit me...

"I had failed. In trying to achieve a pattern, I had discovered a reversal. A mirror.

"The pony of that one dimension was drawn to throwing herself in one straight line, away from all the wounds that defined here...

"And here I've discovered that there's no stopping her in this world either, for that same pony is also being herded... corralled in a straight line. Not by pain... but by love...

"Love, Rainbow Dash, such a strange... frightening little thing. More powerful than meteors. Longer lasting than any war. And the power of this damnable thing had forced this mare to fly a straight line... deep into her own self. A place where there is no escape. A place where she feels miserably happy... or happily miserable... because she is content in the sanctity of her... and knowing her... and loving her, even if they—by the boundaries of her many blessings—have to remain savagely... incomprehensibly apart.

"I thought I understood chaos. I was wrong.

"I have a lot to learn about the beautiful tragedy of a smitten heart. And yet, for all of my qualms, for all of my refrains... I can only feel envy...

"That... and the distinct feeling that I would become a great deal better—a far more sincere shred of a living thing... if I could just spend one day being you."

PreviousChapters Next