• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,259 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,259

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #1: Grey Skies

Pinkie Pie sighed as she sat by the window of her room in Sugarcube Corner. Outside, she could see the pegasi building the weather-they were scheduled for a pretty heavy snowstorm today, and if they weren’t then Pinkie would have been outside, dashing around, throwing snowballs at Dashie and having fun. But Dashie was working on the storm-Pinkie could see her flitting from one place to another, a bright bolt against the rapidly greying sky.

Sometimes, Pinkie liked to imagine what Dashie was saying. Maybe something like ‘Pinkie Pie and I are super-duper-awesome marefriends’, or maybe ‘move that cloud while I go and kiss my marefriend’. It would be nice if it was true, but Pinkie Pie knew it wasn’t. For all her napping and laziness, Rainbow was a good weatherpony, and if she was on the job, that would be all she was thinking about until it was completed. Dashie was cool like that. Pinkie knew that she couldn’t focus on a single goal like that. She needed to be doing four different things at once, like thinking about Dashie, making cupcakes, and planning parties with cupcakes for Dashie. But Rainbow had always held Pinkie’s attention.

She was so eye-catching, a living blast of brightness and speed that barely slowed down for anything. She was always moving, always doing something, which was what Pinkie felt like her mind was like sometimes. She had been drawn to bright things ever since the Rainboom on the rock farm, all those years ago, and maybe it was a little silly, but Pinkie Pie was a bit of a silly pony-and Pinkie would be a very silly pony indeed if she denied that. But Dashie wasn’t a silly pony. She liked to have fun, but she was aiming for a goal, a goal higher than Pinkie could ever imagine.

And one day, Rainbow Dash would reach her goal, and Pinkie Pie would still be a baker in Ponyville. She’d still be making ponies happy, there was no doubt in Pinkie’s mind about that, but Dashie was going to places that Pinkie couldn’t follow. And sometimes, Pinkie wished that Rainbow would stay in Ponyville, but that would be selfish and silly, and would not make Rainbow happy at all.

Pinkie Pie glanced up at the nearly-complete storm, its grey expanse covering the sky. She watched as a blue streak punched through the clouds as the snow began to fall, and fly towards Carousel Boutique. She couldn’t quite see it from here, but Pinkie knew what would be happening. Rainbow would be knocking on the door, and then Rarity would open it, and then they would go inside and make out.

Sighing once more, Pinkie Pie closed the shutters on the window, and decided to go to Sugarcube corner’s kitchen. Maybe baking would take her mind off Rainbow Dash for a while. Maybe chocolate icing and loads of sugar would help her forget how much thinking of Rainbow Dash hurt.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #1: “Hush”
The Prompt: Write a RainbowPie story in which one (or both) of the characters does not utter a single word of dialogue for the entire story.

Still not that great with romance stuff.

PreviousChapters Next