• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,264 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,264

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #558: Everything A Pony Needs

In a hole in the ground, there lived a pony.

“Vinyl, you’re being silly. Come out of there.”

It was not entirely a comfortable hole, but it was home.

“No way, Tavi. Do you know how hard it was to get here without anypony seeing me? I’m staying here. Where it’s safe.”

The pony’s coat was stained with dirt, and when the pony moved, dirt would sometimes fall down.

“Vinyl, it’s ridiculous. How are you going to eat? Bathe? I am not re-doing your mane and tail if you are that dirty.”

The hole was generally a solid hole. Once, the hole had been a mine, but now it was just a hole.

“There’s flowers outside, Octy, and there’s a stream not far from here. Heck, there’s even grass!”

The hole was big enough that an entire family could have lived inside without much trouble. It was warm in winter, and cool in summer.

“Vinyl, you’re living in an abandoned mine. Besides, how are you going to create music down here?”

The hole even had doors, though they were ill-fitting and full of gaps, but they were still doors.

“Easy! I can power my equipment from my magic. See, I’ve thought about this, Tavi!”

Few lamps remained in the hole, but to the pony living in the hole, the lack of light was not a problem.

“Would you at least tell me why you’re in there, Vinyl?”

The hole was quiet, generally cool, and it felt safe and secure, which is why the pony chose to live in it.

“Read this, Octy.”

“If the thing that’s got you living in a mine is written down, how did you find out about it?”

“I got a pony to read it out. A couple, actually.”

“Fine, fine...oh dear.”

“See why I’m living here now?”

“Indeed. Do you have room for one more?”

In a hole in the ground, there lived two ponies.

“Ow!”

“Watch where you’re going, Octy. The floor’s not exactly even.”

“Excuse me, but not all of us are accustomed to a total lack of sight! Oh...”

“Hah! I just realised, Tavi, that down here, you’re the blind one!”

“Oh, shut up.”

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #558: “And That Means Comfort”
The prompt: In a hole in the ground, there lived a pony.

Heh. I like this one.

PreviousChapters Next