• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,251 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,251

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #348-Wonders of the Night

Vinyl Scratch sat nervously in the restaurant, twirling her mane around a hoof restlessly. At her roommate Octavia’s insistence, her normally wild mane had been tamed into something resembling more like Octavia’s own style. The date had been Octavia’s idea too, and Vinyl swore to Celestia that if she was stood up, she’d cut off Octavia’s tail. Vinyl glanced up at the clock. It was nearly eight, and her supposed date should be here any minute now. Every time somepony walked through the door, her uncovered ruby eyes flicked over to watch where they were going. Fancypants, much to her surprise, was the next to enter, but just as she thought the classy pony was her date, he veered off and sat down next to a grey pegasus mare.

“What is this, weird couples night?” muttered the DJ, glancing back up at the clock, sweating almost imperceptibly. Exactly as the clock struck eight, another pony entered the restaurant.

“BEHOLD, LOYAL SUBJECTS! YOUR PRINCESS HATH ARRIVED!” Boomed Princess Luna.

‘Please let it not be the princess. Please let it not be the princess,’ thought Vinyl, watching where the princess of the night was headed, ‘Dammit, it’s the princess. Octavia, your tail is going to get dyed if I get out of this alive,’ continued the DJ’s thoughts as Princess Luna sat down opposite her.

“Thou art my companion for the evening?” said the princess, at a much more normal speaking volume, drawing a blink of surprise from Vinyl.

“Uhh...yes, your highness. I guess I am,” replied Vinyl, “I’m Vinyl Scratch, and I guess there’s no need for you to introduce yourself. Uh, No offense, Your Highness.”

“None taken, Miss Vinyl Scratch. We are a...recognizable pony,” replied Princess Luna, “But please, there is no need to stand on formality. Please refer to us simply as Luna.”

“Alright then,” Vinyl unconsciously swallowed, “Luna, who set this up for you?” It was a relatively safe topic of conversation.

“Twas our sister, Celestia. She felt that we ‘Needed to experience the nightlife of our little ponies’,” mimicked Luna, making air quotes with her front hooves.

Vinyl, despite her nervousness of having dinner with a Princess of Equestria, grinned, “Nightlife, huh? I know a few things about that. I’m a DJ at one of the clubs here in Canterlot.”

-time-

“Dee Jay? What profession is this? We cannot say that we have ever heard of it, nor these ‘clubs’ that thou speak of,” asked Princess Luna.

“Do you want me to show you what some ponies get up to during the night?” asked Vinyl, offering a hoof to the Princess. Luna hesitated for a brief moment, but then took Vinyl’s hoof, and the DJ lead the Princess out of the restaurant, towards one of the more popular nightclubs in downtown Canterlot.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #348-‘Love is (Not) in Bloom’
The prompt: Two of the following characters go on a blind date: Bon Bon, Thunderlane, Princess Luna, Braeburn, Vinyl Scratch, Fancypants, Ditzy Doo/Derpy Hooves.

PreviousChapters Next