• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,232 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,232

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #399-Choosing Loyalties(Contains mild gore. You have been warned.)

(Gore Warning) (A continuation of #394-Corruption)

Twilight stared at the thing that had once been Rainbow Dash as it lunged towards her, mouth open and full of razor sharp teeth. Twilight dodged backwards just in time, narrowly avoiding the snap of Rainbow’s jaw, aimed for her neck.

“Rainbow, what in Equestria are you doing?” cried the princess, “You promised you’d help me!”

“Sorry, Twilight. But this speed, this body...it’s so much better than my old one. I can’t let you take that away from me. I can’t let you send me to the Eternal Prison,” said Rainbow, stalking forwards, and Twilight retreated and looked at Rainbow’s new body. Rainbow left small pillars of multi coloured fire where she stepped, and where her tail dragged on the ground. Her wings had changed from the normal pegasus ones into bigger, more powerful dragon wings, and Twilight could see the light of madness in her eyes. Rainbow shot forwards while Twilight was taking stock of her new form, her jaw unhinging unnaturally.

Twilight wasn’t fast enough this time. Teeth met flesh. Flesh ripped and tore, and blood dribbled down Rainbow’s chin. The former pegasus gave a savage grin, and spat several feathers out, before swallowing what meat she’d ripped from Twilight’s wing.

“You know, I kinda like the taste of pony princess,” mused Rainbow, “It’s got an awesome,”

Twilight interrupted Rainbow by blasting her with the strongest magic she could muster. The beam threw Rainbow off the mountain top, but less than a second later, a Sonic Rainboom rocked the sky, and the very air caught fire in Rainbow Dash’s wake. The supersonic corrupted pegasus slammed into Twilight Sparkle, who only just managed to reinforce her body with magic before the impact, or the result didn’t bear thinking about. Twilight felt Rainbow’s teeth dig into her again, on the same wing as before. As the two separated, Rainbow’s head jerked back, taking another chunk.

“I know you’re still in there, Rainbow Dash,” said Twilight, “Rainbow Dash wouldn’t betray her friends like this. She’s the loyalest pony in Equestria.”

“Are you done, princess?” asked Rainbow, swallowing the peice of Twilight’s wing she’d been chewing on, “I’m still me. I just had a realization. The only pony I need to be loyal to, the only one deserving of it, is myself.”

“I don’t want to Fight you, Rainbow. I don’t want to destroy our friendship,” said Twilight, her horn lighting up in preparation for the spell to restore the world to normal again.

“Then don’t cast that spell in that book.”

“What?”

“If you promise to not cast that spell, I won’t hurt you. We can be friends still.”

“I...I can’t. Tartarus needs to be resealed, Rainbow.”

****Time****

“Then I guess we know where you stand, princess,” said Rainbow, and she darted fowards once more. Twilight cast the spell.

It was testament to the ferocity of Rainbow Dash’s final charge that she resisted the spell pulling her down into Tartarus long enough to wrap one hoof around Twilight’s neck, and sink her teeth into the same wing that she had bitten twice before, and ripped a large chunk from it. Then the spell grabbed Rainbow with its full force, and dragged Twilight’s former friend off to the Eternal Prison, the only evidence that she’d been there was a bloody and mangled wing, and the Element of Loyalty sparkling on the ground.

“I’m so sorry, Rainbow,” muttered Twilight, “I’m so, so sorry.”
And with that, she collapsed.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #399-"Loyal To The End"
The Prompt: I’ll be loyal even as you destroy me

PreviousChapters Next