• Published 18th Apr 2013
  • 2,256 Views, 456 Comments

Ponywatching - ThunderTempest



Stories from TMP prompts

  • ...
4
 456
 2,256

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #343-Unexpected

The final notes of the song echoed out around the concert hall, and silence prevailed for a few brief moments. Then the clapping started, not slowly like she was used to, but an instant thunderous applause from everypony in the audience.

‘I guess they liked it,’ Octavia thought to herself, as she placed her cello to the side in order to take her bows, applause still ringing throughout the theatre. As she bowed, her eyes caught sight of a wild two-tone blue mane in the audience, and she smiled fondly. Then, as Octavia bowed again, the owner of the mane got up from her seat, and moved over to the wall, and grabbed a rope that had been secured there before the concert had started. Carefully unwinding it, the pony then took the rope in her teeth, and leapt from the balcony to gasps from the patrons nearby, and soon the entire concert hall was watching her swing down onto the stage, and landing only a few meters away from Octavia.

“Vinyl Scratch, What are you doing?” Hissed Octavia. Rather than reply, Vinyl just sauntered towards Octavia and then kissed the cellist full on the lips. Once again, silence prevailed throughout the theatre. In the middle of the kiss, Vinyl’s horn lit up, and all the lights in the concert hall went out. A few thuds then echoed around, a moan came out, and then,

“Who’s my little wubsy? You’re my little wubsy, yes you are,” came Vinyl Scratch’s voice.

“Oh, Vinyl,” giggled Octavia through the darkness, “Never change.” In the audience, jaws dropped, ponies blushed as their imaginations took over, and then the lights came back on. Octavia was still on stage, still wearing her signature bow tie, and not a single hair on the concert cellist was out of place. Behind her, Vinyl Scratch had somehow set up a mixing deck, and three stacks of giant speakers, and to the ponies in the front row, they could see that the speaker stacks were labeled ‘Wubsy’, and realization began to set in. Just then, the speakers powered up, and high-energy electronic music washed over the concert hall. Echoing her partner’s move from earlier, Octavia strode up to Vinyl, kissed her full on the lips, and then moved back over and picked up her cello.

“I am Vinyl Scratch, and this is Octavia,” called the DJ, lowering the music slightly in order to make herself heard, “And you are now part of our wedding reception.” And then cello and electronic music joined in joyous harmony.

Author's Note:

Written for Prompt #343-'Word of Mouth'
The Prompt: Everypony was surprised to see them kiss
Special rule: The reason everypony is surprised should be something more than not knowing the kissing ponies are a couple. That’s fine as an aspect of it, but there should be something additionally surprising about the kiss, the couple, or the circumstances of it.

PreviousChapters Next